Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

2015 xrunner

Had our 15 xrunner for 14000kms and my wife and myself love it. Suspension bit bumpy but it is a ute with no weight in the back. As it gets older have noticed fuel economy getting better, tows well, sat nav good, stereo could be better, rear camera good, good on the beach.

BodyCab Chassis

Tuff 2014 Isuzu dmax x runner ute

I have owned my dmax x runner manuel for a year now with only 16000 ks so far to good being in the trucking industrie everyone knows Isuzu build good trucks and have been for decades I have driven navaras hiluxes patrols and landcruisers but I went with isuzu cause of the history best ute I have ever bought I haven't had any problems will be a keeper till I go

Tez
TezVictoria

Great, should have bought one ages ago

Vehicle handles very well, has good leg room front and back and is extremely economical. We have travelled 6,000 ks over the last two months and it has not missed a beat. The D-Max has been bought for towing a caravan and we cannot wait to hit the road on one our adventures.

G'Banger
G'Bangerwhyalla, sa

An absolute GEM.

Done 28000 kms, towed tandem trailer from Whyalla to Qld twice. Great fuel economy, comfort, no rattles or problems. Will be towing a c'van starting 2016 and i reckon will cruise with confidence with the choice. Will change tyres before setting out on the hwy. Thank you Pt Augusta Isuzu, great team you guys/gals are.

BodyCab Chassis
CabSpace Cab

addo
addotamworth

My d-max

2012 model lsm twin cab ute, bought new feb 2013, I don' believe any other brand of ute could be any better than this one, we have been all over oz towing 16ft poptop and there is no way any other ute could do the job as good as this one, 15,000k las trip with a lot of weight on van and ute for 11.3lt 100k, very comfortable and smooth. Love it! Due for new ute next year and it will be another d-max, wouldn't consider anything else, bought it from Gilbert and roach at hunting dale, they were great to deal with and I'll get the next on there, it's very satisfying to to purchase something which is great value for money.

2012 Isuzu D-Max

rob
rob
Paul B
Paul BBrisbane

Absolutley love it !

I love my D- Max . It now has 50k on the clock. Average consumption is at 8.2l/100k.. As an off road vechile this is perfect for the family when we go camping.. I also tow my heavy fibreglass boat at almost 2tonne and I have to remind myself there is a boat on the back when on the highway.. Just love it.. Has that mix of a truck like feel with comfort which suits me perfectly. Not to mention I just love the shape and look with the chrome grill!

Body0
TransmissionAutomatic

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
AnsiMt. Gambier

Cant wait!!!

Just signed up for a new Dmax space cab auto! Wanted a red one, there is one on the boat so need to wait 6/7 weeks. Traded my 2012 Triton which, while being a reliable vehicle, is thirstier than a camel at a waterhole. 11/12 L/100k's sitting on 105KPH on the highway. I am SO looking forward to the fuel savings!!!! Will update as I go.

BadgeSX
CabSpace Cab
Ansi

Taking delivery this coming Monday. Any tips on the running in procedure?

cheap to run

BadgeSX High Ride
CabCrew Cab

Rob Hughes
Rob HughesOatley

What a great ute!

I have now driven almost 14,000 km in my new D-max Ute. It is comfortable, roomy, powerful and relatively light on fuel. At the first service, the dealership at Sutherland Isuzu was friendly and most professional. I've taken it into some challenging situations in the Vic High Country, where it has proved to be an outstanding performer.

BodyDual cab ute
Date PurchasedAug 2014
Alan M
Alan MNarooma, New South Wales

Fantastic 4x4

After the death of my Defender decided to buy new. Have always liked the reliability of Isuzu motors. Bought a 2014 LS-M manual dual cab. $15K off list price as it was a 200km demo. What a great ride. Plenty of room in the cabin. Comfortable seats with heaps of leg room. So far I have been impressed with it off road, even with it's so called All Terrain Bridgestone tyres. Towing is a breeze. Towed a 1.2 tonne dual axle trailer 800kms. Hardly knew it was there. It achieves excellent fuel economy with little stress from the engine. Only gripes: key in ignition warning and seat belt warning. Apart from that a solid vehicle. New tyres and a suspension lift and it will be ready for the great off road.

