Isuzu D-MAX

Isuzu D-MAX Questions & Answers (page 4 of 15)

RC.I, RA, RC.II

293 questions from our users

Jason H.
Jason H.asked
D-MAX

What would cause only the drivers side rear tail light not to work

Jimbo
Jimbo

Blown globe

Jason H.
Jason H.asked
D-MAX

Only the right rear tail light doesn’t work but everything else goes .What would be the causes?

Alan G
Alan Gasked
D-MAX

I have a 2015 Dmax and the heater is only warm any ideas?

mike

It should be still under warranty...................these cars are now too technical, so a dealer is the only way to go.

Mike Amanda Hulst
Mike Amanda Hulstasked
D-MAX

Just bought a 2009 dmax. Ran smooth this morning but on my way home vibration came in. Idle not smooth now. Vibration at about 2500rpm and higher.more noticable under load

mike

These cars are so technical now that an Isuzu dealer is the only way to correctly diagnose any problem.

I used to fix all my cars...........but not anymore.

Kudakwashe G.
Kudakwashe G.asked
D-MAX

I HAVE A 2016 dmax and the light position indicator light comes on when press the brake pedal ,is that normal with the dmax?

Ross
Ross

I don’t know what is meant by a light position indicator? You must put your foot on the brake so it will select a gear and displays it on the dash.

mike

I am lost with the latest electronics.....this really a dealer's diagnostic job.

It should be under warranty.

Just a warning however.....I am on a farm and rats have been chewing the wire harness immediately behind the engine firewall.....the new wiring is environmentally friendly but rat's seem to love it.

Very lucky that my son in law saw it.

Shahbaz N.
Shahbaz N.asked
D-MAX

I have isuzu D-Max vcross 2019. The self diagnostics of climate control ac gives the code 25 which refers to the sun sensor malfunction. My AC and sun sensor are working perfectly but why this code appears?

Robert W.
Robert W.

Hi did you ever find out issue ?

Paul Crighton
Paul Crightonasked
D-MAX

hi. has anyone had vibration issues in a 11/18 6 auto lsu dual cab. standard suspension,factory wheels and tyres?

Kevinasked
D-MAX

My wife is interested in purchasing a second hand Isuzu D-Max diesel with rear canopy and use it to tow a Horse Float occasionally and regularly travel up in the high country of NSW/ACT. What are we expected to pay for a vehicle that has around 100 to 150 thousand klms on the clock?

Kevinasked

Dave C

I have just traded my 2015 Isuzu D Max extra cab 4x4 with 141,000km's and received $16,000. So based on that it will probably sell in a car yard for about $20,000.

Thanks Dave...

Dennis G.
Dennis G.asked
D-MAX

I have a 2019 d max 6 speed auto, it seems to have 2 gear levels between each auto gear change, is this true.

I don't quiet understand your question but I'm on my 3rd Isuzu (2 x Dmax...manual and 1 x 2017 MuX auto) I've complained from day 1 that the 6 speed auto is confused. I was told there was and update to the transmission but I cannot remember if it was pre or pro my model. I leave mine in 5th when towing or on hills. I won't buy another unless I get a manual. Great cars...lousy transmission

rob
rob

depending on how you apply the accelerator . down hard and it will disengage the talk converter and go a full gear but apply gentle and it will pull all the way down to 1200rpm or lower without looking for lower gears and return good economy . the levels are the converter working to get the best economy ,lock and unlock

John D
John Dasked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

Have a warning light on Transmission Control System Malfunction on Isuzu Dmax 2012, when accelerating sometime sticks in low gear, took it to Isuzu dealer, said it was reprogrammed, but fault has reappeared, any clues to what the malfunction may be. Johnno

Melissa B.
Melissa B.asked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

I have 2011 dmax and it is making a horrible squeeke that appears to be coming from under drivers seat, I have removed seat retentioned all bolts lubed up rails & lubed any moving party & refitted. The noise still there, I’ve been all over car can’t find it anywhere!! Anybody had this problem previously & can pass on suggestions please...... Paul

Dave C

You have not said whether it is a Cab Chassis / Space Cab or Dual Cab. I have had no issues with squeaking from the seats in my Space Cab however, whilst the noise appears to be coming from under the drivers seat, it may be something loose on the centre console (assuming of course you have bucket seats), from the rear passenger seat on the drivers side or even a door trim item where plastic is rubbing on plastic.

Drohy A.
Drohy A.

I had this problem when I first got mine (2011). It required me to put a couple of 10 cent piece sized washers between the front left securing bolt to the floor on the transmission side (next to the tunnel), and re-tighten it. It worked and have had no noise since. Regards, Drohy.

HaiQuinnie N.
HaiQuinnie N.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

Can not rev over 2000rpm idle very good,replaced new intank lift pump,filter,new air flow sensor,crank and suction control valve no different any suggestion much appreciated.

david e.
david e.asked
D-MAX

dmax 2013 leaking in back of cab behind driver corner of seat wet tool compartment and surrounding carpet underlay, any ideas?

Cata

maybe they did not put enough glue when they changed the windscreen, if it was changed.

Rupnarine B.
Rupnarine B.

You can check the hood brake light and see if the rubber seal around it has a space. Had that problem with my 2017 dmax. Used some black silicone to seal it.

Cataasked
D-MAX

how much oil is between max and minimum at 2015 Isuzu D-max 3.0 engine?

Jacko
Jackoasked
D-MAX

Has anyone had problem of cracked diff housing, My 2016 D Max has cracked on both sides just outside the hangers?

Tez
Tez

Jacko, how did you get on with the cracked diff housing. Have experienced the same issue with 2016 DMax

Jasmel  Singh
Jasmel Singhasked
D-MAX

i have a Isuzu D- Max 2008 modal Auto and looking for a gear cable. Any help?

Norrine
Norrineasked
D-MAX

We have had our D-Max 8 years and it has recently started locking itself with the keys in the ignition which is a problem when we are out in the paddock.

Kay B.
Kay B.asked
D-MAX RA (2008-2012)

altenator for 2011 dmax isuzu

Ajm
Ajmasked
D-MAX RC.I (2012-2016)

2014 Dmax without canopy. The seal has deteriorated around the rear high mount stop light (the one above the back window) and now let's in water. With the recent rains (March 2018), I have had to check for goldfish each morning lately. Any ideas where to buy a replacement seal besides the local dealership? Ajm

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu D-MAX