Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

May 2021 - DO NOT BUY - INGREDIENTS HAVE CHANGED

I had both a Maltese 9 month old and a 15 month old on this food. The 15 month old had diarrea and vomiting. I took him to vet immediately. That same evening the breeder who buys the same food said the same had happened to both my pup's parents and siblings of this litter and also a more recent litter. All were using Ivory Coat food, all living in different areas. My dog has since switched to Hills Science Digestive and is on the road to recovery. Ivory Coat you should recall this product! Shame on you.

Purchased in May 2021 for $120.00.

LinB
LinBPerth, WA

Wouldn’t buy it again

My little Australian terrier developed bloody stools after eating this and I have now changed her diet and she is fine. I gave the biscuits to a friend and she had to take her dog to the vet today with the same problem. I think this product needs to be taken off the shelves ! Even the girl in the pet shop said they had had a few complaints. If you care about our dogs this product must be removed! Don’t feed to your dig!

Purchased in February 2021 for $35.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon

Shari C
Shari CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ivory Coat has certainly changed, and not in a good way

Purchased for $120.00.

Your friend
Your friendSydney

Recent packet of Lamb & Kangaroo causing diarrhea

After reading all the recent comments here, it makes sense why my dog has had diarrhea since he started feeding on the new packet. He had no problems with the old packet we got. To confirm I stopped feeding him for a couple of days and his diarrhea stopped. Feeding it again re-started his diarrhea. Ivory coat has changed for worse.

Purchased in February 2021.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo
Boyd
BoydLaunceston

Ivory Coat no longer what it used to be

Purchased in November 2020 at Petbarn Online store.

MimiWA

It's changed for the worse

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Physical store for $34.00.

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo, Lamb & Sardine and Turkey & Duck
Chun.Qin
Chun.QinSydney

What was once great is no more.

Still changed somewhere in the last two 13kg bags. Still changed and absolutely stinks. A good stool should be quite odourless even for faeces standards. Dog breath too. My family and I have been using ivory coat for over 5 yrs now. Rest in peace.

Purchased in September 2020 at Petbarn.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo and Turkey & Duck

Vomiting

When our dog turned 2 we switched to the adult range and immediately he started vomiting. Have switched back to the lamb based puppy formula. However, we have been advised that this dog food is not good.

Purchased in July 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine

Jennifer O.
Jennifer O.Gippsland, VIC

Ditch this product ASAP!

We’ve fed our schnauzer Ivory coat for her whole life - 3.5yrs. In Aug 2020 she started vomiting blood & had diarrhea so badly We had to take her to Bet where she stayed overnight for hydration & monitoring. She was a VERY sick girl. And the $1000 vet bill was also hard to swallow! Upon chatting to our local pet shop I found they no longer sells it due to the terrible horror stories of dogs getting sick. She said the company have been bought by a Chinese company whose standards aren’t nearly as regulated. I have ditched it for another brand now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for $90.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo

Sharon
SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I've been using the puppy Ivory coat on our 13 mth old boy and he has had a beautifully shiny coat and no smell to him and he loved it!!! Just bought first bag of adult, Lamb and he really is not happy with it, he now has really bad breath and he smells !!!! Also I have noticed he is shedding so much hair, where before he hardly shed any........ very disappointed considering the price for this food.

Purchased in June 2020 for $110.00.

Lisa V
Lisa V

Very sick dog after eating Ivory Coat :(

I bought this a week ago & since introducing it, my dog has been vomiting & very lethargic. Totally not her usual energetic self. I don't recommend this product at all! Such a shame as the idea of natural, grain free is what our pets deserve!

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Jen
JenFar North Queensland, QLD

Product changed

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Olivia
OliviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The ingredients have changed and is making my dogs sick

I have been buying this brand for several years now but something has definitely changed over the past ~4 months. The kibble is now foul smelling and is making my dogs vomit. I originally thought it was just an off bag but then I bought another one and had the exact same issue. One of my dogs has been on this brand since he was a puppy but I will definitely be changing now.

Purchased in April 2020.

Gill
GillPerth, WA

Chicken and coconut oil.

My dogs have are ivory coat for 3 years with no problems. I bought the chicken and coconut oil and started it on the Friday, by the sunday, one of my dogs became very unwell with gastro. It has took over 2 weeks for him to get better. At one point it was touch and go with him. We think it was the food as due to quarantine we haven't been anywhere and the smell coming from the new large bag was overpowering. I will never buy this flavour again!

Purchased in April 2020 at PetStock for $129.00.

Disappointing

Bought this after being told it was good. Both dog's now have reflux which is new and one is occasionally vomiting. Shame I bought the giant bag for while in quarantine. Have no way of returning the bag as I am rural and takes hours to drive to a shop.

Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck
Shell

Thanks for that but it would take over an hour to drive back to where I bought it from. Also, I did introduce the food slowly. Over weeks not days.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.
kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy
Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!