Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 4 of 6)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Features
Richie
Richieperth

Crap company! Crap car!!

I convinced 2 mates to buy a dmax after I bought one. And 2 of us have the same shudder in the automatic gear box. Mine started at about 20 to 30 000 hour s at 5000. Isuzu wiping its hands of it. The dealer is doing the same. I have got independent analysis from a gearbox specialist to fix with a cost of $6000.00. Pathetic company and pathetic service. I recommend you stay clear.

Timmy2Dogs
Timmy2DogsSouth East Queensland, QLD

2013 Dual Cab LSM ... Awesome vehicle - should have bought one sooner

Chappo
ChappoRutherford

Big mistake, buy something else.

Gearbox issues from new. Gearbox notchy and noisy. Changed oil and it was full of metal Rebuilt the box, got the car back and it was worse. Eventually got a new gearbox, got treated by servicing department like I was the problem. New gearbox got noisy, sold the car after just 1 year lost $12,000, good riddance.

2015 xrunner

Had our 15 xrunner for 14000kms and my wife and myself love it. Suspension bit bumpy but it is a ute with no weight in the back. As it gets older have noticed fuel economy getting better, tows well, sat nav good, stereo could be better, rear camera good, good on the beach.

BadgeX-Runner
BodyCab Chassis
Rob
RobMandurah

Good Mechanically . Poor paint Quality . Sub - Standard Seats

Great Drive . Good Towing . Completely let down by the drivers seat falling apart after less than two years .
Dealer and customer complaints department not interested , claiming it is not a warrenty issue but due to Ware & Tare . How can that be on a ute that is not even a Tradies vehicle

BadgeLS High Ride

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Yablett
YablettAU

Great car. My second D max

I have found that the driving experience is even better than the 2011 model and a much better ride.
We will be heading off soon towing our 23' caravan and will try out the auto and the springs on the long road to Mt.Isa and beyond.
It will be a joy to get going again.

BadgeLS High Ride

Tuff 2014 Isuzu dmax x runner ute

I have owned my dmax x runner manuel for a year now with only 16000 ks so far to good being in the trucking industrie everyone knows Isuzu build good trucks and have been for decades I have driven navaras hiluxes patrols and landcruisers but I went with isuzu cause of the history best ute I have ever bought I haven't had any problems will be a keeper till I go

BadgeX-Runner
Tez
TezVictoria

Great, should have bought one ages ago

Vehicle handles very well, has good leg room front and back and is extremely economical. We have travelled 6,000 ks over the last two months and it has not missed a beat. The D-Max has been bought for towing a caravan and we cannot wait to hit the road on one our adventures.

Charlie
CharlieSydney

Great ute

G'Banger
G'Bangerwhyalla, sa

An absolute GEM.

Done 28000 kms, towed tandem trailer from Whyalla to Qld twice. Great fuel economy, comfort, no rattles or problems. Will be towing a c'van starting 2016 and i reckon will cruise with confidence with the choice. Will change tyres before setting out on the hwy. Thank you Pt Augusta Isuzu, great team you guys/gals are.

BodyCab Chassis
CabSpace Cab

2013 LS-M dual cab. Wouldn't buy another one

CabDual Cab

Not impressed with its lack of guts.

BadgeSX 5 speed manual
DriveRWD
DHAuckland

Good but depends what you are wanting it for

BadgeLS-Terrain
addo
addotamworth

My d-max

2012 model lsm twin cab ute, bought new feb 2013, I don' believe any other brand of ute could be any better than this one, we have been all over oz towing 16ft poptop and there is no way any other ute could do the job as good as this one, 15,000k las trip with a lot of weight on van and ute for 11.3lt 100k, very comfortable and smooth. Love it! Due for new ute next year and it will be another d-max, wouldn't consider anything else, bought it from Gilbert and roach at hunting dale, they were great to deal with and I'll get the next on there, it's very satisfying to to purchase something which is great value for money.

Hunter316
Hunter316

80k update

- These come with marvellous engines with oil leaks from factory showroom. Common rear main seal leaks, sump seal and noise from gear box without clutch in.
- The drive train CV joints are prone to breaking if you take it offroad.
- rattles all throughout car
- paint work is thin and rust spots when car got delivered after my money was taken.

