Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 4 of 5)

See the Best Utes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Features
Alan M
Alan MNarooma, New South Wales

Fantastic 4x4

After the death of my Defender decided to buy new. Have always liked the reliability of Isuzu motors. Bought a 2014 LS-M manual dual cab. $15K off list price as it was a 200km demo. What a great ride. Plenty of room in the cabin. Comfortable seats with heaps of leg room. So far I have been impressed with it off road, even with it's so called All Terrain Bridgestone tyres. Towing is a breeze. Towed a 1.2 tonne dual axle trailer 800kms. Hardly knew it was there. It achieves excellent fuel economy with little stress from the engine. Only gripes: key in ignition warning and seat belt warning. Apart from that a solid vehicle. New tyres and a suspension lift and it will be ready for the great off road.

CabDual Cab
DriveRWD

Great Ute Awful Radio

BadgeLS-Terrain

Mirrors on D Max

Clearview brand mirrors that replace originals are available and are brilliant and have a convex and flat mirror that can extend for towing. I think they also have the blinker light in them as well. Unfortunately they are expensive at $750 plus and more if fitting if required but are far cheaper than originals if you break one. Spare parts are available.
They are slightly bigger than the original equipment but that is to your advantage and don't vibrate even when fully extended for towing.

bob.eades.7

jofoBellthorpe

2013 SX Space Cab auto cab chassis 4wd

CabCab Chassis

Cheap to run

I brought 2014 Terrain. Done 20,000km without fault added nudge bar,canopy,rhino bars and regularly carries all my builders tools,ladders etc .around town getting 8.4 litres per 100k been down as low as 7.1 at 100k on highway between brissy and sunshine coast. Don't even have to change down on steep grades as the auto handles with ease. Air con with climate control work a treat. My only gripes are the speed alert interruptions on radio and the large blind spot created by driver side pillar. Oh one other annoyance is if you put a heavy load on passenger seat it sets off seatbelt alarm. I highly recommend this truck as it is a work vehicle and not as a SUV...

BadgeLS-Terrain

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Sheep
Sheep

Awesome tow vehicle

This is my second D-Max having recently upgrading from the 1st generation model. We regularly tow a car trailer with a race car on the back all over QLD and NSW, we constantly achieve between 10.5-12 ltr/100km with the trailer and 7.8-8.3 ltr/100km without the trailer. If your looking for a great tow vehicle that is cheap to run you can't go past this ute. The only "must have" upgrade I would recommend is change the shock absorbers the factory ones lean to much towards soft/comfort in there valving.

Work horse

I've had all the other brands and have found the D-Max to be a real star. Sure, it's noisy and a little rough around the edges but for the prices it's in a league of it's own. I towed a 3200kg trailer from Brisbane back to Perth with an additional 500kg in the tray and was still getting 10.9 l/ 100km. How does it do that?

By the way for the sceptics, I was sitting on 100kms/hour.

Great machine but maybe for those who really understand that it's a work machine not a show pony!

MattMid North Coast, NSW

Poor waranty

BadgeLS-U
Matt

Traded car in, will never ever deal with IUA again, and Taree Isuzu dealer was no help as the selling dealer. so they lost me as well. got the new car from newy

Marion
Marion

Very happy

Very happy with vehicle drives beautifully and has many extra features also sales man service and dealership very Curtis and helpful

Paul Prz
Paul PrzMoonta SA

Isuzu D-Max 2013

Bought an Isuzu D-Max SX demo, it's a good car but the seats are very uncomfortable!!! We travelled for 4 hours on our first trip after purchasing it and both had back pain! Have complained to Isuzu who said the seats were the same throughout the fleet and can't be changed, so it looks like we are going to have to get aftermarket seats installed at a cost of approx. $3000 for both seats, we found this very disappointing especially for a near new vehicle.

dado
dadoMelbourne

Rust bucket

Got my D-Max X-Runner brand new.
Two weeks after discover fair bit of rust all trough the chassis and engine. Contact the Isuzu Ute Australia head office and after few days got the email saying that they will replace the turbo assembly, exhaust and gasket... and in they Goodwill treat the rust on the chassis. Warranty doesn't cover rust so it's there's goodwill to treat it.
How good is this for a brand new vehicle.

