Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features
Nick S
Nick SHunter Region, NSW

Quite disappointing for a 2016 vehicle.

Purchased in June 2018 at Isuzu Mebourne for $40,000.00.

Chappo
ChappoRutherford

Big mistake, buy something else.

Gearbox issues from new. Gearbox notchy and noisy. Changed oil and it was full of metal Rebuilt the box, got the car back and it was worse. Eventually got a new gearbox, got treated by servicing department like I was the problem. New gearbox got noisy, sold the car after just 1 year lost $12,000, good riddance.

BadgeLS-U

BodyUte
CabDual Cab
Utes

Find out how Isuzu D-MAX RC.I compares to other Utes

Not impressed with its lack of guts.

BadgeSX 5 speed manual
DriveRWD
Paul Prz
Paul PrzMoonta SA

Isuzu D-Max 2013

Bought an Isuzu D-Max SX demo, it's a good car but the seats are very uncomfortable!!! We travelled for 4 hours on our first trip after purchasing it and both had back pain! Have complained to Isuzu who said the seats were the same throughout the fleet and can't be changed, so it looks like we are going to have to get aftermarket seats installed at a cost of approx. $3000 for both seats, we found this very disappointing especially for a near new vehicle.

TransmissionAutomatic

2013 Isuzu D-Max SX crew cab chassis

BadgeSX
Erin80
Erin80Tas

2012 Isuzu D-MAX LSU Space Cab (new model)

BadgeLS-U
JBJARROD
JBJARROD
dizzy
dizzy
Display Name
Display Name

Speedo being out conforms with the ADR for speedos. Take it up with them. Most new vehicles do not have an accurate speedo.

Gudge asked

Is the 2016 Dmax a great 4x4

tdock86
tdock86

Bit too broad of a question sorry Gudge. Depends on what your comparing it with and what your using it for. The clearance isn’t great, the only traction aids off road are a terrible outdated traction control system. No rear limited slip differential or locking diffs. Reliable engine but probably the least torque (380Nm) of its class for the year. I’ve owned a 2017 (430Nm) since new, modified the hell out of it (diff locks, canopy etc) taken a lot of places including NSW, NT but mostly VIC high country and I wouldn’t go near Isuzu again. Poor build quality, average performance for premium price and disgusting customer service if anything goes pear shaped. Reliable engine though so they say

Thanks ill stay way

Graham C.
Graham C.asked

What does a new auto cost for a 2015 Isuzu dmax 4x4

Teddy T.
Teddy T.asked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

The rear differential has failed again for the second time is this a problem when towing heavy loads I use my D-max for work daily towing a concrete pump

See all Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) questions

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

Compare all 11 Isuzu D-MAX