2iStore Hot Water Heat Pump

iStore Hot Water Heat Pump Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Martin  · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

How do you turn up the gas pressure and the hot water temperature thanks

iStore   DM

Hi Martin, please call our hotline on 1300 552 619 and we can discuss your needs. Thank you, iStore.

Martin

Thanks but they got it solved

CRD333
CRD333 · Hot Water Heat Pump

For those that have the unit installed, can you advise the level of noise generated.

iStore   DM

The iStore comes in two models, the 180L emits 45dB and the 270L emits 48dB. Typically this is no louder than a split system air conditioner. We recommend running the iStore during the day to maximise savings from PV(solar Panel) generation and the warmer ambient temperatures. These two recommendations result in run times away from any night time disturbances. Note that typically the iStore would heat for around 1.5-2.0 hours per heating cycle so the noise emitted is for limited durations.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 552 619 to discuss your individual situation.

Steve H
Steve H · Hot Water Heat Pump

Considering the iStore 180, could someone provide me with the actual unit measurements, please? It will be installed in a storage area inside a large ceiling storage area, however I have size constraints to consider!

I would appreciate a full specification sheet if you could provide one.

Many thanks, Steve

iStore   DM

Hi, You can find the specifications for the 180L system through the link below.

external link

Please call iStore on 1300 552 619 to discuss your unique installation.

Kind regards,

Chrissie M.
Chrissie M. · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

I have just had the 180L unit installed. I have rooftop solar so I've set the timer from 0800-1500hrs, but it's 2000hrs and it has turned itself on. How can I resolve this? Thanks

JKLO
JKLO

There are 2 timers. So my guess is that the second timer is set to turn on at 2000hrs. Change the timer settings.

iStore   DM

Hi Chrissie, it certainly sounds like there is a second timer in place, timer settings and clearing them is covered in the home owner’s manual and also in the videos on the external link  website under the Support menu option.

You are welcome to call the 1300 552 619 support line where we can also advise on those changes.

New puppy owners
New puppy owners · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Please can someone contact me regarding sales and enquiries for the iStore Air to Energy 270L.

garynardella@me.com

iStore   DM

Thank you very much for your enquiry, please call our 1300 number and we can discuss you individual needs and provide details of a reseller in your area.

iStore – 1300 552 619

New puppy owners
New puppy owners · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Hi Im looking to purchase an effective, efficient and energy saving hot water unit. After reading the reviews I am very interested in the iStore Air to Energy 270L. How much are the units and what are the warranties?

Cheers J

iStore – 1300 552 619

JustaPerson
JustaPerson · Hot Water Heat Pump

Hello, are there any reviewers from Canberra that can confirm they are happy?
Kind regards,

Ursula
Ursula · Hot Water Heat Pump

We have plenty of solar energy we are producing. Hence, we are looking to utilise this power during the day and store it in a well insulated water tank. We are a 2 people household and would use a maximum of about 170L tank. What can you recommend?
Kindly
Ursula

iStore   DM

Hi Ursula, Thanks for your enquiry. Please contact our office and we can direct you to the appropriate agent for your area who will be able to advise you on your best options - 1300 552 619.

Matt
Matt · Hot Water Heat Pump

Hello
Happy customer here.
Installed the istore 180 system recently in Western Australia.

The unit gets full sun and the plastic shell is getting quite hot to the touch and ambient air temp is around 30C by noon when I power it up. I have the unit set with a networked smart timer on the power supply side.
At the moment the compressor is running and drawing around 400W. However the fan is not starting. I am assuming that is OK and its just because the unit will only start the fan if it needs to draw in more hot air??
It would be good if the unit had wifi as the screen is very difficult to read in the full sun. Otherwise great product.
thanks
Matt

iStore   DM

Hi Matt, thanks for your feedback, it's great to hear. Please call our tech support on 1300 552 619 to discuss your observations with our team. Thank you

Plark · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

iStore air to energy just installed 2 days ago. I have over as well so important it comes on only in day. I have the timer setting for 8:00 to 18:00 but I notice the fan is coming on earlier about 7:00. Why is it doing this?

Plark

Thanks Sean. The system was obedient this morning. It must have needed what you called midnight "disinfect". Should that be "re-set" or something. It is a great unit, but the manual (hardcopy and online) leaves a lot to be desired.

iStore   DM

Hi Plark, Please call the iStore helpline on 1300 552 619 and we will clarify and assist you with your query.

Sean

Plato, I’ve removed my comment as it was incorrect. iStore will be in touch (they give great customer service mate)

Will
Will · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

Can this be installed in a large cupboard space without venting to outside?

iStore   DM

Maybe – the iStore requires up to 500 cubic metres of air per hour to flow through the heating system to operate efficiently. Indoor areas can be used where sufficient ventilation is present. Please call us on 1300 552 619 and we can discuss your individual situation prior to installation. Kind regards, iStore.

Geoff
Geoff

This would also cool your home, the machine is a heat pump, it moves heat from the surrounding air into the water. Not really ideal if you're heating your home also.

Darryl Wickham · Hot Water Heat Pump

what is the cost of 270 l and 180l and installation with existing 20 solar panels including govt rebate for heat pump

iStore   DM

Hi Darryl, there are many factors to determine pricing and rebate values, if you can provide us with your location we can have one of our authorised retailers make contact to discuss your current hot water setup and needs to determine the most suitable system for you.

Lower Mitcham post code 5062

iStore   DM

Please contact our office and we can direct you to the appropriate agent for your area - 1300 552 619.

