Isuzu MU-X Series II 4WD 3.0L Diesel

Isuzu MU-X Series II 4WD 3.0L Diesel (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Isuzu MU-X Series II 4WD 3.0L Diesel 2020 and Isuzu MU-X Series II 4WD 3.0L Diesel 2022. LS-T, LS-U, LS-M
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features

Nlventu
NlventuSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great all round car for family and towing

Love the car so far. We have had it for a few months. A few improvements they could make would be a bigger tank and a stereo head unit that connects to Apple play. We have removed ours and replaced. Otherwise great car.

Purchased in February 2021 at Isuzu Dealers for $54,000.00.

Michael M
Michael MHunter Region, NSW

New to 4WD Vehicle

Purchased Isuzu MUX February 2020 then covid struck. Now retired and was going to travel 2020.
Have only been able to do one longish run in it so far and fuel economy excellent. Could have travelled 1000k + on a standard tank.
Good to drive, comfortable and plenty of room.
No gizmos installed like other makes, so less to go wrong.
Servicing is every 15k and I have a fixed price listing supplied to me so I know exactly what I will be paying for the next 5 years
My only complaint would be the side mirrors do not fold in unless ignition is turned on. This could allow a bike rider to approach unnoticed prior to exiting.
Would recommend this vehicle.
Regards, M

Purchased in February 2020 for $53,000.00.

Loneranger
LonerangerPortland Victoria

Extremely poor tow vehicle due to changed gearing.

Purchased in August 2020 for $57,000.00.

Taylor
Taylor

Reliable and affordable

Very impressed with the fuel economy and comfort of my new MUX. With all 7 seats up I can still fit my bugaboo bee stroller in the boot, the features and technology is great and the leather seats and red LED door lights are very stylish. We have had no troubles with this car and will not hesitate to buy another new one in 3 years time. great family car for a great price.

Purchased in May 2020 at Coffs coast Isuzu.

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Isuzu MU-X Series II 4WD 3.0L Diesel compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Great allrounder

This car is used for for commuting and towing our van. We use it most days in a mix of city and country driving. We service this car as per Isuzu spec, but may do more oil changes as I would like to see the oil kept cleaner. We have had this car for nearly 40,000 and had no issues whatsoever. These are a very basic car, with few bells and whistles, but they have a very good engine. Towing the van (17 foot) returns 13l and, country driving, can get down a low as 7.5l. My wife drives this car mostly in a mix of city driving, with some country, and, has no regard for fuel economy, she gets 9.5 to 10l mostly.

Purchased in October 2018.

mike
mikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great vehicle

Changed from a prado to the new mux.
Maybe not quite as refined but still a nice car

Good engine and gearbox Tows well 1500 kg camper. Good air conditioning and touch screen Bluetooth works good

Purchased in October 2019 at Wayne Phillis Automotive for $41,000.00.

GaryM
GaryMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brings a smile to my face

Purchased in November 2019.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
lan j.
lan j.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Basic reliable white goods on wheels

Purchased in March 2018 at Wayne Phillis Automotive for $55,500.00.

Watchmen
Watchmen

Excellent Vehicle

Two years after purchasing new, the MUX is performing as expected with no problems experienced and just scheduled services. Used for long distant drives as well as around the paddocks towing a trailer. Sometimes pulls a caravan when needed for holidays.
Very comfortable on the open road and economical averaging 9 litres per 100km and 12 when towing.
Replaced my isuzu ute based on its own reliabilty over 320,000 kms with this MUX and very happy i did.

Purchased in September 2017 at Cardiff Isuzu Ute.

Lauren Tan
Lauren TanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worth the wait

Brought this car a month ago, this is my first automatic car and have found it great. Its a bit to get throw the gears but Im probably too use to a manual. The whole car is luxury from the leather seats to the electric add ons. Eg tv and air con in the back for the kids. I use this car for longer drives but have taken it to work, the reverse camera makes parking easy. Love this car.

Purchased in October 2019 at Norris Motors .

rebekah.howard1
rebekah.howard1AU

Love the purr of this tough diesl family 4WD

Purchased in January 2018 for $39,000.00.

TerraTerrano
TerraTerranoSouth East Queensland, QLD

I've grown to love this noisy beastie that can tow houses up mountains!

Besides for being a little noisy, the engine in this vehicle is phenomenal. I tow a Majestic Knight SLE (20'6") packed up to almost 3.0 ton with very little effort. Fuel consumption towing (about 13 l/100) is equivalent to many vehicles unladen effort! With the updated interiors, the feeling of being in a much more expensive vehicle cannot be passed by. Our MU-X has just turned one years old, and every indication is that it'll still be with our family for many, many years to come. Zero problems or issues to date.

Purchased in September 2018 for $44,000.00.

Glen
GlenKanwal

Had it a month starting to love it.

Purchased in May 2018.

Ben
Ben

Lots of small issues. Car feels unfinished.

Purchased in August 2017 at Jackson Motor Company for $41,000.00.

Jackee
JackeeNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Great car at a reasonable price.

After much research on medium sized SUVs capable of towing a medium sized Caravan we settled on the Isuzu Mu-x. We were set on the Toyota Prado but found that we couldn't justify the extra $20k when the Mu-x had everything we wanted. We've only had it for 2 weeks and are yet to tow anything but we are happy with the car. Yes it sounds like a ute to drive but we don't mind this as it's only noticable driving around town and we do most our driving on a highway.
Our must haves were 3lt turbo diesel engine, 3t towing capacity and seats that folded down flat so you can sleep comfortably in the rear of the car. We got them all and more.

BadgeLS-U