Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 3 of 6)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Features
Gerard
GerardSydney Surrounds, NSW

Strong, reliable,capable.

You can feel the strength of the truck when you drive it. While driving it you realise just how reliable it is , and , won't give you troublesome motoring. With a 3.5 tonne towing capacity, it shows you how capable it really is.

Not a bad truck, but the service is beyond sub-standard

Date PurchasedOct 2014
tccack
tccackAdelaide

Great ute. Very economical and capable of tough tasks

My vehicle has the Pedders GVM upgrade which does result in some rigidity in the ride when empty. However when loaded to capacity, this vehicle doesnt miss a beat. Very stable. Full loading barely affects fuel economy either which was a pleasant surprise. 800km from a tank of diesel is no problem. Very reliable versus Ranger and much better value for money than Hilux. Great farm ute overall and highly recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

The Woz Review
The Woz ReviewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Filter Price Discrepancy

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Neil.W59South East Queensland, QLD

A solid performer - strength not flashy

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Beck
BeckRichmond-Tweed, NSW

The best 4WD & family vehicle

Beautiful car to drive, handles the road smoothly not bumpy at all like other 4WD's. Interior is nice and simple in a charcoal, comfy seats, it's a pity the back seat isn't a splitting seat as it would make putting car seats in a lot easier. Very reliable car, a full tank of diesel gets us about 850 kilometres we do a lot of highway driving. She handles off road like a dream, beach driving was very smooth.

BadgeLS-M

Drive0
Ken
KenRobinvale

Fantastic

Have now had my D-Max for just over twelve months, have towed our navigator camper for a few 000km in that time and have been rapped with it, great fuel economy, tows like the van is only a very light trailer not the 1.7 Tonne that it is. Have had it in 4 x 4 mode a few times and it has done every thing that we have asked of it.

BadgeLS-U
Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hazadad
HazadadSouth East Queensland, QLD

By far the best ute I have had

BadgeLS-T
Date PurchasedApr 2015

John
JohnKurrajong

Problem with radio reception

After sale service from dealer and head office was appalling no one ever returns a call .After i had the problem fixed by a radio specalist and gave the dealer the bill they sent it to head office who refused to pay .After 4 x radios and 3 x areials the service manager paid the bill but i had to fight to get a warranty problem fixed and paid for .Not very happy with dealer or head office.

BadgeLS High Ride

BadgeEX
Date PurchasedJune 2015
Vince05
Vince05South Yarra

After service is terrible including head office

Purchased a new dmax, and within 2 months the dealer closed shop at city Isuzu. Had issue with the bars on the vehicle and have been trying to resolve the issue for months. Head office in QLD was just Terrible. Considering we have a fleet of these at work we will never be purchasing again!!!

DriveRWD

Very reliable. Does what it says it will do..

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Yablett
YablettAU

Love the D Max.

This is the second Isuzu LS-M D max that we have bought and could not be happier. The power is ample and the towing with our 2.9 tonne van is carefree and safe.
We have averaged 12.4 ltr/100klms over the 20,000 klms that we have travelled since purchasing the vehicle in December 2015.
The interior is adequate and is easy to keep clean with the vinyl floor and the dashboard is workable an easy to read.
Keep up the good work.

BadgeLS-M
Date PurchasedDec 2015

IT'S REALLY A LUCKY DIP

Date PurchasedJune 2012

Ray
RayAthelstone

Fuel gauge/ range estimator

Have a show special 2016 d max which when 1/4 full of fuel leaps around giving a range of 210 to 150 to 200 then low fuel etc., all in the space of a few Kms at steady speed,gauge also goes off the screen, then reappears.
Isuzu not helpful dealer trying hard to get reason, other owners I have spoken to have not had the problem, even 2 dealers unaware.
Isuzu state can only fix if a problem, their correspondence is woeful.
Hesitant to get uhf, reversing camera fitted and draws/ sliders fitted in rear until resolved.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Ewan32
Ewan32AU

Great Ute, Love it

Have done 10,000Km. No hassles great ute to drive on long trips, comfortable ride, fuel varies from 8 to 9.5L/100km. Plenty of leg room, could easily fit 3 kids Seats in the back. Dislikes, the side mirrors make objects look soooo far away I don't see cars sneaking up behind me, also needs mudguards at the front of the rear tyres as they throw mud onto the side steps. Overall just love this ute so much I convinced my parents to buy the M-UX which they enjoy as well. I don't know of any real bad points to say about it. Would definitely recommend to anyone, family, tradie, farmer.

Very poor hand brake.

Probably the worse hand brake I've ever looked at. Parked on my drive which is a 1-4 slope. Sat there for about 4 mins and then ran away hitting my house. Narrowly missing one of my boys. Isuzu and dealer washing there hands with it saying it driver error not putting hand brake on properly. The rachet and pawl in them is very poorly designed. If the rest are like it it's only time before someone gets killed. Don't let it be your kids.

BadgeEX Farm Mate
Date PurchasedJune 2016

2015 D max . Would not buy or recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Bobsky
BobskyMid North Coast, NSW

Great vehicle and well built.

CabSpace Cab
Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Drive4WD

Destroyed our lives, frustrating vehicle and company

BadgeX-Runner
MrRodeoAU

Why would you buy anything else!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
swampyroQueensland

1st Ute terrible, second Ute Great.

swampyro

Bilstien suspension recommended &fittedby Dale at Ballarat Driveline has transformed a perambulator

BadgeLS-Terrain
Drive4WD

No problems what so ever, towed 22ft caravan no problems, great fuel economy, turbo diesel, great d

Look after the vehicle and it will serve you well, never any problems except we sold it.. Great salesman in Shane at Harrison Isuzu Ute, Melton. SHANE ALWAYS LOOKS AFTER Us. Thankyou Harrison Isuzu, a great representative. Nonw we went back to you and you have given us a great deal on a 7 seater MUX Isuzu, diesel, great leg room for everyone. So happy we went back n got a grest deal on an Isuzu Ute for hubby, both tow up to 3 ton, all good n turbo diesal a good engine, thankyou Harrison Isuzu, Melton. N,, salesman Shane.