Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

3.0

Meadowrider

MeadowriderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer feeding

I was feeding the puppy food to all my girls and the puppies. It was great at first. You opened a bag and it smelled like roast chicken. Then about June I opened a bag and it didn't smell the same. So I tried a different bag, same thing. The mothers and pups got diarrhea and didn't want to eat. I had stool checked and there were no other issues. I changed food (immediately) and within two days their stools were normal and they were eating again. Such a shame that this good food has gone downhill so terribly. Seems to be the ongoing story of local companies selling out to big ones and quality lost.

Purchased in June 2020.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

saw a positive change overnight on this food

from the time we got our puppy he had very runny, smelly poos. We tried so many diet variations...chicken mince and rice, chicken, vegies and pasta, steamed pumpkin and over the months 5 different types of dry food. We tried Ivory Coat puppy for large breed when he was 8 months old. The change was overnight. Solid poo, not smelly and no more smelly farts. He's 10 months now and we have introduced vegies again as well as a few leftovers but always the Ivory Coat. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Barn Kangaroo Flat for A$99.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)
L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for A$104.67.

Dog Foods

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

Great ingredients, great price.

Bought this for my malinois puppy I got 2 weeks ago. got it on pet.co.nz. wanted to try the smaller bag and got the second free ( close expiry date). I don't mind. Ive gone through the first bag already and the expiry date isn't until 2 months. My pup loves her food as I use it for training. Stool isn't too smelly and is firm. Coat looks nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at pet.co.nz for A$34.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Athina

My puppy keeps vomiting when eating this

Bought this because it was recommended by a friend but my dog keeps vomiting up his dinner. I realised now after reading the reviews that it’s the food!!! Do not buy, my dog is had experienced dehydration because of this food!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for A$60.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Dad of Stella

Dad of StellaFar North Queensland, QLD

its making my dog vomit!!!!

I am very disappointed....this has been fine from 2 months old until a month ago....my pup is now 5 1/2 months....in the last month she has been consistently vomiting up her dinner meal at very late hours in the night (we thought she had been vomiting from eating our older dogs mess but now we know it it not crap making her sick but crap food!!!!) the other day she even refused to eat one meal.
something has changed, and now WE are also changing. We also live in FNQ Cairns.... I feed my older dogs prepared meals twice a day and will find another puppy dry food until she is fully grown and then swap her to the same home cooked food my others enjoy... :-)
thank y'all.... Bye: Have a Beautiful time!!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Cafe for A$106.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs eat it but they don't love it

I bought a 18Kg bag of Ivory Coat Lamb & Brown Rice Puppy. Both my Shih Tzu and Staffy are fine with it. They don't love it anymore but they eat it, maybe I should've bought a smaller bag to vary the flavour. I also mix the dry food with wet food which I change often. Wet foods I've mixed with: Nature's Gift Lamb, Eukanuna Lamb, 4 Legs Beef.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$18.00.

Viv

VivSydney, NSW

Be aware of quality issues

My 5 month indoor kitten developed diarrhea from having ivory coat kitten dry food. Initially we wont sure the source but after investigating we are now sure because every time we fed him this dry food he gets diarrhea straight away. I’m just very disappointed that the package seems quite misleading. We purchased this product from pet circle and the expiry date on the product some time in 2020.

Purchased in March 2019 at Pet Circle for A$31.00.

Dog Foods

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ivory coat is great

My dogs enjoy these biscuits. They are slightly on the bigger size so more for them to chew. Im happy with the ingrediants and less filler foods. My dog gets the low fat turkey as he suffers from pancreatitis. There could be more flavours in low fat for variety as I like to change flavours for my dogs.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$94.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!

PAL

PALasked

My dog loves Ivory Coat (low fat) BUT her breath is very smelly!
Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your question on our Ivory Coat product.
Bad breath is not expected to occur in pets fed out products, and is more commonly an indication the pet has some dental disease, particularly if they are an older animal.

If you haven’t had your dog’s teeth checked recently by your veterinarian, we’d suggest booking in to make sure there are no underlying dental problems.
Your vet clinic can also provide you with some information on maintaining your pets good dental health.
We hope this helps

Ollie

Ollieasked

Is this food a light low calorie

Lyn
Lyn

Hi Ollie. As far as I know it is not low calorie as that wasn't an issue with my dogs when I began purchasing it. I used to purchase this dog food when it first came out and Australian owned and made, now I see it is now owned by a Chinese company. Towards the mid and end of last year, my dogs would not eat it when previous years they would wolf it down and I am not sure if the recipe has changed since the change of ownership but I do not buy it anymore as I refuse to support an overseas company but most of all not a Chinese owned company. There is a very good pet food which I am now buying which is an Australian owned and made with all Australian ethically sourced ingredients called "Scratch" have a look at their Facebook page or website. Be very careful with some of the products being sold as top pet food, they are shockers.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Ollie, Great question! We have two dry food products in our range that are lower in fat and calories compared to our Adult varieties. These products are suitable for older dogs, less active dogs or for overweight dogs. You are welcome to visit our website to learn more: https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/dog-puppy-food-and-grooming/mature-dog.
We hope this information helps

Get an answer from our members and Ivory Coat representatives