Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 4 of 4)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

TomPerth, WA

GREAT TOWING POWER AND FUEL ECONOMY 2014 LSM AUTO

BadgeLS-M
Tom

Update to above, 1st engine oil change is not until 20k kms which is ridiculous for a new engine. Not sure of the logic there.

Michael Dopking
Michael DopkingDarling Downs, QLD

My 1st 1000kms in a 2014 LS-M Crew Cab D-Max

BadgeLS-M
jason
jasonNewcastle, New South Wales

2013 D-Max extra cab manual

I have had my D-Max for around 4 months and just clicked over 12,000 kms and so far have not had a problem with it it drives smoothly and changes gears really smooth I've taken it off road several times and it's been great I get around 8L/100km the key button is the worse worse thing about it (minor issue) when my keys are in my pocket I can easily bump the button and the car will unlock but as I said minor issue.
Fuel economy, power, and smooth gear changes
Key button

TransmissionManual
MW
MWSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Looking to buy, test drive so far only

We just took a D-Max LS-U for a drive and liked it except the right was very harsh on uneven road - very disappointing. We were also a little concerned that the air con was OK only - it worked but you had to run the fan on high and that added a lot to the cabin noise. Also the engine is not as quiet as the Mazda BT50.
Price. Overall feel and everything else about it
Very lumpy ride, Air con may struggle over time.

Steak face
Steak face
Glenn
Glenn

I hope you have better luck with yours mine has been nothing but problems under warranty now I have to pay for repairs myself

Utes

Find out how Isuzu D-MAX RC.I compares to other Utes

mustangdudeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review after 18 months

JBJARROD

I highly recommend getting yourself a rubber/silicone key cover for your key. This was something that annoyed me but it was fixed by buying it a silicone cover. They are on ebay.

mustangdude

We tried a silicone cover but found it was too soft and kept coming off when you turned the key.
I might look for a better, harder cover because that certainly is a good solution.

JBJARROD

I have had my silicone one on since new, it barely moves. Maybe it needs a good clean to wipe off the oily residue maybe?? I did buy mine a couple years ago off ebay. It had the isuzu emblem cutout on the back of the key. Sorry this didn't help you.

Love it

Done 4000klms a month over the 6 months since I got my D-Max and love it love it love it. Has Power to burn, and will with easy tow the 3 ton it rated to tow. The most practical work ute, easy to use brilliant fuel economy, comfortable on long trips. Easy as to keep clean. Best investment I have ever made.
Love everything about it.

simon
simon
bernarrd
bernarrd

True,stereo is very poor

johnt57aus
johnt57ausAU

JBJARROD

Do yourself a favour and go grab a silicone key cover off ebay! Will stop the keys from being accidentally pressed in your pocket.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Paddy
PaddyNaracoorte, South Australia

Not so tough D-Max

I bought the ute new in January and it's now done 20,000km. It drives better then my car and is comfy on long trips. Truthfully I wouldn't buy another one or recommend one to someone planning on doing a fair bit of four wheel driving, as a trader ute or tow vehicle I would.
Fuel economy, comfort.
On third alternator, diff had problem, not very capable off road, not tough enough off road

fatbob
fatbobAU

The ultimate towing machine

My wife & I have just completed a 5000k trip in a D-max towing a 3 ton caravan,travelling with my brother & sister in-law who were driving the 200 series twin turbo Landcruiser also pulling a 3 ton caravan. Well let me tell you Toyota lovers the D-Max left it for dead in both performance & fuel economy, up hills around Tumit & Mt. Kosiosco the D-Max in 3rd gear literally pushed the cruiser up the hills, fuel stops the D-Max was on average $50.00 less per every fill, I averaged approx 14lts to the 100k's as apposed to the cruiser's 22lts to the 100k's. The D-Max might look small but it's built tough & is very comfortable for a ute.
I loved the way it performed, handled & the great fuel economy

Mark

must have been something wrong with the landcruiser I reckon ,

FNQ Peter G
FNQ Peter G

Our company D-Max lives on Cape York it returns 6.9 in 4WD all the time all standard gear except bull-bar and driving lights.one tough and efficient truck.

Utes

Find out how Isuzu D-MAX RC.I compares to other Utes

Kerley1111
Kerley1111AU

Love my D-Max

LS-U new at the end of October. Road trip since covering 6000km. Loving it.

Comfort and reliability. Towed a boat on the road trip and achieved 10L per 100km. Not towing I am getting about 9L/100km. Fitted a Razorback Canopy and that is excellent as well.

Would recommend to my friends. Very happy.
Economy, power, reliability