BadgeX-Runner
Jane S
Jane STownsville

12 months in, the D-Max continues to be brilliant!

Front passenger seat belt locking

Front passenger seat belt locks up you cant lean forward to get drink from holder you go over a bump it gets tighter. You have to unclip let it all the way back in and then do it up. Not happy big safety issue.
Who was the bright spark that got that idea through development and into the D-Max!!!

nannycallipan
nannycallipanAU

Isuzu LSM 4x4 3 ltr turbo diesel

It's a fantastic ute. I tow a 3 ton fifth wheeler not a problem, the only gripe I have is the aerial top of windscreen .
Entered a car park the aerial must have made contact with chain on the way in got home noticed the aerial was slightly off centre tried to centre it when it snapped off in my hand had a look at centre of aerial found tiny thin bolt thread.
Went to Isuzu dealer for warranty told I must have hit something not happy.
Should be more robust than this.
Also service manual says oil change ect every 10,000 km but sticker under hood says service every 20,000 km very strange but I don't think i'd wait to 20,000 as the recommended oil isn't fully synthetic.

JimboPerth, WA

Bad warranty experience

Car was delivered in unroadworthy condition and was not fixed for 4 weeks, no loan car or compensation offered on it.

November 17th 2014 Update:
Every weld on the chassis has broken out in rust within a week of purchase.
I covered it in black kill rust gloss, goodness knows what the inside of the frame is like.

July 21st 2017 Update: Lemon

Clutch dramas, windscreen washer dramas, fan switch dramas, It never ends, Isuzu ute Australia are very hard to deal with for warranty work, they will do any thing not to pay a claim. Even when it is clearly obvious it is a warranty problem and they take forever to send out parts from Brisbane warehouse.

Jimbo

Just had a new clutch at 10K, manufacturing defect.

Jimbo

Clutch gone for second time, first replaced under warranty, will they give me another one??

Jimbo

Another clutch after 4000 km !

Sandy
SandyMaleny

Seatbelt webbing shredding

I have a D-Max single cab ute changed to this after many years as a Hilux lover, only changed because heard of issues with new Hiluxes. The main issue is with the seatbelt webbing coming apart have old Hiluxes, Holdens and an Isuzu truck and have never had this issue with any of them.

Should have bought 2 Great Walls !!

TomPerth, WA

GREAT TOWING POWER AND FUEL ECONOMY 2014 LSM AUTO

Tom

Update to above, 1st engine oil change is not until 20k kms which is ridiculous for a new engine. Not sure of the logic there.

ProHilux

My 1st 1000kms in a 2014 LS-M Crew Cab D-Max

jason
jasonNewcastle, New South Wales

2013 D-Max extra cab manual

I have had my D-Max for around 4 months and just clicked over 12,000 kms and so far have not had a problem with it it drives smoothly and changes gears really smooth I've taken it off road several times and it's been great I get around 8L/100km the key button is the worse worse thing about it (minor issue) when my keys are in my pocket I can easily bump the button and the car will unlock but as I said minor issue.
Fuel economy, power, and smooth gear changes
Key button

Not happy

I have a 2013 LS-M it's 3 months old and it's been the biggest headache.
Since day one it hasn't driven right I have taken it to the dealer over 10 times they recon theres nothing wrong with it. Run ruff brakes don't operate properly it feels it's in and out of four wheel drive. Dash is faulty, I've advised by independent mechanic it's unsafe to drives. Brake lock up and the list goes on there customer service is bad. It has cost me over $20,000 lost of time from work and privet mechanics reports and still no help from Isuzu so I've gona take it further till I get the result I want.
the shape

jhany
jhany

waw !!!! i am going to test drive one tomorrow you just turned me of it

Tony WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy

BadgeLS-U
Glenn
Glenn

I have 2010 Dmax manual same transfer case died not even in 4wd at the time, from what I have read Isuzu knows of their problems but are not willing to improve them, we truly live in a disposable society.