Isuzu MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-U

Isuzu MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-U (2013-2016)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features
Greg
GregPilbara, WA

Isuzu makes trucks not cars

Its a SUV truck, sounds like a truck, tows like a truck, trucks along all day. We have had since brand new and only trouble we had when first had it was the gearbox, it wouldnt change into top sometimes while doing 100kmph or could be in top while town cruising at 40-60kmph, fixed it by towing a 3t excavator 250km in 4th.

Purchased in July 2014 for $48,990.00.

Macca
MaccaSydney, NSW

Beware of the Isuzu towbar

Purchased in September 2014.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
JWSydney, NSW

Troubles not being fixed by dealer

The car is great, easy to drive, economical and a great tow vehicle. It performs well in all conditions. Only let-down is the navigation system, the maps are outdated and dealer hasn't upgraded them, even though they have been requested to do so well before the 3 years were up; this was a complimentary service offered by Isuzu before the 3 years were up. Now Isuzu are saying it is our responsibilty at retail cost to get this done! NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Isuzu MU-X Series I 4WD 3.0L Diesel LS-U compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

We have inner guard crack too

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
joe
joecairns qld

fuel consumption

My 2015 Isuzu mux has done 45000 k's and has never missed a beat. I am getting 800 k's to a tank but this did not happen until I reached 40,000 K's and I do not think it is fully run in yet. Best vehicle I have owned. Costs much less to run than the Toyota GXL I owned and has no interior noises what so ever.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
lisha_gal
lisha_galSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love love love this car!

We purchased our MUX in 2015 and it has been the best decision we have made for a vehicle purchase ever. We will be buying another! Its roomy with so many features. We bought the top of the line with gps and dvd player. The dvd player has been a god send with the kids. Gps has been excellent also. There is nothing I do not like about his vehicle. The metallic silver is easy to clean and gorgeous to look at. A+++++

Date PurchasedDec 2015
sealegs
sealegsbunbury

Underrated and reliable

Overall I'm really impressed with its fuel economy (averaging 8.2L/100km) and low servicing costs. Reliable Isuzu engine and 55,000km later it hasn't missed a beat. One of the most underrated 4WDs out there. I have slowly added extras and the aftermarket accessories available are growing. Well done Isuzu, it's a winner.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Kiwi983
Kiwi983Mid North Coast, NSW

Best 4x4 on the market

After test driving all the 4x4 on the market the isuzu is value for money and almost faultless. The suspension is a little soft, so an upgrade is recommended for off road use. Towing 2.7 tonne is done with ease and excellent fuel economy. The over priced Toyota Prado is in no comparison with the isuzu. Ford Everest is also rated well but you might need an extra 20k with a few extras.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Tully
Tully

Perfect car for on and off the road

Great fuel economy for touring and very reliable Isuzu engine. Seem to go anywhere the ground clearance let's them including driving in heavy sand.Very powerful engine compared to a hilux 2017 best choice I've made.Great amount of space inside for kids or storage and around town has a much better turning circle than anything else.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Mcbriz
McbrizBrisbane

1st Year anniversary of the mighty MUX

Date PurchasedJune 2016

fuel economy

My 2014 MUX has been a pleasure to drive. I bought it when I first retired and have only just gone over 30,000kms.
Unfortunately the fuel consumption has increased after each of the last two services at the dealer recommended service centre in a northern Perth suburb.
After the last service I also noticed a whistling noise when taking my foot off the gas (without breaking). Also the digital fuel indicator seems to go from 190km range to 0km range.

Date PurchasedJuly 2014

Plenty of research pays off

After some 6 months of research I picked up my mid spec mux LSU great to drive perhaps a tad noisy but fuel economy is brilliant I am averaging around 8l/ 100 around town and some highway..I had put on extras as it did not include a rear camera which is a must

Early days yet but actually enjoy driving it..greta space but doesn't feel as big
I drove Prado for a week and found it felt big as well but I thought why pay another $12k..

TransmissionManual

Excellent car all round.Couple of issues - POSITIVE UPDATE

Automatic Shudder

Can anyone advise what is wrong with my 1015 DMAX Ute. On take off and stopping there is a "shudder" It seems to run rough and I am very unhappy. The vehicle has done 17000 km and it has been going on since 15000. The dealer has acknowledged the problem and advised they are working on repairing the fault. Be interested if anyone else has had a problem. I am in Western Australia.

Mozzy