Isuzu MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-M

Isuzu MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-M (2013-2016)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

4.1
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
Toey
ToeyNorthern Region, NSW

Be careful about warranty ending

Just offering some advice on my recent experience. But before I start, I am very happy with my 2015 mux. However when I had a problem with my SD card and my vehicle was 21 days past it’s warranty period, Isuzu Ute Australia would not cover it. My local dealer who I didn’t buy the vehicle from quoted me $1200.00 for a replacement. I ended up get a new replacement SD card from another dealer for $321. It took less than 5 mins to swap over and had all the latest sat nav updates. So it’s worth while getting your vehicle thoroughly checked before the warranty expires.

Purchased in July 2017.

Gerry
GerryWheatbelt, WA

Did not last 150000 unsatisfactory vehicle

I brought brand new isuzu mux with rusty rotor disc and the only answer i got is that is how it is with the cars kept outside the showroom.
Its good on diesel with factory faults the brand new mux i had was sold to me with mis aligned wheels that gave me lots of worries and disappointments
Finally after the 125000 km engine warranty it ended up. Leaking coolant from between cylinder head and engine block.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Great, with a few caveats.

Love the MUX. Overall a great car. Good view out, especially looking out the rear passenger side as a driver trying to see oncoming traffic.
The negatives...
We have a terrible wind whistle which we can’t find. Painful. Anyone have an answer??
Road noise is high.
Turbo lags a bit.
The rear storage unit is so tiny, almost worthless.
The ride seems to float along, bouncy is how I would describe it.
Would we buy again? Yes. If only we could stop the wind whistle!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Isuzu MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-M compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

R Davies
R DaviesToowoomba

Very happy owner after 2 years

Very happy with our purchase. Great after sales service. We feel valued as customers. Reliable, tows well. Basic interior - which is very much a plus for us as we have kids. Easy to park but fits all we need. Flexibility of use. Exceeded our expectations, very happy to recommend.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Len
LenTasmania

Great tug but a weird wind whistle and ‘floats’ along.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
N.Clark
N.ClarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best vehicle I've owned to date

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned to date, it's easy to drive, park and generally maneuver.
It comes with EVERYTHING without the ridiculous price tags.
We have found it has all round comfort, plenty of leg room, air vents throughout the back as well, DVD player for the kiddies.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
THe Bear
THe BearGlenwood

extremely happy

D Max lsm crew cab now 4 years old and cannot fault it. Initially a bit thirst but at 40000 kms now getting from 7.6 to 7.9 litres per 100 kms. Pull my 4.85 Sea Jay boat beautifully. Will definately buy another, maybe an MUX next time? If not an MUX will go for the LSU version, bit more bling. Very,very happy.

TransmissionManual
HerrHighHair
HerrHighHairMelbourne

Fuel consumption

Colin H.
Colin H.Melbourne

Radio/hands free

I do not know if this is common, but my MU-X, whenever I go under High Tension Power lines, I get nothing but static on the AM band. Isuzu do not appear interested in it. Their explanation is, "sometimes this happens".
I didn't have this issue with my 2009 D-Max.

I agree with all the comments regarding the Bluetooth and it uselessness. I also had to get Isuzu to upgrade the Bluetooth microphone. That also was useless.

Anyone any thoughts on the AM band static?

Large / 7 Seater SUVs