Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features
Sam L.
Sam L.Sydney

It's got its good points and not so good

Purchased in April 2016 at Isuzu Dealers for $40,000.00.

Dave C
Dave CPerth, WA

Is the D-Max a genuine tradesman type vehicle

Purchased in March 2016 for $40,000.00.

allan
allanwarragul, vic, 3820

Isuzu canopy

the Isuzu canopy is no good , after 3 years the side glass on the r h side of lift up window started to come out of holder, Isuzu would not fix it as canopy is warranted for 3 years or 100,000 km, the repairer told me the frame is buckled and needed a new one. so I will have to keep window closed.not good enough when vehicle is 5 years warranty ,I had it back to Isuzu a few times to stop it leaking .

BadgeLS-U

RUST AND GEARBOX PROBLEM

CabSingle Cab
Date PurchasedMar 2013

Seatbelts Crap

Seatbelts lock when you lean forward, pick something up from the floor or go to adjust the mirror. Isuzu says it's a safety feature but as an end user I say safety issue. You have to stop and undo the belt and let it retract right back before putting it back on and its illegal to stop on a motorway. IDIOTS!!!!! Had other issues but can dealt with those as things that just happen!

BadgeLS-T
Date PurchasedNov 2012

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Not a bad truck, but the service is beyond sub-standard

CabSingle Cab

BadgeEX
CabCrew Cab
Date PurchasedJune 2015
swampyroQueensland

1st Ute terrible, second Ute Great.

BadgeSX

Rob
RobMandurah

Good Mechanically . Poor paint Quality . Sub - Standard Seats

Great Drive . Good Towing . Completely let down by the drivers seat falling apart after less than two years .
Dealer and customer complaints department not interested , claiming it is not a warrenty issue but due to Ware & Tare . How can that be on a ute that is not even a Tradies vehicle

BadgeLS High Ride
steve
steveKimberley, WA

10k Replacement LS-M

This 2014 model has now got digital press button dash display...pain in the [censor word removed]. 09 model was easy and effective to change. How does "Elapse time" help me drive? new model has steel rim as spare so now unless I replace it with an alloy, I cannot rotate it every 10k to maintain even tyre wear among all 5 wheels. No rear speakers in the doors even though the ports are there!!!! Dust ingress is more evident around doors.
Gear box VERY notchy from 1st to 2nd gear, most times crunches. Must make low rev change very smooth and carefully.
I will not speak kindly to others considering a D-Max. Was very happy with 09 model........why did they mess with it?
aesthetics

2013 SX Space Cab auto cab chassis 4wd

BadgeSX
CabCab Chassis
TransmissionAutomatic

Front passenger seat belt locking

Front passenger seat belt locks up you cant lean forward to get drink from holder you go over a bump it gets tighter. You have to unclip let it all the way back in and then do it up. Not happy big safety issue.
Who was the bright spark that got that idea through development and into the D-Max!!!

Should have bought 2 Great Walls !!

Paddy
PaddyNaracoorte, South Australia

Not so tough D-Max

I bought the ute new in January and it's now done 20,000km. It drives better then my car and is comfy on long trips. Truthfully I wouldn't buy another one or recommend one to someone planning on doing a fair bit of four wheel driving, as a trader ute or tow vehicle I would.
Fuel economy, comfort.
On third alternator, diff had problem, not very capable off road, not tough enough off road

Gudge asked

Is the 2016 Dmax a great 4x4

tdock86
tdock86

Bit too broad of a question sorry Gudge. Depends on what your comparing it with and what your using it for. The clearance isn’t great, the only traction aids off road are a terrible outdated traction control system. No rear limited slip differential or locking diffs. Reliable engine but probably the least torque (380Nm) of its class for the year. I’ve owned a 2017 (430Nm) since new, modified the hell out of it (diff locks, canopy etc) taken a lot of places including NSW, NT but mostly VIC high country and I wouldn’t go near Isuzu again. Poor build quality, average performance for premium price and disgusting customer service if anything goes pear shaped. Reliable engine though so they say

Thanks ill stay way

Graham C.
Graham C.asked

What does a new auto cost for a 2015 Isuzu dmax 4x4

Teddy T.
Teddy T.asked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

The rear differential has failed again for the second time is this a problem when towing heavy loads I use my D-max for work daily towing a concrete pump

See all Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) questions

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

Compare all 11 Isuzu D-MAX