Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

LinB

LinBPerth, WA

Wouldn’t buy it again

My little Australian terrier developed bloody stools after eating this and I have now changed her diet and she is fine. I gave the biscuits to a friend and she had to take her dog to the vet today with the same problem. I think this product needs to be taken off the shelves ! Even the girl in the pet shop said they had had a few complaints. If you care about our dogs this product must be removed! Don’t feed to your dig!

Purchased in February 2021 for $35.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon

JessicaSydney, NSW

Something has defintely changed with this product

My cav has been eating Ivory Coat for nearly 3 years. I purchased a big 13 kg bag about 6 weeks ago ready the new year. She now hates it! It does not look or smell the same anymore. There has definitely been a change. There must be a bad batch or something because I googled and found all these other complaints with similar issues. I never complain about anything, but there is something wrong with this pet food now. Don't buy it!

I tried to contact the company and have been unsuccessful.

Purchased in December 2020.

Shari C

Shari CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ivory Coat has certainly changed, and not in a good way

Purchased for $120.00.

Your friend

Your friendSydney

Recent packet of Lamb & Kangaroo causing diarrhea

After reading all the recent comments here, it makes sense why my dog has had diarrhea since he started feeding on the new packet. He had no problems with the old packet we got. To confirm I stopped feeding him for a couple of days and his diarrhea stopped. Feeding it again re-started his diarrhea. Ivory coat has changed for worse.

Purchased in February 2021.

Boyd

BoydLaunceston

Ivory Coat no longer what it used to be

Purchased in November 2020 at Petbarn Online store.

MimiWA

It's changed for the worse

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Physical store for $34.00.

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo, Lamb & Sardine and Turkey & Duck

SummerSkye

SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No longer buying

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine and Lamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)
Roxy

RoxySouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog is unwell after eating this food

Purchased in September 2020 at Pet Circle for $95.00.

Chun.Qin

Chun.QinSydney

What was once great is no more.

Still changed somewhere in the last two 13kg bags. Still changed and absolutely stinks. A good stool should be quite odourless even for faeces standards. Dog breath too. My family and I have been using ivory coat for over 5 yrs now. Rest in peace.

Purchased in September 2020 at Petbarn.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo and Turkey & Duck

Vomiting

When our dog turned 2 we switched to the adult range and immediately he started vomiting. Have switched back to the lamb based puppy formula. However, we have been advised that this dog food is not good.

Purchased in July 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine
Jennifer O.

Jennifer O.Gippsland, VIC

Ditch this product ASAP!

We’ve fed our schnauzer Ivory coat for her whole life - 3.5yrs. In Aug 2020 she started vomiting blood & had diarrhea so badly We had to take her to Bet where she stayed overnight for hydration & monitoring. She was a VERY sick girl. And the $1000 vet bill was also hard to swallow! Upon chatting to our local pet shop I found they no longer sells it due to the terrible horror stories of dogs getting sick. She said the company have been bought by a Chinese company whose standards aren’t nearly as regulated. I have ditched it for another brand now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for $90.00.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Great Ingredients but can't stand associated farts

Made my dog have the most foul farts of his entire life. It's too bad we love the ingredients and thought it would be good food for him. He loves the taste but the aftermath is insufferable. Going back to Blackhawk asap just for the fresh air.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bishops for $125.00.

joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I've been using the puppy Ivory coat on our 13 mth old boy and he has had a beautifully shiny coat and no smell to him and he loved it!!! Just bought first bag of adult, Lamb and he really is not happy with it, he now has really bad breath and he smells !!!! Also I have noticed he is shedding so much hair, where before he hardly shed any........ very disappointed considering the price for this food.

Purchased in June 2020 for $110.00.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Very sick dog after eating Ivory Coat :(

I bought this a week ago & since introducing it, my dog has been vomiting & very lethargic. Totally not her usual energetic self. I don't recommend this product at all! Such a shame as the idea of natural, grain free is what our pets deserve!

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Jen

JenFar North Queensland, QLD

Product changed

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Olivia

OliviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The ingredients have changed and is making my dogs sick

I have been buying this brand for several years now but something has definitely changed over the past ~4 months. The kibble is now foul smelling and is making my dogs vomit. I originally thought it was just an off bag but then I bought another one and had the exact same issue. One of my dogs has been on this brand since he was a puppy but I will definitely be changing now.

Purchased in April 2020.

Gill

GillPerth, WA

Chicken and coconut oil.

My dogs have are ivory coat for 3 years with no problems. I bought the chicken and coconut oil and started it on the Friday, by the sunday, one of my dogs became very unwell with gastro. It has took over 2 weeks for him to get better. At one point it was touch and go with him. We think it was the food as due to quarantine we haven't been anywhere and the smell coming from the new large bag was overpowering. I will never buy this flavour again!

Purchased in April 2020 at PetStock for $129.00.

Disappointing

Bought this after being told it was good. Both dog's now have reflux which is new and one is occasionally vomiting. Shame I bought the giant bag for while in quarantine. Have no way of returning the bag as I am rural and takes hours to drive to a shop.

Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck
Shell

Thanks for that but it would take over an hour to drive back to where I bought it from. Also, I did introduce the food slowly. Over weeks not days.

Maggie

MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changing brands....

We have also been using Ivory Coat for nearly 3 years but the last 2 bags (chicken and coconut grain free) have had a pretty awful smell and the kibble is a much darker colour. I am now researching other brands.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn.

Side EffectsNo
See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!