Isuzu MU-X

Isuzu MU-X (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Isuzu? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

Ben
Ben

Lots of small issues. Car feels unfinished.

Purchased in at Jackson Motor Company for $41,000.

Ahhhhhh Retirement.
Ahhhhhh Retirement.Victoria

Nothing to write home about

I brought my MUX early 2017 (Auto) after previously owning 2 D Max's, (Manuals). If I don't start the car at least once in 2 to 3 days it takes about a dozen pushes of the start button. Transmission lousy. Trading at the end of the year.

Purchased in .

Johnno
Johnno

Bad back up of product

Innate the LST 2014 Isuzu mux I have had my GPS upgrade 1 year after I bought it in 2014 I was told by the salesman that I would get upgrades for the GPS but when I went on to download the map it was the same one I had on mine I even went back and got it from sevice centre but still the same so if I had known at the time I would of bought the model down from the LST

Jackee
JackeeNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Great car at a reasonable price.

After much research on medium sized SUVs capable of towing a medium sized Caravan we settled on the Isuzu Mu-x. We were set on the Toyota Prado but found that we couldn't justify the extra $20k when the Mu-x had everything we wanted. We've only had it for 2 weeks and are yet to tow anything but we are happy with the car. Yes it sounds like a ute to drive but we don't mind this as it's only noticable driving around town and we do most our driving on a highway.
Our must haves were 3lt turbo diesel engine, 3t towing capacity and seats that folded down flat so you can sleep comfortably in the rear of the car. We got them all and more.

Trevor
TrevorMurray Bridge

Navigation upgrade costs

The car is very good my complaint is with the cost of the navigation up grade. Tried doing it today but stopped when I found out the costs were $200. Will just have to put up with errors that are in it. Example is on the south eastern freeway into Adelaide the speed is 90K this is on the screen but just before the two fixed cameras the voice tells you its 100K. This type of error is all the way through.

Bree S
Bree S

Great family car

We love our car, it is very roomy for the whole family and quite fuel efficient given the size of the car. We purchased this car to tow a caravan and whilst we are yet to use it for towing, we are confident that it will do the job and we will easily be able to pack everything we need into the car for a family trip away. We are a family for 4 with two young children, the car has two car seats in the middle row.

Bakpakka
BakpakkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2018 MU-X LST - Extensive research led me to this purchase. Very happy!!

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Gerry
GerryWheatbelt, WA

Did not last 150000 unsatisfactory vehicle

I brought brand new isuzu mux with rusty rotor disc and the only answer i got is that is how it is with the cars kept outside the showroom.
Its good on diesel with factory faults the brand new mux i had was sold to me with mis aligned wheels that gave me lots of worries and disappointments
Finally after the 125000 km engine warranty it ended up. Leaking coolant from between cylinder head and engine block.

• Date Purchased

Lives up to my expectations

Can't fault the economy averaged 7.6 ltr per 100klm room and comfort is good. The rear floor entry is a bit high, easy controls to use. Reliability is excellent though was expected from this proven engine. Performance it can get up and go if you want it too, I have the 2wd wish i could have afforded the 4wd thinking long term reliability that's why i got a mu-x.

Find out how Isuzu MU-X compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Great, with a few caveats.

Love the MUX. Overall a great car. Good view out, especially looking out the rear passenger side as a driver trying to see oncoming traffic.
The negatives...
We have a terrible wind whistle which we can’t find. Painful. Anyone have an answer??
Road noise is high.
Turbo lags a bit.
The rear storage unit is so tiny, almost worthless.
The ride seems to float along, bouncy is how I would describe it.
Would we buy again? Yes. If only we could stop the wind whistle!!

Pamela B
Pamela BAU

Love our latest addition Isuzu MUX

Love our MUX, can not fault anything. Our grandchildren absolutely love Grandpa's car, especially the dvd player. They think they are so cool when grandpa picks them up from school in the Isuzu. We have fun watching the grass grow and have one tree starting (an app that tells you how you are travelling ecomonically). Dealership was fantastic Harrison Isuzu, Shane sales manager and Johnathan salesman.

Peter
PeterMelbourne

After some disappointing cars the MU-X is by far the BEST car I have owned

Find out how Isuzu MU-X compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Great car, terrible customer service.

Wenna
WennaBaradine

love the car - few things to fix at service time

* km left until i have to fuel up
changes dramatically
e.g 1 minute i might have 500km left
it changes to 600 then 300km
*usb mp3 music going blank and screeching after half hr
* car pulling to right
* cruise control -car is changing back gears and revving dangerous.

Radio problem took 6 months to resolve

R Davies
R DaviesToowoomba

Very happy owner after 2 years

Very happy with our purchase. Great after sales service. We feel valued as customers. Reliable, tows well. Basic interior - which is very much a plus for us as we have kids. Easy to park but fits all we need. Flexibility of use. Exceeded our expectations, very happy to recommend.

Peter D.
Peter D.Adelaide

Great vehicle but weird beeping

Has anyone had a problem with an intermittent beeping (single 1 second beep) with a MUX (MY15)? It seems to be activated by opening the rear cargo door. It then occurs the next few times that either the rear cargo door or driver's side door is opened then goes away. When it happens, a 'CHECK SYSTEM' message appears on the driver's display. It has occurred with motor running and not running, key in close proximity to vehicle and not. Dealer has checked it but cannot replicate the problem. I'm trying the spare key at the moment to see if it's related to that.
Apart from this, the MUX is a great vehicle - on road and off road.

• Date Purchased

Noisiest car I have ever owned

I like the car but am VERY disappointed with the noise from the engine. One friend said it sounds like a B52 Bomber. Another said it sounds like a Tractor. Not exactly the kind of remarks I'd expect from a brand new car. I am actually embarrassed to drive it.

Mike

Sandy and Stephen
Sandy and StephenSydney
Gregory M
Gregory MBrisbane

Great vehicle. Love it. Yes I would buy another one.

BRILLIANT (SO FAR)

• TransmissionManual
Gail E
Gail EGreenbank

Isuzu explaination of failed in built GPS and Clarion service not satisfactory (car great very hap

Same problem 2015 isuzu mux diesal
Keema Springwood did map upgrade in Dec 2017, Jan 2018 gps failed, no gps no radio, no bluetooth etc. they sent sd card to clarion and guess what, i got a bill for $290, my fault so they say, samsung android caused the problem apparently!!!! sd card never removed by me. go figure, they have you by the balls not impressed with their explaination. still waiting for customer NO service to explain!!!

Len
LenTasmania

Great tug but a weird wind whistle and ‘floats’ along.

Extra Information