Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

2.7

Louie L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrheal+vomit+KILLED! Cause damage to puppy’s kidney and stomach!

My puppy had taken both dry food and wet food with this brand for more than three months. He was totally fine with previous packages but started to have diarrhea a couple times since he took the new package from March. I noticed the size and shape were different and my puppy refused to eat anymore.
In the past 5 days, he was diagnosed with kidney and stomach damage due to Toxin!! My puppy is still in the hospital now.
Don’t buy this brand if you still want your dog alive!!!

Purchased in February 2021 at Petbarn Online store.

TomSydney, NSW

Avoid: Diarrhoea + Blood

Dog was perfectly healthy with no diarrhoea before consuming Ivory Coat. After a recommendation citing the quality of Ivory Coat dog food we made our first purchase of the brand. Our dog had diarrhoea with blood present after consuming the product. We didn't think it would be from Ivory Coat so took other food items out of her diet but the diarrhoea only stopped after we stopped feeding her this product.

I wish we did more research online, it seems the ingredients have been alerted somewhat recently and this is now a common occurrence. I would recommend avoiding completely.

Purchased in November 2020.

Meadowrider

MeadowriderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer feeding

I was feeding the puppy food to all my girls and the puppies. It was great at first. You opened a bag and it smelled like roast chicken. Then about June I opened a bag and it didn't smell the same. So I tried a different bag, same thing. The mothers and pups got diarrhea and didn't want to eat. I had stool checked and there were no other issues. I changed food (immediately) and within two days their stools were normal and they were eating again. Such a shame that this good food has gone downhill so terribly. Seems to be the ongoing story of local companies selling out to big ones and quality lost.

Purchased in June 2020.

Dog Foods

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

saw a positive change overnight on this food

from the time we got our puppy he had very runny, smelly poos. We tried so many diet variations...chicken mince and rice, chicken, vegies and pasta, steamed pumpkin and over the months 5 different types of dry food. We tried Ivory Coat puppy for large breed when he was 8 months old. The change was overnight. Solid poo, not smelly and no more smelly farts. He's 10 months now and we have introduced vegies again as well as a few leftovers but always the Ivory Coat. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Barn Kangaroo Flat for $99.00.

Side EffectsNo
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)
L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for $104.67.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Great ingredients, great price.

Bought this for my malinois puppy I got 2 weeks ago. got it on pet.co.nz. wanted to try the smaller bag and got the second free ( close expiry date). I don't mind. Ive gone through the first bag already and the expiry date isn't until 2 months. My pup loves her food as I use it for training. Stool isn't too smelly and is firm. Coat looks nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at pet.co.nz for $34.99.

Athina

My puppy keeps vomiting when eating this

Bought this because it was recommended by a friend but my dog keeps vomiting up his dinner. I realised now after reading the reviews that it’s the food!!! Do not buy, my dog is had experienced dehydration because of this food!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for $60.00.

Dad of Stella

Dad of StellaFar North Queensland, QLD

its making my dog vomit!!!!

I am very disappointed....this has been fine from 2 months old until a month ago....my pup is now 5 1/2 months....in the last month she has been consistently vomiting up her dinner meal at very late hours in the night (we thought she had been vomiting from eating our older dogs mess but now we know it it not crap making her sick but crap food!!!!) the other day she even refused to eat one meal.
something has changed, and now WE are also changing. We also live in FNQ Cairns.... I feed my older dogs prepared meals twice a day and will find another puppy dry food until she is fully grown and then swap her to the same home cooked food my others enjoy... :-)
thank y'all.... Bye: Have a Beautiful time!!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Cafe for $106.00.

Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs eat it but they don't love it

I bought a 18Kg bag of Ivory Coat Lamb & Brown Rice Puppy. Both my Shih Tzu and Staffy are fine with it. They don't love it anymore but they eat it, maybe I should've bought a smaller bag to vary the flavour. I also mix the dry food with wet food which I change often. Wet foods I've mixed with: Nature's Gift Lamb, Eukanuna Lamb, 4 Legs Beef.

Purchased in December 2019.

Dog Foods

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $18.00.

Viv

VivSydney, NSW

Be aware of quality issues

My 5 month indoor kitten developed diarrhea from having ivory coat kitten dry food. Initially we wont sure the source but after investigating we are now sure because every time we fed him this dry food he gets diarrhea straight away. I’m just very disappointed that the package seems quite misleading. We purchased this product from pet circle and the expiry date on the product some time in 2020.

Purchased in March 2019 at Pet Circle for $31.00.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ivory coat is great

My dogs enjoy these biscuits. They are slightly on the bigger size so more for them to chew. Im happy with the ingrediants and less filler foods. My dog gets the low fat turkey as he suffers from pancreatitis. There could be more flavours in low fat for variety as I like to change flavours for my dogs.

Purchased in December 2018 for $94.00.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!