Isuzu MU-X

Isuzu MU-X Questions & Answers (page 2 of 22)

Series I, Series II
Listing monitored by Isuzu

433 questions from our users

John T.
John T.asked
MU-X

My rear sensors have stopped beeping. I have already sprayed WD40 on them externally. I have a 2017 MUX

Toey

Can’t help you there sorry, my rear sensors are so low I can’t hardly hear them. Speak to you dealer.

John T.
John T.asked
MU-X

My rear sensors have stopped beeping. I have sprayed them, externally, with WD40. I have a 2017 MUX
John

Joy
Joyasked
MU-X

We have a 2013 black MUX paid $38,000 for it in 2017. Only has 95000 ks on it. We live in Qld and have paint protection on the vehicle. Bonnet and Roof dramatically faded, dull as. When we brought it we were told to only wash it with shampoo from the dealer which we did religiously. We never polished the car as we were told to wash it in the special shampoo. Dealer or paint protection say we have no claim thanks Joy

Toey

Never heard of this problem before. If you have followed all of the dealer and paint protection guide lines I feel they should cover you under a warranty. Is it parked under a tree where bird droppings fall on it cause this can damage paint. These days like in the past 10 years paint protection is not needed as the paint on vehicles has improved. I would seek advice from a motoring body and see if they can take up your case or fair trading because if your have paid for paint protection to be applied and your known at the dealer to only purchase the shampoo they recommend then you have a history of following their instructions. Good luck Toey

Deb B.asked
MU-X

Hi guys. Had a flat battery today and called raa to come jump start. Now we can’t drive the car or lock it. It just continues to beep every few seconds. The radio also changes stations every 30 seconds. Any ideas?

Toey

This is beyond my knowledge. I would suggest you call the raa again and get them to come back out to check your car out or seek advice from your Isuzu dealer. Good luck Toey

Loneranger

Sometimes you can resolve this type of problem with a reset by disconnecting the battery. The radio is scanning and looking for stations as its settings were lost due to the flat battery. You can press the station buttons and re-save those radio stations you need to listen to.

Deb B.

Hi there! All of our saved radio stations are still there, it’s just changing between them all.

Lisa C.
Lisa C.asked
MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2013-2016)

I have just bought the car second hand. I’m surprised the 2014 top model doesn’t have the touch door handle keyless entry. Why? (Have had older cars Toyota and Subaru and they had them) is it possible to convert them?
also does the audio system update, have it to read newer iPhones for Spotify playlist etc... so weird..(once again my 2012 liberty can read Spotify )

Joedie B.
Joedie B.asked

How to change fan belt?

Don't, Seek a professionals help

Dean B.
Dean B.asked
MU-X

When talking to wife on hands free in her MUX it sounds like your in the engine bay as it’s very loud and hard to hear is there a setting to change or something.

Toey

Not that I am aware of Dean B. As I Amin my Mux and on hands free, no one has mentioned any distortion from their end. Sorry can’t be of more help. Try the Isuzu dealer if they can advise. Toey.

Dahwood Elmalah

Don't talk to your wife? Problem solved

Dennis W.asked
MU-X

Cannot stop the beep going off at 110. Have tried everything. Please help it is driving us insane when travelling on country or in freeways.

Toey

If you are going over the designated speed limit for that road it will beep. It will also beep if a previously fixed speed camera has been removed and your sat nav thinks it’s still there and warns you of its presence because your map is not current.

Dennis W.

I don’t believe that to be the case as we have turned the sat nav off and it still does it and only at 110 no other speed limit.

Loneranger

Go into the settings on the screen. Not easy to find, but somewhere you will find where to turn the speed alert off. I think it's part of the navigation settings from memory.
I just checked: With the GPS map on, press the three = on the RH bottom corner of the screen. Scroll across with the right arrow & you will find Speed Alert off/on.

Ross Sasked
MU-X

My Dmax automatic beeps when I select low range, is this normal?

Toey

Ross, does it say it will beep in the instruction manual that came with the vehicle?? You can always go to your local dealer and ask them in the service dept. As I don’t have a D Max I cannot offer any more suggestions. Good luck Toey

Ross S

I've read that you have to put in neutral to select low range, I did and no beeping, prior when I tried I had vehicle stopped but was in drive or forward. Thanks for your response. All ok now. Cheers fella

Lesson learned? RTFM...

Carolyn W.
Carolyn W.asked
MU-X

The remote for the rear dvd monitor has gone missing. Anyone know of something i can replace it with?

Toey

You may have to get the brand of the DVD in the mux and then go to job hifi to see if they can replace it. If you order it through your Isuzu dealer you may be slugged extra as they will say it’s an original part. Get your audio book that came with the vehicle and that may give you some information before you go looking for a replacement. Good luck Toey

Martinus D.
Martinus D.asked
MU-X

(Caution , throttle ) is displayed when accelerating normally . Just had 80000km service, 2015 mux. Is this a concern. Car runs great.

Toey

Martinus, can’t help you with this problem. I would suggest you take us back to where you had it serviced. I would think it’s passed the warranty by length of time not K’s traveled. Good luck.

Becasked
MU-X

So I just purchased an MU-X LS-U 4x4 My 18 but on the screen the phone icon is faint and when you go into Bluetooth to connect no connect icon appears. Dose this mean my car has no Bluetooth capabilities? It says I the manual it does.

