Isuzu D-MAX RC.I

Isuzu D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016) (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Features
TonyL
TonyLCOFFS HARBOUR

Reliabilty Plus

I have put this vehicle thru heaps, travelled the Cape, Camerons Corner, Tassie back blocks and got over BIG RED first attempt.
On the bitumen and absolute pleasure to drive.
My only reservation, not a negative but suspension a little rigid for passenger comfort..
However 9.5 out of 10

Bryan
BryanBallarat

Love my D-Max

We went to have a look at the Isuzu because we needed something better to tow our caravan with, we only went to look, and we came home with a new D-Max, we fell in love with the X-Runner as soon as we saw it. It tows our caravan beautifully, has everything we want, really quiet inside, and really economical. Really good purchase price.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Norman Spencer
Norman SpencerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

It's the best Tug I have had

After getting rid of a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (that could not pull pussy up a hill) and purchasing the new LS-T Isuzu D Max 4 Door Ute,it was the best move I have ever made. I have traveled over the state of Tasmania and it hasn't missed a beat. I don't even know the van is behind me. We started in QLD and come down through NSW and VIC on our trip.

BadgeLS-Terrain
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Kim
Kim

Excellent on and off road

Excellent vehicle, can't fault. It is also excellent on and off road. We have the automatic transmission and I would recommend a oil cooler for towing with an automatic of any vehicle brand. This vehicle has been up to Kalumburu and back without any problems (can't say the same with the Kimberley Kamper) Would purchase again.

BadgeNot sure

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedNov 2016
Gustaph
GustaphSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very comfortable and fantastic to drive. Love it!!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
tccack
tccackAdelaide

Great ute. Very economical and capable of tough tasks

My vehicle has the Pedders GVM upgrade which does result in some rigidity in the ride when empty. However when loaded to capacity, this vehicle doesnt miss a beat. Very stable. Full loading barely affects fuel economy either which was a pleasant surprise. 800km from a tank of diesel is no problem. Very reliable versus Ranger and much better value for money than Hilux. Great farm ute overall and highly recommended.

CabSingle Cab

our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Beck
BeckRichmond-Tweed, NSW

The best 4WD & family vehicle

Beautiful car to drive, handles the road smoothly not bumpy at all like other 4WD's. Interior is nice and simple in a charcoal, comfy seats, it's a pity the back seat isn't a splitting seat as it would make putting car seats in a lot easier. Very reliable car, a full tank of diesel gets us about 850 kilometres we do a lot of highway driving. She handles off road like a dream, beach driving was very smooth.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hazadad
HazadadSouth East Queensland, QLD

By far the best ute I have had

BadgeLS-T
Date PurchasedApr 2015

John
JohnKurrajong

Problem with radio reception

After sale service from dealer and head office was appalling no one ever returns a call .After i had the problem fixed by a radio specalist and gave the dealer the bill they sent it to head office who refused to pay .After 4 x radios and 3 x areials the service manager paid the bill but i had to fight to get a warranty problem fixed and paid for .Not very happy with dealer or head office.

BadgeLS High Ride
CabSingle Cab
Date PurchasedJune 2016
DriveRWD

Very reliable. Does what it says it will do..

Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Yablett
YablettAU

Love the D Max.

This is the second Isuzu LS-M D max that we have bought and could not be happier. The power is ample and the towing with our 2.9 tonne van is carefree and safe.
We have averaged 12.4 ltr/100klms over the 20,000 klms that we have travelled since purchasing the vehicle in December 2015.
The interior is adequate and is easy to keep clean with the vinyl floor and the dashboard is workable an easy to read.
Keep up the good work.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Ewan32
Ewan32AU

Great Ute, Love it

Have done 10,000Km. No hassles great ute to drive on long trips, comfortable ride, fuel varies from 8 to 9.5L/100km. Plenty of leg room, could easily fit 3 kids Seats in the back. Dislikes, the side mirrors make objects look soooo far away I don't see cars sneaking up behind me, also needs mudguards at the front of the rear tyres as they throw mud onto the side steps. Overall just love this ute so much I convinced my parents to buy the M-UX which they enjoy as well. I don't know of any real bad points to say about it. Would definitely recommend to anyone, family, tradie, farmer.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
MrRodeoAU

Why would you buy anything else!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Timmy2Dogs
Timmy2DogsSouth East Queensland, QLD

2013 Dual Cab LSM ... Awesome vehicle - should have bought one sooner

2015 xrunner

Had our 15 xrunner for 14000kms and my wife and myself love it. Suspension bit bumpy but it is a ute with no weight in the back. As it gets older have noticed fuel economy getting better, tows well, sat nav good, stereo could be better, rear camera good, good on the beach.

Tuff 2014 Isuzu dmax x runner ute

I have owned my dmax x runner manuel for a year now with only 16000 ks so far to good being in the trucking industrie everyone knows Isuzu build good trucks and have been for decades I have driven navaras hiluxes patrols and landcruisers but I went with isuzu cause of the history best ute I have ever bought I haven't had any problems will be a keeper till I go

Tez
TezVictoria

Great, should have bought one ages ago

Vehicle handles very well, has good leg room front and back and is extremely economical. We have travelled 6,000 ks over the last two months and it has not missed a beat. The D-Max has been bought for towing a caravan and we cannot wait to hit the road on one our adventures.

G'Banger
G'Bangerwhyalla, sa

An absolute GEM.

Done 28000 kms, towed tandem trailer from Whyalla to Qld twice. Great fuel economy, comfort, no rattles or problems. Will be towing a c'van starting 2016 and i reckon will cruise with confidence with the choice. Will change tyres before setting out on the hwy. Thank you Pt Augusta Isuzu, great team you guys/gals are.

addo
addotamworth

My d-max

2012 model lsm twin cab ute, bought new feb 2013, I don' believe any other brand of ute could be any better than this one, we have been all over oz towing 16ft poptop and there is no way any other ute could do the job as good as this one, 15,000k las trip with a lot of weight on van and ute for 11.3lt 100k, very comfortable and smooth. Love it! Due for new ute next year and it will be another d-max, wouldn't consider anything else, bought it from Gilbert and roach at hunting dale, they were great to deal with and I'll get the next on there, it's very satisfying to to purchase something which is great value for money.

2012 Isuzu D-Max

BadgeLS-U
rob
rob
Paul B
Paul BBrisbane

Absolutley love it !

I love my D- Max . It now has 50k on the clock. Average consumption is at 8.2l/100k.. As an off road vechile this is perfect for the family when we go camping.. I also tow my heavy fibreglass boat at almost 2tonne and I have to remind myself there is a boat on the back when on the highway.. Just love it.. Has that mix of a truck like feel with comfort which suits me perfectly. Not to mention I just love the shape and look with the chrome grill!

BadgeLS-U
Body0
AnsiMt. Gambier

Cant wait!!!

Just signed up for a new Dmax space cab auto! Wanted a red one, there is one on the boat so need to wait 6/7 weeks. Traded my 2012 Triton which, while being a reliable vehicle, is thirstier than a camel at a waterhole. 11/12 L/100k's sitting on 105KPH on the highway. I am SO looking forward to the fuel savings!!!! Will update as I go.

BadgeSX
Ansi

Taking delivery this coming Monday. Any tips on the running in procedure?

cheap to run

Rob Hughes
Rob HughesOatley

What a great ute!

I have now driven almost 14,000 km in my new D-max Ute. It is comfortable, roomy, powerful and relatively light on fuel. At the first service, the dealership at Sutherland Isuzu was friendly and most professional. I've taken it into some challenging situations in the Vic High Country, where it has proved to be an outstanding performer.

BodyDual cab ute