Isuzu D-MAX

Isuzu D-MAX Questions & Answers (page 2 of 15)

RC.I, RA, RC.II

293 questions from our users

Sean Basked
D-MAX

The airbag sensor/module in my 2015 mux has been damaged by water,can I use one out of a dmax, any particular year?Thanks

Joseph

My first question is, how did water enter the airbag module as they are sealed and secondly your MUX should still be under warranty so I would try this line first. Good luck

Sean B

No ,no longer under warranty,airbag module damaged when car got stuck in very deep puddle

brian wood
brian woodasked
D-MAX 4x2 High Ride (2017-2021)

can i get a roobar to suit my 2017 sx 4x2 low ride single cab ute

Coight
Coightasked
D-MAX

How many owners tow a 3 tonne van with theirs.
I’m not interested in figures on paper, they all sound impressive but l’d just like to know how well these things will haul a heavy van up a hill, they’ll all pull on one the flat stuff.

Coight
Coightasked
D-MAX

How many owners tow a van with theirs. Everybody makes theirs sound good on paper but heading up a hill with a load on is the only way to find out how good they really are and you can’t do this in a test drive at the dealers.

Joseph

I tow a van with mine. I was not overly impressed with its capacity until the turbo was changed, it now tows a lot better and fuel economy is pretty fair. only issues I have is the springs are weak as water and the manual gearbox is crap (3 gearboxes in 20k and still no good) Dealers are a mob of blatant Liars as I asked about the springs and the girl at the counter said I have an aftermarket canopy which is overloading the springs. the canopy weighs 200kg and the carrying capacity of the vehicle is 850kg so I should be able to put 4 canopies on the back and not be overloaded. To top it off she did all this by sitting at her desk and peering out the window, she didn't need to weigh it as she was able to calculate this all by eye. (very clever). By the way Isuzu do not make canopies. They will tell you any crap to avoid warranty. With the gearbox according to the so called Rep from Isuzu, I have to count bananas between gear changes which causes real problems when taking off up a hill with the van on. Would not recommend Isuzu to anyone.

Filicity
Filicity

Joseph, what size you change the turbo too. We are thinking about doing the same thing.

Maddy H.
Maddy H.asked
D-MAX

2010 dmax everytime water from puddles/car wash gets underneath the car goes into limp mode and engine light turns on. can turn it off for a couple minutes and turn it on and it’s fine again. any ideas?

Jo B.
Jo B.asked
D-MAX

I have 2014 dmax it just started pushing coolant out the restank took off cap on radar and coolant still rising out any thoughts thanks

Wonder
Wonder

I would be checking that you haven’t a slight leak in the head gasket. Increased pressure will be coming from the leaking combustion gas entering the cooling system. Best way to beck is to get a test of coolant system. They simply use a Exhaust gas detection kit. Hope it isn’t that but.... best to have it checked to eliminate this possibility
Cheers Steve

Barry E.
Barry E.asked
D-MAX

hi i have a 2015 dmax i cannot find the button to reset the trip metor i thought it was on the tip of the indicator switch but no.

ardy01
ardy01

Hi Barry, no - it's on the face of the screen on the right hand side of the display;ay. Took me a while to find it as I set the trip meter but couldn't see it.

Donna L.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi went to go to work and got to the servo and put fuel in and the engine light came on and stays on I'm a new owner with a isuzu dmax its a 2012 some advice on what it might be

Pete G.
Pete G.

You need to get it to a mechanic who has a diagnostic tester. Can be numerous things. Some minor some major. But dont ignore it as it could be something that could ruin your day and your wallet if left. Sorry i cant be any more help. https://www.dash-lights.com/isuzu/d-max-dashboard-warning-lights/

Donna L.

Thanks Pete have book it in to get look at tomorrow at the mechanic to get diagnostic tester on her thanks for advice much appreciated

Craig R L
Craig R L

The light may be indicating to change the fuel filter

Wayne D.
Wayne D.asked
D-MAX

I have a 2015 D-Max dual cab, when the temperature get above 36 deg the air-conditioning stops working. Had it re-gassed and it is still doing it.

bryce d.asked
D-MAX

So I pull my abs fuse to turn on the speedometer as I have to pay for kms. Want to do it as I spend a lot of time off road but puts the truck into limp mode any way around?

BC C.asked

Hi, we own two Isuzu’s one being a MU-X
And a D-MAX.
We were travelling up a hill and the M-UX went into a limp mode. This also happened in my D-MaX some months ago
Just wondering how to fix this problem. The engine light also came on.

Harley
Harley

Auto or manual, late model 6 speed auto have a software upgrade to fix this.

BC C.

They are both auto six speed

Great thank you

waeco
waecoasked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

when I put headlights on dash lights go of

Jimbo

Its auto dimming the interior lights as it thinks you are driving at night. Normal.

Dhauntal V.
Dhauntal V.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Hi everyone Any one change te fuel temperture sensor on a isuzu dmx2008?

Daniel C.
Daniel C.asked

Hi there all I’ve got a 2012 d max 4x2 automatic transmission 3lt diesel,
This morning the engine light came on with loss of power, the light stayed on with power back through the gears and then nothing...... is this a potential diesel clogging issue?
Serviced at all intervals with no dramas so far.
It’s traveled 180,000ks.

DPF blocked

Josephasked
D-MAX

I would like to know when Isuzu will bring out a repair kit to stop the gears crunching in the 6 speed manual. I have taken several new cars for a test drive and they are all the same. Mine is on its 3rd gearbox plus 1 overhaul but they cant fix it. The Isuzu Rep (according to the service manager) claims that crunching is acceptable. Even the old FJ holdens didnt crunch when changing gears. this is disgusting and fraudulant.

rachel
rachelasked

Hello!
we have a D-Max Isuzu ute 2014, been driving it around everything was going great, went to go down town this arvo and it wont start... Battery is fine
it whinges over but just wont start!!! Can anyone help please????

Sarah H
Sarah Hasked
D-MAX

Will a 2012-2017 Isuzu canopy fit a 2018 model??

DH
DH

Ive had both models and no difference in tray, same canopy on both

bigfoot
bigfootasked
D-MAX

I own a 2015 dmax xrunner great car no probs until current heavy rain water coming thru back part of head liner maybe thru back seals on rear cab window anyone else had a problem?

Squillions, common problem.

Grahame F.
Grahame F.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Oil coming out of the open oil filler cap at idle is that a problem

Jimbo

Yes, excessive blow by from worn rings

wattsometer
wattsometerasked

Hi all,
I’ve recently spend 7 months working in a dusty environment and the Speedo/ tachometer display had dust in it. It seemed easy enough to pull out and clean, so I did, but now my tacho and speedo are not working correctly! Is there a way to rest these two or re-calibrate?

Kezza
Kezza

My experience from past tells me you have disrupted a small and unseen copper wire that is put there to stop people tampering with speedo readings, the only way i was told to fix it was to take it a dealer to have it repaired.

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX