Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

Sammy AAdelaide

Amazing Car

Performance is great
Handling is easy
Noise is minimal for a diesel
Received free dash mats so the dashboard is good, has touch screen and phone connectivity.
large amount of leg room in both front and back.
Very reliable and havent had an issue since the day we brought it.

jason
jasonBelconnen 2615, ACT

Should have bought one years ago

Brought a lsu crew cab about 12 months ago and love it handles great tows great has great fuel economy when towing our 2.5 camper on and off road . Have owned 5 different land cruisers over the years and wish I had brought a dmax earlier a very good car for the family or work

BadgeLS-U

oldgrey
oldgreyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

i would buy another one

good on open road- a handful in coles carpark. tis a bit noisier than i expected.
comfortable seating- good vision
fuel economy is great
comes with 17 inch alloy road wheels and 16 inch steel spare!!- 4 highway terrain and 1 all terrain
key is very sensitive- can unlock car with key in pocket

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Bianca
BiancaSouthern and Hills, SA

Amazing Car!!

Car drives well! My wife can even drive it (and she couldnt drive manual before this car!) Handles well and drives smooth, one tank lasts a long time as well! Great family car, my little one fits comfortably in the back and loves being able to look out the windows!

TonyL
TonyLCOFFS HARBOUR

Reliabilty Plus

I have put this vehicle thru heaps, travelled the Cape, Camerons Corner, Tassie back blocks and got over BIG RED first attempt.
On the bitumen and absolute pleasure to drive.
My only reservation, not a negative but suspension a little rigid for passenger comfort..
However 9.5 out of 10

Bryan
BryanBallarat

Love my D-Max

We went to have a look at the Isuzu because we needed something better to tow our caravan with, we only went to look, and we came home with a new D-Max, we fell in love with the X-Runner as soon as we saw it. It tows our caravan beautifully, has everything we want, really quiet inside, and really economical. Really good purchase price.

BadgeX-Runner
Date PurchasedMar 2017
hawky73
hawky73COOKTOWN

Blown head at 47000 kms

Car appears to have blown a head gasket at 47000km. Whilst returning from a family holiday. We were stranded at Airlie Beach with no after sales back-up. It has now been two weeks, having just returned from Airlie by hire car, which I was forced to return from Cooktown, over 1000km. The vehicle has not even been dismantled for a proper diagnosis. I still have no vehicle for work as a self-employed electrician. I have always kept up to date with my services with approved Isuzu dealers.

BadgeLS-T
Date PurchasedMar 2015
Drive4WD

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Norman Spencer
Norman SpencerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

It's the best Tug I have had

After getting rid of a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (that could not pull pussy up a hill) and purchasing the new LS-T Isuzu D Max 4 Door Ute,it was the best move I have ever made. I have traveled over the state of Tasmania and it hasn't missed a beat. I don't even know the van is behind me. We started in QLD and come down through NSW and VIC on our trip.

BadgeLS-Terrain
Date PurchasedJan 2016

Kim
Kim

Excellent on and off road

Excellent vehicle, can't fault. It is also excellent on and off road. We have the automatic transmission and I would recommend a oil cooler for towing with an automatic of any vehicle brand. This vehicle has been up to Kalumburu and back without any problems (can't say the same with the Kimberley Kamper) Would purchase again.

BadgeNot sure

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedNov 2016
Gustaph
GustaphSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very comfortable and fantastic to drive. Love it!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

tccack
tccackAdelaide

Great ute. Very economical and capable of tough tasks

My vehicle has the Pedders GVM upgrade which does result in some rigidity in the ride when empty. However when loaded to capacity, this vehicle doesnt miss a beat. Very stable. Full loading barely affects fuel economy either which was a pleasant surprise. 800km from a tank of diesel is no problem. Very reliable versus Ranger and much better value for money than Hilux. Great farm ute overall and highly recommended.

Beck
BeckRichmond-Tweed, NSW

The best 4WD & family vehicle

Beautiful car to drive, handles the road smoothly not bumpy at all like other 4WD's. Interior is nice and simple in a charcoal, comfy seats, it's a pity the back seat isn't a splitting seat as it would make putting car seats in a lot easier. Very reliable car, a full tank of diesel gets us about 850 kilometres we do a lot of highway driving. She handles off road like a dream, beach driving was very smooth.

Hazadad
HazadadSouth East Queensland, QLD

By far the best ute I have had

BadgeLS-T
Date PurchasedApr 2015
John
JohnKurrajong

Problem with radio reception

After sale service from dealer and head office was appalling no one ever returns a call .After i had the problem fixed by a radio specalist and gave the dealer the bill they sent it to head office who refused to pay .After 4 x radios and 3 x areials the service manager paid the bill but i had to fight to get a warranty problem fixed and paid for .Not very happy with dealer or head office.

BadgeLS High Ride
Vince05
Vince05South Yarra

After service is terrible including head office

Purchased a new dmax, and within 2 months the dealer closed shop at city Isuzu. Had issue with the bars on the vehicle and have been trying to resolve the issue for months. Head office in QLD was just Terrible. Considering we have a fleet of these at work we will never be purchasing again!!!

DriveRWD

Very reliable. Does what it says it will do..

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Yablett
YablettAU

Love the D Max.

This is the second Isuzu LS-M D max that we have bought and could not be happier. The power is ample and the towing with our 2.9 tonne van is carefree and safe.
We have averaged 12.4 ltr/100klms over the 20,000 klms that we have travelled since purchasing the vehicle in December 2015.
The interior is adequate and is easy to keep clean with the vinyl floor and the dashboard is workable an easy to read.
Keep up the good work.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Ewan32
Ewan32AU

Great Ute, Love it

Have done 10,000Km. No hassles great ute to drive on long trips, comfortable ride, fuel varies from 8 to 9.5L/100km. Plenty of leg room, could easily fit 3 kids Seats in the back. Dislikes, the side mirrors make objects look soooo far away I don't see cars sneaking up behind me, also needs mudguards at the front of the rear tyres as they throw mud onto the side steps. Overall just love this ute so much I convinced my parents to buy the M-UX which they enjoy as well. I don't know of any real bad points to say about it. Would definitely recommend to anyone, family, tradie, farmer.

Very poor hand brake.

Probably the worse hand brake I've ever looked at. Parked on my drive which is a 1-4 slope. Sat there for about 4 mins and then ran away hitting my house. Narrowly missing one of my boys. Isuzu and dealer washing there hands with it saying it driver error not putting hand brake on properly. The rachet and pawl in them is very poorly designed. If the rest are like it it's only time before someone gets killed. Don't let it be your kids.

BadgeEX Farm Mate

2015 D max . Would not buy or recommend

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedOct 2015
DriveRWD

Destroyed our lives, frustrating vehicle and company

BadgeX-Runner
MrRodeoAU

Why would you buy anything else!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Richie
Richieperth

Crap company! Crap car!!

I convinced 2 mates to buy a dmax after I bought one. And 2 of us have the same shudder in the automatic gear box. Mine started at about 20 to 30 000 hour s at 5000. Isuzu wiping its hands of it. The dealer is doing the same. I have got independent analysis from a gearbox specialist to fix with a cost of $6000.00. Pathetic company and pathetic service. I recommend you stay clear.

BadgeLS-U