Toey

Mine is a 2015 build and it has Bluetooth so you should have it also. In the manual it should tell you how to connect the car phone to your smart phone. It’s not that hard, however sometimes mine disconnects for a reason I don’t know why and I have to pair the phone up again. I realise the manual is thick, but try reading up on pairing the phone. If that fails see what your local Isuzu dealer can do for you. Good luck

Bec

Thanks read the manual and it says to press the phone icon on the Home Screen but the phone icon is faint and pressing it dose nothing. Thanks for the help will get it sorted at next service.

Dahwood Elmalah

Depends what part of 2018 your vehicle was built. There was a licensing issue with the bluetooth institute and every car had to remove the bluetooth module for a period of 3 months. You can google that. Yours might be one that is affected?

Carlo D.
Carlo D.asked

31 Jan. 2021

Hey guys. I don't know if any you have experienced this but this is what happened to my 2017 MU-X AT (4x2) earlier today.

My brother went out the car. Once the door closed, the system says, "No Electronic Key Detected" even though the key was with me inside. I got out to get the spare key. After returning and closing the door the same message still popped out. (To think that I just replaced the key batteries about 2 months ago.)

I switched the engine off and when I tried to start it, the break got tight/stiff and I can't turn it on again. (I just had the car battery replaced less than a month ago and even had the car serviced last 28 Jan 2021.)

Out of curiosity, I pressed the trigger button of the gear/shift stick several times and for some reason, the system went back to normal, the break wasn't stiff anymore and was able to start the engine again.

This is the first time that occurred and I dunno why it acted that way. Could there be a system glitch/bug that needs to be fixed?

Thanks guys!

Trev
Trevasked
MU-X

Hi All - I have a 2014 MUX from new - great vehicle but I want to update the Navigation Maps - I'm sure it can be done at a dealer (at a price) , I have downloaded the NaviTools Application and tried to get it to connet to the SD card but for an unknown reason the tool can't see the card - ps the card is working perfectly in the vehicle. Has anyone have any experience in updating these SD cards rather than visiting the dealer ?

Trev

Toey

Ok I have a 2015 mux and in late 2019 my sad card stopped working, this affected phone, radio maps, to fix this I had to get a new sad card from the dealer and my local dealer was hopeless. Tried to quote me for a full new audio system when asked for a quote on the sd card. They quoted $1200.00 when the sad card was $321.00. The card I got was updated to all roads except those still under construction or a regional town that was being diverted around. I am located in regional NSW and I ended up getting my new sad card from Newcastle Isuzu. They ordered it in and called me within 10 days so I picked it up and all has been good since then. I tried down loading new map, however had the same probs you have.

Anne-Marie and James D.
Anne-Marie and James D.asked
MU-X

I have just clocked up 45000 k's on my 2018 MUX without a single problem however when I checked the oil level today I had to top the level up by 1.5 litres .I have been getting it serviced every 15,000 k's which is the recommend service interval. I'm now thinking of doing it every 10,000k's. Has anyone had an oil consumption problem like this .I also tow a 2 ton caravan.

Toey

I have not had that issue with my 2015 MUX. Next time you have your car serviced mention it to them and see what they can advise. It’s still under warranty so take it to a Isuzu dealer

Thanks for your help I will talk to the dealer.

Renee E.asked
MU-X

My 2020 Izuzu MU-X has to be reconnected manually to bluetooth media everytime i restart the car. Is there a way to have it connect automatically. The phone connects just not music. Thank you Renee

Toey

Renée, it’s a new 2020 MUX, this is something the dealer can assist you with. I suggest you talk to them.

Renee E.

Thank you.. I did mention it to them on my first service and they were a little unsure. The manual could help but it looks like an encyclopedia.

levisc.1707
levisc.1707asked
MU-X Series II (2017-2021)

Hello everyone I have been trying to get the rear roof screen in my MUX to play my movies but I can only get it to show up on the little screen in the front while parked. Can someone please tell me with very detailed instructions.

Toey

Sorry, we have one in our mux, however it’s never used. I can’t offer any help, try speaking to your mux dealer

Maryanne
Maryanneasked
MU-X

I have a 2016 Mux wagon that has done 96000kms and the mechanic is saying the front shocks are very soft and need replacing. Anybody else had this problem as I would have thought they would not need replacing as yet and I guess it wouldn’t be covered by warranty would it??

Toey

Not being a mechanic, it would depend on the terrain the vehicle has been driven over since being purchased. You will have to take it to a Isuzu dealer to see if it’s covered by warranty. That’s all I can offer sorry.

Ron
Ronasked
MU-X

how do you turn off reverse sensor when towing

Toey

I don’t think you can as it only works when reversing. And as is not very loud in my mux it’s not a bother to me.

Hardballasked
MU-X

What happened to the MUX manual transmission?
Was all set to order one and it was dropped ftom this year's line up. Joined the ranks of Nissan, Toyota snd Mitsubishi in that regard. Sell the Ozzies 5% of what you're exporting to the US - V8 auto petrol 4WD's.
Ordered a V6 Amarok in a manual instead. Along with a 1,000 others by my reckoning. 7 month waiting list apparently. Suits me. Delivery date is July 1. Another $50k instant asset write off. Ka-ching!
Keep an eye out. I'll be the one overtaking all the autos towing vans uphill.

Toey

I have no idea, I am not into manual cars anymore and most autos have sports mode or auto down shift to hold car on lower gear. Can’t help you sorry

That's ok.
If you don't have a manual 4wd with high/low, what's the point?

floatingbeatle
floatingbeatle

Be prepared for big service costs in the Amarok. Timing chain has to be inspected every service as per Volkswagon. Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu MU-X