Since owning this car and putting 60k on it since the problems were fixed, it has proven itself to me. Currently at 80k and car feels like it's only getting better.

Turn off traction control and fit a rear locker and it'll get you there.

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedSept 2016

2012 Isuzu D-Max

rob
rob
Paul B
Paul BBrisbane

Absolutley love it !

I love my D- Max . It now has 50k on the clock. Average consumption is at 8.2l/100k.. As an off road vechile this is perfect for the family when we go camping.. I also tow my heavy fibreglass boat at almost 2tonne and I have to remind myself there is a boat on the back when on the highway.. Just love it.. Has that mix of a truck like feel with comfort which suits me perfectly. Not to mention I just love the shape and look with the chrome grill!

Body0
steve
steveKimberley, WA

10k Replacement LS-M

This 2014 model has now got digital press button dash display...pain in the [censor word removed]. 09 model was easy and effective to change. How does "Elapse time" help me drive? new model has steel rim as spare so now unless I replace it with an alloy, I cannot rotate it every 10k to maintain even tyre wear among all 5 wheels. No rear speakers in the doors even though the ports are there!!!! Dust ingress is more evident around doors.
Gear box VERY notchy from 1st to 2nd gear, most times crunches. Must make low rev change very smooth and carefully.
I will not speak kindly to others considering a D-Max. Was very happy with 09 model........why did they mess with it?
aesthetics
Poor warranty backup

AnsiMt. Gambier

Cant wait!!!

Just signed up for a new Dmax space cab auto! Wanted a red one, there is one on the boat so need to wait 6/7 weeks. Traded my 2012 Triton which, while being a reliable vehicle, is thirstier than a camel at a waterhole. 11/12 L/100k's sitting on 105KPH on the highway. I am SO looking forward to the fuel savings!!!! Will update as I go.

BadgeSX
CabSpace Cab
Ansi

Taking delivery this coming Monday. Any tips on the running in procedure?

cheap to run

BadgeSX High Ride
Rob Hughes
Rob HughesOatley

What a great ute!

I have now driven almost 14,000 km in my new D-max Ute. It is comfortable, roomy, powerful and relatively light on fuel. At the first service, the dealership at Sutherland Isuzu was friendly and most professional. I've taken it into some challenging situations in the Vic High Country, where it has proved to be an outstanding performer.

BodyDual cab ute
Date PurchasedAug 2014
Alan M
Alan MNarooma, New South Wales

Fantastic 4x4

After the death of my Defender decided to buy new. Have always liked the reliability of Isuzu motors. Bought a 2014 LS-M manual dual cab. $15K off list price as it was a 200km demo. What a great ride. Plenty of room in the cabin. Comfortable seats with heaps of leg room. So far I have been impressed with it off road, even with it's so called All Terrain Bridgestone tyres. Towing is a breeze. Towed a 1.2 tonne dual axle trailer 800kms. Hardly knew it was there. It achieves excellent fuel economy with little stress from the engine. Only gripes: key in ignition warning and seat belt warning. Apart from that a solid vehicle. New tyres and a suspension lift and it will be ready for the great off road.

DriveRWD

Great Ute Awful Radio

BadgeLS-Terrain

Automatic locking restraints

We love our D-Max... Except for the automatic locking restraint on front passenger seatbelt. VERY annoying & time-consuming having to stop every few kms to unlock it... That's the only solution at this stage! Children under 12 are not advised to ride in front seat with airbags fitted... So why have ALR's? If no solution can be found, we will be looking at selling as we want to travel around Australia & it will take long time having to stop & release seatbelt.

Mirrors on D Max

Clearview brand mirrors that replace originals are available and are brilliant and have a convex and flat mirror that can extend for towing. I think they also have the blinker light in them as well. Unfortunately they are expensive at $750 plus and more if fitting if required but are far cheaper than originals if you break one. Spare parts are available.
They are slightly bigger than the original equipment but that is to your advantage and don't vibrate even when fully extended for towing.