Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Zipbmx
ZipbmxRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Better off buying a 90s model commodore

I have owned my dmax just over two years (2015 model)
Worst purchase I have ever bought. A salute lemon. All components are garbage.
The aireil above the windscreen snapped off when washing the car. The front grill plate fell off after around a year. The metallic paint has absolutely no primer underneath therefore the car rusts when you have a minor scratch. The driver site seat is already ripped just from climbing in and out of the ute.
Would not recommend this ute in any way. I don’t even know how I can get rid of it...

BadgeLS-T

Date PurchasedSept 2016
hawky73
hawky73COOKTOWN

Blown head at 47000 kms

Car appears to have blown a head gasket at 47000km. Whilst returning from a family holiday. We were stranded at Airlie Beach with no after sales back-up. It has now been two weeks, having just returned from Airlie by hire car, which I was forced to return from Cooktown, over 1000km. The vehicle has not even been dismantled for a proper diagnosis. I still have no vehicle for work as a self-employed electrician. I have always kept up to date with my services with approved Isuzu dealers.

BadgeLS-T
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Vince05
Vince05South Yarra

After service is terrible including head office

Purchased a new dmax, and within 2 months the dealer closed shop at city Isuzu. Had issue with the bars on the vehicle and have been trying to resolve the issue for months. Head office in QLD was just Terrible. Considering we have a fleet of these at work we will never be purchasing again!!!

BadgeSX High Ride
CabSingle Cab
Date PurchasedMar 2016
DriveRWD

Very poor hand brake.

Probably the worse hand brake I've ever looked at. Parked on my drive which is a 1-4 slope. Sat there for about 4 mins and then ran away hitting my house. Narrowly missing one of my boys. Isuzu and dealer washing there hands with it saying it driver error not putting hand brake on properly. The rachet and pawl in them is very poorly designed. If the rest are like it it's only time before someone gets killed. Don't let it be your kids.

BadgeEX Farm Mate
Date PurchasedJune 2016

2015 D max . Would not buy or recommend

BadgeSX
CabSingle Cab
Date PurchasedOct 2015
DriveRWD

Destroyed our lives, frustrating vehicle and company

BadgeX-Runner

Richie
Richieperth

Crap company! Crap car!!

I convinced 2 mates to buy a dmax after I bought one. And 2 of us have the same shudder in the automatic gear box. Mine started at about 20 to 30 000 hour s at 5000. Isuzu wiping its hands of it. The dealer is doing the same. I have got independent analysis from a gearbox specialist to fix with a cost of $6000.00. Pathetic company and pathetic service. I recommend you stay clear.

BadgeLS-U
MattMid North Coast, NSW

Poor waranty

BadgeLS-U
Matt

Traded car in, will never ever deal with IUA again, and Taree Isuzu dealer was no help as the selling dealer. so they lost me as well. got the new car from newy

dado
dadoMelbourne

Rust bucket

Got my D-Max X-Runner brand new.
Two weeks after discover fair bit of rust all trough the chassis and engine. Contact the Isuzu Ute Australia head office and after few days got the email saying that they will replace the turbo assembly, exhaust and gasket... and in they Goodwill treat the rust on the chassis. Warranty doesn't cover rust so it's there's goodwill to treat it.
How good is this for a brand new vehicle.

BadgeX-Runner
JimboPerth, WA

Bad warranty experience

Car was delivered in unroadworthy condition and was not fixed for 4 weeks, no loan car or compensation offered on it.

November 17th 2014 Update:
Every weld on the chassis has broken out in rust within a week of purchase.
I covered it in black kill rust gloss, goodness knows what the inside of the frame is like.

July 21st 2017 Update: Lemon

Clutch dramas, windscreen washer dramas, fan switch dramas, It never ends, Isuzu ute Australia are very hard to deal with for warranty work, they will do any thing not to pay a claim. Even when it is clearly obvious it is a warranty problem and they take forever to send out parts from Brisbane warehouse.

Jimbo

Just had a new clutch at 10K, manufacturing defect.

Jimbo

Clutch gone for second time, first replaced under warranty, will they give me another one??

Jimbo

Another clutch after 4000 km !

Sandy
SandyMaleny

Seatbelt webbing shredding

I have a D-Max single cab ute changed to this after many years as a Hilux lover, only changed because heard of issues with new Hiluxes. The main issue is with the seatbelt webbing coming apart have old Hiluxes, Holdens and an Isuzu truck and have never had this issue with any of them.

Not happy

I have a 2013 LS-M it's 3 months old and it's been the biggest headache.
Since day one it hasn't driven right I have taken it to the dealer over 10 times they recon theres nothing wrong with it. Run ruff brakes don't operate properly it feels it's in and out of four wheel drive. Dash is faulty, I've advised by independent mechanic it's unsafe to drives. Brake lock up and the list goes on there customer service is bad. It has cost me over $20,000 lost of time from work and privet mechanics reports and still no help from Isuzu so I've gona take it further till I get the result I want.
the shape

BadgeLS-M
jhany
jhany

waw !!!! i am going to test drive one tomorrow you just turned me of it

Gudge asked

Is the 2016 Dmax a great 4x4

tdock86
tdock86

Bit too broad of a question sorry Gudge. Depends on what your comparing it with and what your using it for. The clearance isn’t great, the only traction aids off road are a terrible outdated traction control system. No rear limited slip differential or locking diffs. Reliable engine but probably the least torque (380Nm) of its class for the year. I’ve owned a 2017 (430Nm) since new, modified the hell out of it (diff locks, canopy etc) taken a lot of places including NSW, NT but mostly VIC high country and I wouldn’t go near Isuzu again. Poor build quality, average performance for premium price and disgusting customer service if anything goes pear shaped. Reliable engine though so they say

Thanks ill stay way

Graham C.
Graham C.asked

What does a new auto cost for a 2015 Isuzu dmax 4x4

Teddy T.
Teddy T.asked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

The rear differential has failed again for the second time is this a problem when towing heavy loads I use my D-max for work daily towing a concrete pump

See all Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) questions

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

Compare all 11 Isuzu D-MAX