Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Isuzu? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
Tony
TonyFar North Queensland, QLD

Hard to fault

Bought new just over 5 years ago and had no issues. Only taken to dealer for servicing and have no complaints. As others have said the key switches are too easy to switch accidentally and the drivers window switch goes to auto too easily (very annoying) and key in ignition with door open beeper can be annoying. Bought it for travelling and towing which does perfectly. Speak to other travellers with same car they have nothing but praise for their car also. Has 65k and still on original tyres, brakes, battery never had wheel alignment or a/c trouble. No even a flat tyre!

Purchased in November 2016 for $28,000.

Bill F
Bill FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great vehicle

I use my car to tow a 2100 kg Caravan as well as transport around town
The car gets used daily
It gets serviced normally 10000 ks however when towing get serviced every 5000 ks we have had no problems. Fuel economy around town exceptional

Purchased in March 2019 for $21,500.

Basho81
Basho81AU

Honest, Reliable 4x4

I use this Ute as my daily and also do alot of offroading in it. I bought the SX base model and then modified it. I can't think of a fault worth noting, only small issues. I have had the ute for 5 years now and have no plans on selling it for atleast another 5 years. I love it. Very reliable. Average service cost is $400. If you want fancy interiors then this Ute is not for you.

Purchased in July 2016 for $37,200.

christo
christoPerth, WA

Twin cab with canopy 2014 4wd auto SX

Bought for 27000 at about 130000kms done a couple of years ago.About 13000 cheaper than GX diesel Prado. 5spd auto 3 litre turbo diesel.Isuzu canopy .Rated 3500kgs towing but will have 1.2 tonne camper trailer Honestly use 9,2 litres per 100.I’d say between 800 to 900km range on 76 litre tank ( not towing).Very happy with it

Purchased in January 2019 for $27,000.

Marc
MarcGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wow. What a ute.

Just bought my first max. 2015 ls-u high ride 60000km.
Still looks like new inside and out. 3 lt turbo desiel drives great.
Used for work daily and towing motorbikes on the weekend.
Love it.

Purchased in October 2020 at Genesis isuzu for $29,000.

Bateup
BateupSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tough and Reliable Ute

Purchased in November 2013 at Isuzu Dealers for $38,490.

Sam L.
Sam L.Sydney

It's got its good points and not so good

Purchased in April 2016 at Isuzu Dealers for $40,000.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Ross
RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dmax Auto

Purchased in June 2014 for $48,000.

Dave C
Dave CPerth, WA

Is the D-Max a genuine tradesman type vehicle

Purchased in March 2016 for $40,000.

allan
allanwarragul, vic, 3820

Isuzu canopy

the Isuzu canopy is no good , after 3 years the side glass on the r h side of lift up window started to come out of holder, Isuzu would not fix it as canopy is warranted for 3 years or 100,000 km, the repairer told me the frame is buckled and needed a new one. so I will have to keep window closed.not good enough when vehicle is 5 years warranty ,I had it back to Isuzu a few times to stop it leaking .

BodyCab Chassis
CabCrew Cab
Date PurchasedDec 2015
Bigbadal
BigbadalGisborne

Tough

Without doubt the most genuine workhorse out there , if you want refinement get an Amarock , if you want reliability and an engine capable of 600k , D Max all the way , I had the first one 240k still on original clutch , rotors and only replaced pads once towing 3 ton regularly.

BadgeLS
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedAug 2009
DAVO
DAVOWando Bridge

Best truck on the market

These vehicles are built to last,I know of allot of farmers who had Rodeos and ran them around for 10-20 years in the paddock so to speak, with minimal problems.
The D Max is basically the same thing.I regularly tow 3 tonne trailer and its still good on fuel.
currently at 60000km after 2years .

BodyCab Chassis

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Charles
CharlesNerimbera

A great ute

WE love our d-max that we have now had for seven years. It is totally reliable and is just great and does every thing that we ask of it. The only replacement parts have been front shocks beside replacement tyres and normal servicing. We tow a tractor on a two ton trailer and it handles the job with ease.

Date PurchasedOct 2011
Alex
AlexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

When everything fails you, your D-Max won't

I bought my D-Max in October 2014 and it never failed me. With 86,000 kms on the odo, I embarked on a risky journey across Australia, moving from Adelaide to Gold Coast for work. I towed 2.5 tonnes over the 2000 kms and the D-Max did it all no fuss. Along the way, I hit three kangaroos without bullbar, however, there is barely any damage on the truck. I also picked up contaminated fuel in Cobar, but the D-Max powered through without any issues. You cannot get a more reliable vehicle.

Date PurchasedOct 2014