DriveRWD

Great Ute Awful Radio

BadgeLS-Terrain

Mirrors on D Max

Clearview brand mirrors that replace originals are available and are brilliant and have a convex and flat mirror that can extend for towing. I think they also have the blinker light in them as well. Unfortunately they are expensive at $750 plus and more if fitting if required but are far cheaper than originals if you break one. Spare parts are available.
They are slightly bigger than the original equipment but that is to your advantage and don't vibrate even when fully extended for towing.

bob.eades.7
bob.eades.7South East Queensland, QLD

External Mirrors

Gary Reinhard
Gary ReinhardLittle Bay

D-Max towing and 4x4

Cheap to run

I brought 2014 Terrain. Done 20,000km without fault added nudge bar,canopy,rhino bars and regularly carries all my builders tools,ladders etc .around town getting 8.4 litres per 100k been down as low as 7.1 at 100k on highway between brissy and sunshine coast. Don't even have to change down on steep grades as the auto handles with ease. Air con with climate control work a treat. My only gripes are the speed alert interruptions on radio and the large blind spot created by driver side pillar. Oh one other annoyance is if you put a heavy load on passenger seat it sets off seatbelt alarm. I highly recommend this truck as it is a work vehicle and not as a SUV...

BadgeLS-Terrain
Sheep
Sheep

Awesome tow vehicle

This is my second D-Max having recently upgrading from the 1st generation model. We regularly tow a car trailer with a race car on the back all over QLD and NSW, we constantly achieve between 10.5-12 ltr/100km with the trailer and 7.8-8.3 ltr/100km without the trailer. If your looking for a great tow vehicle that is cheap to run you can't go past this ute. The only "must have" upgrade I would recommend is change the shock absorbers the factory ones lean to much towards soft/comfort in there valving.

Work horse

I've had all the other brands and have found the D-Max to be a real star. Sure, it's noisy and a little rough around the edges but for the prices it's in a league of it's own. I towed a 3200kg trailer from Brisbane back to Perth with an additional 500kg in the tray and was still getting 10.9 l/ 100km. How does it do that?

By the way for the sceptics, I was sitting on 100kms/hour.

Great machine but maybe for those who really understand that it's a work machine not a show pony!

MattMid North Coast, NSW

Poor waranty

Matt

Traded car in, will never ever deal with IUA again, and Taree Isuzu dealer was no help as the selling dealer. so they lost me as well. got the new car from newy

Marion
Marion

Very happy

Very happy with vehicle drives beautifully and has many extra features also sales man service and dealership very Curtis and helpful

dado
dadoMelbourne

Rust bucket

Got my D-Max X-Runner brand new.
Two weeks after discover fair bit of rust all trough the chassis and engine. Contact the Isuzu Ute Australia head office and after few days got the email saying that they will replace the turbo assembly, exhaust and gasket... and in they Goodwill treat the rust on the chassis. Warranty doesn't cover rust so it's there's goodwill to treat it.
How good is this for a brand new vehicle.

Jane S
Jane STownsville

12 months in, the D-Max continues to be brilliant!

nannycallipan
nannycallipanAU

Isuzu LSM 4x4 3 ltr turbo diesel

It's a fantastic ute. I tow a 3 ton fifth wheeler not a problem, the only gripe I have is the aerial top of windscreen .
Entered a car park the aerial must have made contact with chain on the way in got home noticed the aerial was slightly off centre tried to centre it when it snapped off in my hand had a look at centre of aerial found tiny thin bolt thread.
Went to Isuzu dealer for warranty told I must have hit something not happy.
Should be more robust than this.
Also service manual says oil change ect every 10,000 km but sticker under hood says service every 20,000 km very strange but I don't think i'd wait to 20,000 as the recommended oil isn't fully synthetic.

JimboPerth, WA

Bad warranty experience

Car was delivered in unroadworthy condition and was not fixed for 4 weeks, no loan car or compensation offered on it.

November 17th 2014 Update:
Every weld on the chassis has broken out in rust within a week of purchase.
I covered it in black kill rust gloss, goodness knows what the inside of the frame is like.

July 21st 2017 Update: Lemon

Clutch dramas, windscreen washer dramas, fan switch dramas, It never ends, Isuzu ute Australia are very hard to deal with for warranty work, they will do any thing not to pay a claim. Even when it is clearly obvious it is a warranty problem and they take forever to send out parts from Brisbane warehouse.

Jimbo

Just had a new clutch at 10K, manufacturing defect.

Jimbo

Clutch gone for second time, first replaced under warranty, will they give me another one??

Jimbo

Another clutch after 4000 km !

Sandy
SandyMaleny

Seatbelt webbing shredding

I have a D-Max single cab ute changed to this after many years as a Hilux lover, only changed because heard of issues with new Hiluxes. The main issue is with the seatbelt webbing coming apart have old Hiluxes, Holdens and an Isuzu truck and have never had this issue with any of them.