Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 4 of 4)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Features
TomPerth, WA

GREAT TOWING POWER AND FUEL ECONOMY 2014 LSM AUTO

Tom

Update to above, 1st engine oil change is not until 20k kms which is ridiculous for a new engine. Not sure of the logic there.

Michael Dopking
Michael DopkingDarling Downs, QLD

My 1st 1000kms in a 2014 LS-M Crew Cab D-Max

jason
jasonNewcastle, New South Wales

2013 D-Max extra cab manual

I have had my D-Max for around 4 months and just clicked over 12,000 kms and so far have not had a problem with it it drives smoothly and changes gears really smooth I've taken it off road several times and it's been great I get around 8L/100km the key button is the worse worse thing about it (minor issue) when my keys are in my pocket I can easily bump the button and the car will unlock but as I said minor issue.
Fuel economy, power, and smooth gear changes
Key button

TransmissionManual

Not happy

I have a 2013 LS-M it's 3 months old and it's been the biggest headache.
Since day one it hasn't driven right I have taken it to the dealer over 10 times they recon theres nothing wrong with it. Run ruff brakes don't operate properly it feels it's in and out of four wheel drive. Dash is faulty, I've advised by independent mechanic it's unsafe to drives. Brake lock up and the list goes on there customer service is bad. It has cost me over $20,000 lost of time from work and privet mechanics reports and still no help from Isuzu so I've gona take it further till I get the result I want.
the shape

jhany
jhany

waw !!!! i am going to test drive one tomorrow you just turned me of it

Utes

Find out how Isuzu D-MAX RC.I compares to other Utes

Tony WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

Glenn

I have 2010 Dmax manual same transfer case died not even in 4wd at the time, from what I have read Isuzu knows of their problems but are not willing to improve them, we truly live in a disposable society.

MW
MWSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Looking to buy, test drive so far only

We just took a D-Max LS-U for a drive and liked it except the right was very harsh on uneven road - very disappointing. We were also a little concerned that the air con was OK only - it worked but you had to run the fan on high and that added a lot to the cabin noise. Also the engine is not as quiet as the Mazda BT50.
Price. Overall feel and everything else about it
Very lumpy ride, Air con may struggle over time.

Steak face
Steak face
Glenn

I hope you have better luck with yours mine has been nothing but problems under warranty now I have to pay for repairs myself

mustangdudeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review after 18 months

JBJARROD

I highly recommend getting yourself a rubber/silicone key cover for your key. This was something that annoyed me but it was fixed by buying it a silicone cover. They are on ebay.

mustangdude

We tried a silicone cover but found it was too soft and kept coming off when you turned the key.
I might look for a better, harder cover because that certainly is a good solution.

JBJARROD

I have had my silicone one on since new, it barely moves. Maybe it needs a good clean to wipe off the oily residue maybe?? I did buy mine a couple years ago off ebay. It had the isuzu emblem cutout on the back of the key. Sorry this didn't help you.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Love it

Done 4000klms a month over the 6 months since I got my D-Max and love it love it love it. Has Power to burn, and will with easy tow the 3 ton it rated to tow. The most practical work ute, easy to use brilliant fuel economy, comfortable on long trips. Easy as to keep clean. Best investment I have ever made.
Love everything about it.

simon
simon
bernarrd
bernarrd

True,stereo is very poor

johnt57aus
johnt57ausAU

JBJARROD

Do yourself a favour and go grab a silicone key cover off ebay! Will stop the keys from being accidentally pressed in your pocket.

Utes

Find out how Isuzu D-MAX RC.I compares to other Utes

fatbob
fatbobAU

The ultimate towing machine

My wife & I have just completed a 5000k trip in a D-max towing a 3 ton caravan,travelling with my brother & sister in-law who were driving the 200 series twin turbo Landcruiser also pulling a 3 ton caravan. Well let me tell you Toyota lovers the D-Max left it for dead in both performance & fuel economy, up hills around Tumit & Mt. Kosiosco the D-Max in 3rd gear literally pushed the cruiser up the hills, fuel stops the D-Max was on average $50.00 less per every fill, I averaged approx 14lts to the 100k's as apposed to the cruiser's 22lts to the 100k's. The D-Max might look small but it's built tough & is very comfortable for a ute.
I loved the way it performed, handled & the great fuel economy

Mark

must have been something wrong with the landcruiser I reckon ,

FNQ Peter G
FNQ Peter G

Our company D-Max lives on Cape York it returns 6.9 in 4WD all the time all standard gear except bull-bar and driving lights.one tough and efficient truck.

Kerley1111
Kerley1111AU

Love my D-Max

LS-U new at the end of October. Road trip since covering 6000km. Loving it.

Comfort and reliability. Towed a boat on the road trip and achieved 10L per 100km. Not towing I am getting about 9L/100km. Fitted a Razorback Canopy and that is excellent as well.

Would recommend to my friends. Very happy.
Economy, power, reliability