Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Features
Rob
RobMandurah

Good Mechanically . Poor paint Quality . Sub - Standard Seats

Great Drive . Good Towing . Completely let down by the drivers seat falling apart after less than two years .
Dealer and customer complaints department not interested , claiming it is not a warrenty issue but due to Ware & Tare . How can that be on a ute that is not even a Tradies vehicle

BadgeLS High Ride

Tuff 2014 Isuzu dmax x runner ute

I have owned my dmax x runner manuel for a year now with only 16000 ks so far to good being in the trucking industrie everyone knows Isuzu build good trucks and have been for decades I have driven navaras hiluxes patrols and landcruisers but I went with isuzu cause of the history best ute I have ever bought I haven't had any problems will be a keeper till I go

BadgeX-Runner
Tez
TezVictoria

Great, should have bought one ages ago

Vehicle handles very well, has good leg room front and back and is extremely economical. We have travelled 6,000 ks over the last two months and it has not missed a beat. The D-Max has been bought for towing a caravan and we cannot wait to hit the road on one our adventures.

G'Banger
G'Bangerwhyalla, sa

An absolute GEM.

Done 28000 kms, towed tandem trailer from Whyalla to Qld twice. Great fuel economy, comfort, no rattles or problems. Will be towing a c'van starting 2016 and i reckon will cruise with confidence with the choice. Will change tyres before setting out on the hwy. Thank you Pt Augusta Isuzu, great team you guys/gals are.

BodyCab Chassis
CabSpace Cab

addo
addotamworth

My d-max

2012 model lsm twin cab ute, bought new feb 2013, I don' believe any other brand of ute could be any better than this one, we have been all over oz towing 16ft poptop and there is no way any other ute could do the job as good as this one, 15,000k las trip with a lot of weight on van and ute for 11.3lt 100k, very comfortable and smooth. Love it! Due for new ute next year and it will be another d-max, wouldn't consider anything else, bought it from Gilbert and roach at hunting dale, they were great to deal with and I'll get the next on there, it's very satisfying to to purchase something which is great value for money.

2012 Isuzu D-Max

BadgeLS-U
rob
rob
Paul B
Paul BBrisbane

Absolutley love it !

I love my D- Max . It now has 50k on the clock. Average consumption is at 8.2l/100k.. As an off road vechile this is perfect for the family when we go camping.. I also tow my heavy fibreglass boat at almost 2tonne and I have to remind myself there is a boat on the back when on the highway.. Just love it.. Has that mix of a truck like feel with comfort which suits me perfectly. Not to mention I just love the shape and look with the chrome grill!

BadgeLS-U

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
steve
steveKimberley, WA

10k Replacement LS-M

This 2014 model has now got digital press button dash display...pain in the [censor word removed]. 09 model was easy and effective to change. How does "Elapse time" help me drive? new model has steel rim as spare so now unless I replace it with an alloy, I cannot rotate it every 10k to maintain even tyre wear among all 5 wheels. No rear speakers in the doors even though the ports are there!!!! Dust ingress is more evident around doors.
Gear box VERY notchy from 1st to 2nd gear, most times crunches. Must make low rev change very smooth and carefully.
I will not speak kindly to others considering a D-Max. Was very happy with 09 model........why did they mess with it?
aesthetics
Poor warranty backup

AnsiMt. Gambier

Cant wait!!!

Just signed up for a new Dmax space cab auto! Wanted a red one, there is one on the boat so need to wait 6/7 weeks. Traded my 2012 Triton which, while being a reliable vehicle, is thirstier than a camel at a waterhole. 11/12 L/100k's sitting on 105KPH on the highway. I am SO looking forward to the fuel savings!!!! Will update as I go.

BadgeSX
CabSpace Cab
Ansi

Taking delivery this coming Monday. Any tips on the running in procedure?

cheap to run

BadgeSX High Ride
CabCrew Cab
Rob Hughes
Rob HughesOatley

What a great ute!

I have now driven almost 14,000 km in my new D-max Ute. It is comfortable, roomy, powerful and relatively light on fuel. At the first service, the dealership at Sutherland Isuzu was friendly and most professional. I've taken it into some challenging situations in the Vic High Country, where it has proved to be an outstanding performer.

BodyDual cab ute
Date PurchasedAug 2014
Alan M
Alan MNarooma, New South Wales

Fantastic 4x4

After the death of my Defender decided to buy new. Have always liked the reliability of Isuzu motors. Bought a 2014 LS-M manual dual cab. $15K off list price as it was a 200km demo. What a great ride. Plenty of room in the cabin. Comfortable seats with heaps of leg room. So far I have been impressed with it off road, even with it's so called All Terrain Bridgestone tyres. Towing is a breeze. Towed a 1.2 tonne dual axle trailer 800kms. Hardly knew it was there. It achieves excellent fuel economy with little stress from the engine. Only gripes: key in ignition warning and seat belt warning. Apart from that a solid vehicle. New tyres and a suspension lift and it will be ready for the great off road.

DriveRWD

Great Ute Awful Radio

BadgeLS-Terrain

Mirrors on D Max

Clearview brand mirrors that replace originals are available and are brilliant and have a convex and flat mirror that can extend for towing. I think they also have the blinker light in them as well. Unfortunately they are expensive at $750 plus and more if fitting if required but are far cheaper than originals if you break one. Spare parts are available.
They are slightly bigger than the original equipment but that is to your advantage and don't vibrate even when fully extended for towing.

bob.eades.7

2013 SX Space Cab auto cab chassis 4wd

BadgeSX
CabCab Chassis

Cheap to run

I brought 2014 Terrain. Done 20,000km without fault added nudge bar,canopy,rhino bars and regularly carries all my builders tools,ladders etc .around town getting 8.4 litres per 100k been down as low as 7.1 at 100k on highway between brissy and sunshine coast. Don't even have to change down on steep grades as the auto handles with ease. Air con with climate control work a treat. My only gripes are the speed alert interruptions on radio and the large blind spot created by driver side pillar. Oh one other annoyance is if you put a heavy load on passenger seat it sets off seatbelt alarm. I highly recommend this truck as it is a work vehicle and not as a SUV...

BadgeLS-Terrain
Sheep
Sheep

Awesome tow vehicle

This is my second D-Max having recently upgrading from the 1st generation model. We regularly tow a car trailer with a race car on the back all over QLD and NSW, we constantly achieve between 10.5-12 ltr/100km with the trailer and 7.8-8.3 ltr/100km without the trailer. If your looking for a great tow vehicle that is cheap to run you can't go past this ute. The only "must have" upgrade I would recommend is change the shock absorbers the factory ones lean to much towards soft/comfort in there valving.

Work horse

I've had all the other brands and have found the D-Max to be a real star. Sure, it's noisy and a little rough around the edges but for the prices it's in a league of it's own. I towed a 3200kg trailer from Brisbane back to Perth with an additional 500kg in the tray and was still getting 10.9 l/ 100km. How does it do that?

By the way for the sceptics, I was sitting on 100kms/hour.

Great machine but maybe for those who really understand that it's a work machine not a show pony!

Marion
Marion

Very happy

Very happy with vehicle drives beautifully and has many extra features also sales man service and dealership very Curtis and helpful

Jane S
Jane STownsville

12 months in, the D-Max continues to be brilliant!

Front passenger seat belt locking

Front passenger seat belt locks up you cant lean forward to get drink from holder you go over a bump it gets tighter. You have to unclip let it all the way back in and then do it up. Not happy big safety issue.
Who was the bright spark that got that idea through development and into the D-Max!!!

nannycallipan
nannycallipanAU

Isuzu LSM 4x4 3 ltr turbo diesel

It's a fantastic ute. I tow a 3 ton fifth wheeler not a problem, the only gripe I have is the aerial top of windscreen .
Entered a car park the aerial must have made contact with chain on the way in got home noticed the aerial was slightly off centre tried to centre it when it snapped off in my hand had a look at centre of aerial found tiny thin bolt thread.
Went to Isuzu dealer for warranty told I must have hit something not happy.
Should be more robust than this.
Also service manual says oil change ect every 10,000 km but sticker under hood says service every 20,000 km very strange but I don't think i'd wait to 20,000 as the recommended oil isn't fully synthetic.

BadgeLS-M

Should have bought 2 Great Walls !!

Other Utes