Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Isuzu? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
emuman_30
emuman_30AU

great vehicle

It's the best decision we have made. The D Max drives and runs like a dream. We have a Ford Ranger and a Hilux at work and would buy the D Max anyday. We have owned the cr since 2016 and have 40k on it so far, we are getting around 8.6lt per 100km.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Zipbmx
ZipbmxRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Better off buying a 90s model commodore

I have owned my dmax just over two years (2015 model)
Worst purchase I have ever bought. A salute lemon. All components are garbage.
The aireil above the windscreen snapped off when washing the car. The front grill plate fell off after around a year. The metallic paint has absolutely no primer underneath therefore the car rusts when you have a minor scratch. The driver site seat is already ripped just from climbing in and out of the ute.
Would not recommend this ute in any way. I don’t even know how I can get rid of it...

Date PurchasedAug 2015
LITTLE ACKMAN
LITTLE ACKMANWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

RUST AND GEARBOX PROBLEM

BadgeLS
CabSingle Cab
Date PurchasedMar 2013

Seatbelts Crap

Seatbelts lock when you lean forward, pick something up from the floor or go to adjust the mirror. Isuzu says it's a safety feature but as an end user I say safety issue. You have to stop and undo the belt and let it retract right back before putting it back on and its illegal to stop on a motorway. IDIOTS!!!!! Had other issues but can dealt with those as things that just happen!

Date PurchasedNov 2012

BadgeIsuzu D-Max Dual cab 4wd
Date PurchasedSept 2011
Granny G
Granny GGold Coast

Love the freedom, strength and reliability our DMax gives us!

The DMax handles well, is comfortable and practical. We find it pulls our 18 foot caravan effortlessly. It is stylish and quiet . The interior is rather basic without too many bells and whistles and the back seat is not real comfortable for long trips but it's practical easy to clean and the front seats are comfortable . The tray transports all our bits and pieces and is easy to clean. Ours has a vinyl cover which is good but at some point we would like to get a canopy. There are Isuzu dealers most places so it is easy to get services and spare parts!

Badge$29.500
Date PurchasedNov 2016
Drive4WD

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
StephenPerth, WA

Dmax will become a legend

Rob
Robaustralind

Super happy

Little more noisy than other vehicles but fuel economy is terrific compared to my Kluger. Great storage - although cup holders are way too small for most water/drink bottles. great to park, super comfortable to drive. tows 2T no problem. I would definitely buy another if they sort out cup holder issue.

Bodywagon
Cabwagon

Deedub
DeedubMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely brilliant. Love my D-Max. Towing & 4WD

I've owned a Toyota Hi-Lux & a Mitsubishi Triton - I can't say anything bad about either of them as both were great, but different in their own ways. But the D-Max has blown me away. Economy, power, feel, & reliability (this engine also has S/Steel timing chain), & I pull a 20ft caravan. Thinking capability off-road 4WD; OH YES! It's so easy to drive both on bitumen & off road. This is the only vehicle my wife has driven on its own AND also towing our van. Perhaps not just me thinking it is OK.

Date PurchasedSept 2012
Doggone
Doggone

165000 klms in four years and going strong

The Dmax does everything i ask her to do every time. I tow a 21.5ft caravan and you can't feel it. Fuel consumption is fantastic compared to its Peers and for a ute its a comfortable drive. The long range tank i had put in makes touring more of a pleasure.

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Good solid Truck

Built for work
Gets the job done
Good value for money [in NZ]
Handles fine for normal driving speeds
I'm a fisherman and my Isuzu is used for everything for towing heavy loads to family outings , always around the sea it seems to resist corrosion ok.
I think they are a good all round Truck.
They do all tasks well .

BadgeLS

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Isuzu Dmax
Isuzu DmaxAU

Love it

We love the Dmax git new in 2013 from toowoomba new we never test drove one till the day we pick the car up since then love got 87000 never had a problem with it yet pulls the camper like no tomorrow wife loves it, I have but a few thing on her since new. Would buy another one if I could or a mux go Isuzu love it and go your own way.

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Sammy A
Sammy AAdelaide

Amazing Car

Performance is great
Handling is easy
Noise is minimal for a diesel
Received free dash mats so the dashboard is good, has touch screen and phone connectivity.
large amount of leg room in both front and back.
Very reliable and havent had an issue since the day we brought it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Tim
TimCentral West, NSW

Great all round family car and oh it's a Ute too.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
jason
jasonBelconnen 2615, ACT

Should have bought one years ago

Brought a lsu crew cab about 12 months ago and love it handles great tows great has great fuel economy when towing our 2.5 camper on and off road . Have owned 5 different land cruisers over the years and wish I had brought a dmax earlier a very good car for the family or work

Date PurchasedJune 2016
oldgrey
oldgreyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

i would buy another one

good on open road- a handful in coles carpark. tis a bit noisier than i expected.
comfortable seating- good vision
fuel economy is great
comes with 17 inch alloy road wheels and 16 inch steel spare!!- 4 highway terrain and 1 all terrain
key is very sensitive- can unlock car with key in pocket

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Bianca
BiancaSouthern and Hills, SA

Amazing Car!!

Car drives well! My wife can even drive it (and she couldnt drive manual before this car!) Handles well and drives smooth, one tank lasts a long time as well! Great family car, my little one fits comfortably in the back and loves being able to look out the windows!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Saint
SaintBurnie

Solid D-Max

Very reliable, solid vehicle. Goes well off road. It has the largest room in the back and can seat 3 adults to go 3-400kms then they get a bit sore. Servicing is expensive. Controls are good, mine is a 2013 twin cab. It looks good. Don't buy off market accessories but don't work in my opinion. Good car -not sure of its resale value. I will sell it at about 85,000k and see what happens. It badly needs a reversing camera- vision is poor when reversing/parking

Date PurchasedMay 2013
TonyL
TonyLCOFFS HARBOUR

Reliabilty Plus

I have put this vehicle thru heaps, travelled the Cape, Camerons Corner, Tassie back blocks and got over BIG RED first attempt.
On the bitumen and absolute pleasure to drive.
My only reservation, not a negative but suspension a little rigid for passenger comfort..
However 9.5 out of 10

dan55522
dan55522Perth, WA

Mechanically excellent so far but interior comfort is the worst i ever seen

BadgeSX
CabSpace Cab
Date PurchasedDec 2016
Bryan
BryanBallarat

Love my D-Max

We went to have a look at the Isuzu because we needed something better to tow our caravan with, we only went to look, and we came home with a new D-Max, we fell in love with the X-Runner as soon as we saw it. It tows our caravan beautifully, has everything we want, really quiet inside, and really economical. Really good purchase price.

BadgeX-Runner
Date PurchasedMar 2017
hawky73
hawky73COOKTOWN

Blown head at 47000 kms

Car appears to have blown a head gasket at 47000km. Whilst returning from a family holiday. We were stranded at Airlie Beach with no after sales back-up. It has now been two weeks, having just returned from Airlie by hire car, which I was forced to return from Cooktown, over 1000km. The vehicle has not even been dismantled for a proper diagnosis. I still have no vehicle for work as a self-employed electrician. I have always kept up to date with my services with approved Isuzu dealers.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Norman Spencer
Norman SpencerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

It's the best Tug I have had

After getting rid of a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (that could not pull pussy up a hill) and purchasing the new LS-T Isuzu D Max 4 Door Ute,it was the best move I have ever made. I have traveled over the state of Tasmania and it hasn't missed a beat. I don't even know the van is behind me. We started in QLD and come down through NSW and VIC on our trip.

BadgeLS-Terrain