Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Satisfied

I have been feeding ivory coat (variety of flavours) to my four dogs for years. We have never had an issue.
As well not one of my customers over the last four years have every complained about their dogs health while on this brand. Nor have I ever received a recall on any batch of this brand. ’m in a small area with majority of my customers buying regularly from me so if there was an issue with any of their dogs being unwell I would be sure to know about it.
I find dogs have very sensitive guts and switching is quite hard on them. Some foods work some just don’t agree with them. Transitioning from one brand to another should be a 12-14 day process. Find what works And stick with it.

Purchased in May 2021.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Side EffectsNo

Hi there,
Thank so much for your feedback on our Ivory Coat products and for your support of our brand!

Simon C

Ok I rate it, but reading reviews, sold to Chinese and changing size of kibble and diarrhoea concerns me greatly

I've used the Ivory Coat for years. I've tried several other brands and several have had mouldy kibble (white mould).
Never had bad mould.
I did notice in the September October time frame my seal on the 2 kg bag was different. Thinner and didn't seal as easily. I have noticed now this is the norm.
Sometimes my dogs stools are soft, I generally use the puppy variety which is the chicken flavour and smaller kibble.
Haven't noticed any size change in the Kibble, but going to research when this company was bought by Chinese company as that's the time when things change.

Like when they tried changing the flavour of bbq shapes, anyone still remember that?

Maybe it's time to look for an alternative. I do rate this kibble though.

Purchased in November 2019 for $31.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side EffectsNo
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken (for Puppy)
Simon C

So I've decided to go off Ivory Coat after doing a test the last month noting my dogs are getting sick both vomit and diarahhea eating the ivory coat after its two weeks old.

Other Dog Foods

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.
kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy
Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!