Isuzu MU-X

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Isuzu? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Expert Review

• Features
PGB
PGBSydney, NSW

New Gen 2 Isuzu MUX

Purchased in for $75,000.

Ahhhhhh Retirement.
Ahhhhhh Retirement.Victoria

Nothing to write home about

I brought my MUX early 2017 (Auto) after previously owning 2 D Max's, (Manuals). If I don't start the car at least once in 2 to 3 days it takes about a dozen pushes of the start button. Transmission lousy. Trading at the end of the year.

Purchased in .

Johnno
Johnno

Bad back up of product

Innate the LST 2014 Isuzu mux I have had my GPS upgrade 1 year after I bought it in 2014 I was told by the salesman that I would get upgrades for the GPS but when I went on to download the map it was the same one I had on mine I even went back and got it from sevice centre but still the same so if I had known at the time I would of bought the model down from the LST

Petras
PetrasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

MUX [MY16.5] LS-T FUEL CONSUMPTION

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Isuzu MU-X compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Doreenrunner
DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Test drove

I took an LST model for a test drive, I was not too impressed with the engine noise after started the car, it took like 15 minutes of riding for the engine noise to settle, during this 15min time I felt driving our old toyota diesel fj40 1981.

I think the car suspension and steering needs to be reviewed as I felt the car too loose, was not a good feeling taking a corner or trying to steer around.

I felt a lag on the engine response when you press the pedal, but once you are around 80kms response feels ok, but not great.

The finishes of theninterior are pretty good and dont feel cheap.

The equipment of the car is pretty good but I would sacrifice equipment for a better handling as the fortuner (tested and buying it).

fuel economy

My 2014 MUX has been a pleasure to drive. I bought it when I first retired and have only just gone over 30,000kms.
Unfortunately the fuel consumption has increased after each of the last two services at the dealer recommended service centre in a northern Perth suburb.
After the last service I also noticed a whistling noise when taking my foot off the gas (without breaking). Also the digital fuel indicator seems to go from 190km range to 0km range.

• BadgeLS-U
trev
trev

Nagging faults

I did my checking and could not fault from other reviews. Vehicle ran ok for the first eight months. Nagging problems with fuel gauge jumping about and blue tooth not holding my phone but learnt to live with. Then the problems started, fuel sensor packed up dealer knew straight away what was wrong. Two weeks later had to be towed in again. This time, fingers crossed they found it, rusted wiring loom to the fuel rail. Took three weeks to get fixed. Two weeks after getting car back broke down again. Third time in eleven weeks, been off the road for four of those. Told its the same problem the new fuel sensor has failed. Fingers crossed it is now fixed.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
farbar1
farbar1

Is let down by the GPS

The car drives OK but when you pay $50+K for a car you expect a GPS that works. The one in the MUX LST has maps that are out of date and they want $150 for an update. Even then, you can only get maps that are at least 12 months out of date. Not acceptable to me.

RevoKevo
RevoKevo

Three little pigs

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Isuzu MU-X compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

frysie13
frysie13asked
MU-X

I've had an issue with my 2015 MUX. The radio turns off and on by itself and the screen is bland although when it turns back on the Isuzu logo appears. It is stuck on one channel and the only function that works if the volume. I am presume the SD card is faulty?

Gordon B.
Gordon B.asked
MU-X

I suddenly can,t seem to turn off my MUX LST 22 accessories...tried everything...it says put into P and push button...but it just keeps going into and out of start without foot on brake...help...it also won,t stay locked . so anybody can open the door

John Sando
John Sandoasked
MU-X 2nd Generation 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-T (2017-2022)

Hi,
We get our new 2022 MU-X LST 4 x 4 in August.
We bought the vehicle to be our tow vehicle for our caravan.
Our caravan (Essential C Class Tourer) comes with a camera on the back of it and with a Safety Dave, SD-0109 Rear view LCD monitor for inside the car. Needs to be hard wired.
We know that in the past there was a module you could get installed to have the caravan camera connect to your MU-X screen inside the car.
So my questions are:
1. Can you plug in like normal with your caravan plug to the car and automatically connect with the screen inside the car from the camera on the caravan?
2. If you cant do 1, can you fit a module that will allow you to do this?
3. Has anyone done this to their MU-X LST 2022 model?
3. If you have what parts did you need and do you have photos please?
Appreciate what ever feedback you can give me.
Cheers, John.

Terry J.
Terry J.

Details ·

Compare all 12 Isuzu MU-X
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $53,900.00$65,900.00$59,900.00$47,900.00
Warranty Distance 150000 kms150000 kms150000 kms150000 kms
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Wheels17" Alloy20" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption8.3 L/100km7.9 L/100km7.9 L/100km8 L/100km
Engine3.0L turbo-diesel, in-line 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve with Diesel Particulate Diffuser (DPD)3.0L turbo-diesel, in-line 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve with Diesel Particulate Diffuser (DPD)3.0L turbo-diesel, in-line 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve with Diesel Particulate Diffuser (DPD)3.0L turbo-diesel, in-line 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve with Diesel Particulate Diffuser (DPD)
Engine Code4JJ3-TCX4JJ3-TCX4JJ3-TCX4JJ3-TCX
Max Power140kW @ 3600rpm140kW @ 3600rpm140kW @ 3600rpm140kW @ 3600rpm
Max Torque450Nm @ 1600-2600rpm450Nm @ 1600-2600rpm450Nm @ 1600-2600rpm450Nm @ 1600-2600rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailandThailand
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,000 kg3,000 kg3,000 kg3,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty6 year(s)6 year(s)6 year(s)6 year(s)
Dimensions