Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 3 of 5)

See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Interior Design
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Very reliable. Does what it says it will do..

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Yablett
YablettAU

Love the D Max.

This is the second Isuzu LS-M D max that we have bought and could not be happier. The power is ample and the towing with our 2.9 tonne van is carefree and safe.
We have averaged 12.4 ltr/100klms over the 20,000 klms that we have travelled since purchasing the vehicle in December 2015.
The interior is adequate and is easy to keep clean with the vinyl floor and the dashboard is workable an easy to read.
Keep up the good work.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Ewan32
Ewan32AU

Great Ute, Love it

Have done 10,000Km. No hassles great ute to drive on long trips, comfortable ride, fuel varies from 8 to 9.5L/100km. Plenty of leg room, could easily fit 3 kids Seats in the back. Dislikes, the side mirrors make objects look soooo far away I don't see cars sneaking up behind me, also needs mudguards at the front of the rear tyres as they throw mud onto the side steps. Overall just love this ute so much I convinced my parents to buy the M-UX which they enjoy as well. I don't know of any real bad points to say about it. Would definitely recommend to anyone, family, tradie, farmer.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Very poor hand brake.

Probably the worse hand brake I've ever looked at. Parked on my drive which is a 1-4 slope. Sat there for about 4 mins and then ran away hitting my house. Narrowly missing one of my boys. Isuzu and dealer washing there hands with it saying it driver error not putting hand brake on properly. The rachet and pawl in them is very poorly designed. If the rest are like it it's only time before someone gets killed. Don't let it be your kids.

BadgeEX Farm Mate
Date PurchasedJune 2016

2015 D max . Would not buy or recommend

CabSingle Cab
Date PurchasedOct 2015
DriveRWD

Destroyed our lives, frustrating vehicle and company

MrRodeoAU

Why would you buy anything else!

BadgeSX High Ride
Date PurchasedJan 2016
MrRodeo

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
swampyroQueensland

1st Ute terrible, second Ute Great.

Richie
Richieperth

Crap company! Crap car!!

I convinced 2 mates to buy a dmax after I bought one. And 2 of us have the same shudder in the automatic gear box. Mine started at about 20 to 30 000 hour s at 5000. Isuzu wiping its hands of it. The dealer is doing the same. I have got independent analysis from a gearbox specialist to fix with a cost of $6000.00. Pathetic company and pathetic service. I recommend you stay clear.

Timmy2Dogs
Timmy2DogsSouth East Queensland, QLD

2013 Dual Cab LSM ... Awesome vehicle - should have bought one sooner

Chappo
ChappoRutherford

Big mistake, buy something else.

Gearbox issues from new. Gearbox notchy and noisy. Changed oil and it was full of metal Rebuilt the box, got the car back and it was worse. Eventually got a new gearbox, got treated by servicing department like I was the problem. New gearbox got noisy, sold the car after just 1 year lost $12,000, good riddance.

2015 xrunner

Had our 15 xrunner for 14000kms and my wife and myself love it. Suspension bit bumpy but it is a ute with no weight in the back. As it gets older have noticed fuel economy getting better, tows well, sat nav good, stereo could be better, rear camera good, good on the beach.

Rob
RobMandurah

Good Mechanically . Poor paint Quality . Sub - Standard Seats

Great Drive . Good Towing . Completely let down by the drivers seat falling apart after less than two years .
Dealer and customer complaints department not interested , claiming it is not a warrenty issue but due to Ware & Tare . How can that be on a ute that is not even a Tradies vehicle

BadgeLS High Ride

Tuff 2014 Isuzu dmax x runner ute

I have owned my dmax x runner manuel for a year now with only 16000 ks so far to good being in the trucking industrie everyone knows Isuzu build good trucks and have been for decades I have driven navaras hiluxes patrols and landcruisers but I went with isuzu cause of the history best ute I have ever bought I haven't had any problems will be a keeper till I go

Tez
TezVictoria

Great, should have bought one ages ago

Vehicle handles very well, has good leg room front and back and is extremely economical. We have travelled 6,000 ks over the last two months and it has not missed a beat. The D-Max has been bought for towing a caravan and we cannot wait to hit the road on one our adventures.

G'Banger
G'Bangerwhyalla, sa

An absolute GEM.

Done 28000 kms, towed tandem trailer from Whyalla to Qld twice. Great fuel economy, comfort, no rattles or problems. Will be towing a c'van starting 2016 and i reckon will cruise with confidence with the choice. Will change tyres before setting out on the hwy. Thank you Pt Augusta Isuzu, great team you guys/gals are.

CabSpace Cab

2013 LS-M dual cab. Wouldn't buy another one

CabDual Cab

Not impressed with its lack of guts.

BadgeSX 5 speed manual
addo
addotamworth

My d-max

2012 model lsm twin cab ute, bought new feb 2013, I don' believe any other brand of ute could be any better than this one, we have been all over oz towing 16ft poptop and there is no way any other ute could do the job as good as this one, 15,000k las trip with a lot of weight on van and ute for 11.3lt 100k, very comfortable and smooth. Love it! Due for new ute next year and it will be another d-max, wouldn't consider anything else, bought it from Gilbert and roach at hunting dale, they were great to deal with and I'll get the next on there, it's very satisfying to to purchase something which is great value for money.

2012 Isuzu D-Max

rob
rob
Paul B
Paul BBrisbane

Absolutley love it !

I love my D- Max . It now has 50k on the clock. Average consumption is at 8.2l/100k.. As an off road vechile this is perfect for the family when we go camping.. I also tow my heavy fibreglass boat at almost 2tonne and I have to remind myself there is a boat on the back when on the highway.. Just love it.. Has that mix of a truck like feel with comfort which suits me perfectly. Not to mention I just love the shape and look with the chrome grill!

Body0
steve
steveKimberley, WA

10k Replacement LS-M

This 2014 model has now got digital press button dash display...pain in the [censor word removed]. 09 model was easy and effective to change. How does "Elapse time" help me drive? new model has steel rim as spare so now unless I replace it with an alloy, I cannot rotate it every 10k to maintain even tyre wear among all 5 wheels. No rear speakers in the doors even though the ports are there!!!! Dust ingress is more evident around doors.
Gear box VERY notchy from 1st to 2nd gear, most times crunches. Must make low rev change very smooth and carefully.
I will not speak kindly to others considering a D-Max. Was very happy with 09 model........why did they mess with it?
aesthetics
Poor warranty backup

AnsiMt. Gambier

Cant wait!!!

Just signed up for a new Dmax space cab auto! Wanted a red one, there is one on the boat so need to wait 6/7 weeks. Traded my 2012 Triton which, while being a reliable vehicle, is thirstier than a camel at a waterhole. 11/12 L/100k's sitting on 105KPH on the highway. I am SO looking forward to the fuel savings!!!! Will update as I go.

CabSpace Cab
Ansi

Taking delivery this coming Monday. Any tips on the running in procedure?

cheap to run

BadgeSX High Ride
Rob Hughes
Rob HughesOatley

What a great ute!

I have now driven almost 14,000 km in my new D-max Ute. It is comfortable, roomy, powerful and relatively light on fuel. At the first service, the dealership at Sutherland Isuzu was friendly and most professional. I've taken it into some challenging situations in the Vic High Country, where it has proved to be an outstanding performer.

BodyDual cab ute