Kia B. · Hot Water Heat Pump

Do you think the 270l unit is suitable for a family of six? Can you please tell me how much rebate we receive in W.A

iStore   DM

Hi Kia, the 270L iStore can produce over 1920 litres of water per day but your individual usage is best discussed with one of our authorised resellers. The Federal Government rebate is dependent upon your location and average air temperatures.

If you can provide us with your location we can recommend a reseller near you who can discuss all matters related to your home needs

Thanks that would be great. Our location is Roleystone W.A

Rohan
Rohan · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

We are looking to replace the current gas hot water system in the backyard (very close to outdoor seating area).

How loud does the iStore unit get when it is operating? I want to understand if the noise levels are high enough to become an issue.

Thanks.

iStore   DM

The iStore units have a rated 46db sound emission measured at 1m from the unit, this is typically slightly less than a standard split system type air conditioner that you may be familiar with. Typically the unit will operate in bursts of approximately 1 to 1.5 hrs when required so it does not make a noise continually. The unit comes with inbuilt timers to take advantage of daytime electric solar panel generation and as such can be limited to operation time and hence avoid evening and night operation if required.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 552 619 and we can discuss your specific concerns.

Ian Cooper
Ian Cooper

I have had my istore for nearly 2 years but just resently the fan will not shut off after it get to the required temperature the only way to turn it off is to do it on the touchscreen and when it comes on again to reheat same thing fan stays on
I have contact the local service team
Ian

Robert · Hot Water Heat Pump 180L

Hi
Would like to buy the 180l . Is it possible to get a quote with installation.

iStore   DM

Hi Robert, there are many factors that determine a hot water installation price and they are best answered by a local installer familiar with your state requirements and of course your current hot water system and needs. The iStore comes in 2 different sizes, the 180L and the 270L and selection of the most suitable should be discussed with the installer.

Please call the 1300 552 619 and when we know your location we can put you in touch with an installer near you.

Angelo
Angelo  · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

How much does it cost to instal and how much rebate do I get in nsw

iStore   DM

Hi Angelo, there are many factors that determine a hot water installation price and they are best answered by a local installer familiar with your state requirements and of course your current hot water system and needs. The iStore comes in 2 different sizes, the 180L and the 270L and selection of the most suitable should be discussed with the installer. The federal government incentives(rebates) vary depending on location and market forces but are approximately $1050 for the 180L and approximately $945 for the 270L.

Please call 1300 552 619 and when we know your location we can put you in touch an installer near you.

ColinM · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Our iStore 270l was installed in June and has worked to produce hot water since then. We noticed that the temperature was lower than our former gas system and although we do not like it, we accept that this is due to regulations. However, the pressure is much lower than our previous system, much lower than I would have expected from the answer given on page 19 of the troubleshooting guide. We went away for a couple of weeks and when we returned it seemed even lower, so low that we cannot now have a proper hot shower. To get enough pressure to work the shower, we have to add so much cold water that the shower is lukewarm. At the kitchen, pressure is also too low to be able to efficiently rinse plates. The system does not seem to be working in a manner fit for purpose. Should we contact the service agents?

iStore   DM

Hi Colin. It sounds to us like this is a valve issue. Get in contact with our service team and we would be happy to come out and resolve this issue for you.

From ColinM
Response from iStore was immediate and very effective. Many thanks to Phil on the phone from Perth for his help. Our hot water now seems just fine.
Thanks!

Sean

Colin, you can set temperature as well. I’ve noticed the iStore switches off a little early than set temp so I set mine to 64.0 to ensure tank is above 60.0 (usually switches off around 62.0) Heating via normal eco heat transfer is about 1.5 hours at 1kWh. On my PV system running at peak time of day heating is 100% off PV. Hope this helps

Sam
Sam · Hot Water Heat Pump

I have gas/LPG would it be to install IStore Air and would it efficient and save on gas. I have Gas/LPG. thanks

iStore   DM

The LPG gas hot water systems are in fact the most expensive option to run, as they are less common we did not include it in the savings graphs on our brochures or website. The 200L per day consumption for LPG is approximately $1344 per year so yes the iStore will easily save you money when compared.

Bevan
Bevan · Hot Water Heat Pump 270L

Hi guys - amazing reviews and considering this unit with solar but wondering how it will perform in Hobart’s climate

iStore   DM

Hi Bevan, the iStore units work well in Tasmania as it has internal computer controls to monitor the ambient temperature and adjust settings to suit the surroundings. We recommend that our units operate during the day to take advantage of the warmer daytime temperature and, when present, take advantage of rooftop solar electric panels generation.

Running any heat pump at night is counter productive.

The Federal Government enforces manufacturers to test all equipment in the diverse climates of Australia and as such the iStore actually attracts a higher government incentive in the colder areas as greater savings are realised in colder climates.

Please feel free to call us on 1300 552 619 to discuss you individual needs.

Thankyou

Pam
Pam · Hot Water Heat Pump

Plenty of reviews for newly purchased models. Has anyone had theirs for longer that 2 years. I note that the warranty is only for 2 years.

iStore   DM

Hi Pam, Our warranty is 5-years on the tank including parts and labour, 2 years warranty on refrigeration and electrical. Feel free to give us a call on 1300 264 823 if you would like to chat about the iStore further.

Get an answer from our members and iStore representatives

Select a listing for your question
iStore Hot Water Heat Pump

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

iStore Hot Water Heat Pump is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022 and 2021. Learn more