Isuzu MU-X Series II  RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U

Isuzu MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Isuzu MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U 2020 and Isuzu MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U 2022.
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Isuzu

• Comfort
  • Features
Leisa
LeisaCentral Queensland, QLD

The perfect car for me....

Purchased in September 2019 at Isuzu Dealers.

Ebony
EbonySouthwest, VIC

Great practical car

We bought an MUX 2 years ago. Very good car for the price. We use it to tow a 2.7t caravan and it does it with ease. 2 things that I would change if I could would be for the keyless entry to work on all doors, not just the driver door and the boot. Also it would be great if the headlights were auto, as currently the driving lights are auto.

Purchased in December 2017.

Bree S
Bree S

Great family car

We love our car, it is very roomy for the whole family and quite fuel efficient given the size of the car. We purchased this car to tow a caravan and whilst we are yet to use it for towing, we are confident that it will do the job and we will easily be able to pack everything we need into the car for a family trip away. We are a family for 4 with two young children, the car has two car seats in the middle row.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Isuzu MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Lives up to my expectations

Can't fault the economy averaged 7.6 ltr per 100klm room and comfort is good. The rear floor entry is a bit high, easy controls to use. Reliability is excellent though was expected from this proven engine. Performance it can get up and go if you want it too, I have the 2wd wish i could have afforded the 4wd thinking long term reliability that's why i got a mu-x.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Peterasked
MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U (2017-2021)

What may be the reason for the following situation.
Right after the first free 3 monthly service was done, the transmission doesn't change up to 6th gear until the vehicle levels out at 90 Kph. This used to happen, prior to the 3 month service, at about 80 Kph.
Also the average fuel economy now, is between 8.2 & 8.4 Km \ 100 Km where it originally was between 7.7 & 7.8 Km \ 100 Km
My dealer blames a change in my driving style, the wind, the computer's lack of info, and I wasn't supposed to zero the "B" trip meter???
.I would be grateful for any help on this issue.

Peterasked
MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U (2017-2021)

Can the volume of the reversing sensor buzzer be increased cas I can't hear it!

Peter

It's obvious that Isuzu dealers know about the fault but are unwilling to do anything. These are apparently fitted by a well known company in Melbourne.
I presented to my dealer saying that although I could hear the parking sensor alarm when standing at the rear with the door open, when in the driver's seat, I could not hear it. This to meant to me that it was not fit for purpose!!! Pressing the workshop manager to do something he maintained that there was nothing that could be done! I asked him to remove the cup holder panel in the L/H rear where the sound was coming from which after some prying he did remove it, showing all the components. I thanked him for that and went on my way. the next day I had a closer look at the installation and noticed that the piezo had been glued into by it's metal drum reducing it's volume! I fitted a slightly larger piezo ( 95db under $10) and mounted it on a small bracket & attached it to a M6 hole just under where the original one was glued. Put the cover back on and it now works perfectly!!!! NO THANKS TO ISUZU UTE

Get an answer from our members and Isuzu representatives

Isuzu MU-X Series II RWD 3.0L Diesel LS-U (2017-2021)

Compare all 12 Isuzu MU-X
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $45,200
TransmissionAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypeDiesel