Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

3.2 from 57 reviews · View Details

4.4

saw a positive change overnight on this food

from the time we got our puppy he had very runny, smelly poos. We tried so many diet variations...chicken mince and rice, chicken, vegies and pasta, steamed pumpkin and over the months 5 different types of dry food. We tried Ivory Coat puppy for large breed when he was 8 months old. The change was overnight. Solid poo, not smelly and no more smelly farts. He's 10 months now and we have introduced vegies again as well as a few leftovers but always the Ivory Coat. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Barn Kangaroo Flat for A$99.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)

Great ingredients, great price.

Bought this for my malinois puppy I got 2 weeks ago. got it on pet.co.nz. wanted to try the smaller bag and got the second free ( close expiry date). I don't mind. Ive gone through the first bag already and the expiry date isn't until 2 months. My pup loves her food as I use it for training. Stool isn't too smelly and is firm. Coat looks nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at pet.co.nz for A$34.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs eat it but they don't love it

I bought a 18Kg bag of Ivory Coat Lamb & Brown Rice Puppy. Both my Shih Tzu and Staffy are fine with it. They don't love it anymore but they eat it, maybe I should've bought a smaller bag to vary the flavour. I also mix the dry food with wet food which I change often. Wet foods I've mixed with: Nature's Gift Lamb, Eukanuna Lamb, 4 Legs Beef.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Maggie

MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changing brands....

We have also been using Ivory Coat for nearly 3 years but the last 2 bags (chicken and coconut grain free) have had a pretty awful smell and the kibble is a much darker colour. I am now researching other brands.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn.

JH

JHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This product has changed!

We’ve been using Ivory Coat Grain Free Chicken and Coconut Oil for a long time now, with no problems. Unfortunately the last bag we bought had a different and very distinct smell. Our dog has started to refuse it. Such a shame, because we’ve had no issues up until now. We’re concerned and have decided to try another brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Simon C

Ok I rate it, but reading reviews, sold to Chinese and changing size of kibble and diarrhoea concerns me greatly

I've used the Ivory Coat for years. I've tried several other brands and several have had mouldy kibble (white mould).
Never had bad mould.
I did notice in the September October time frame my seal on the 2 kg bag was different. Thinner and didn't seal as easily. I have noticed now this is the norm.
Sometimes my dogs stools are soft, I generally use the puppy variety which is the chicken flavour and smaller kibble.
Haven't noticed any size change in the Kibble, but going to research when this company was bought by Chinese company as that's the time when things change.

Like when they tried changing the flavour of bbq shapes, anyone still remember that?

Maybe it's time to look for an alternative. I do rate this kibble though.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$31.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Simon C

So I've decided to go off Ivory Coat after doing a test the last month noting my dogs are getting sick both vomit and diarahhea eating the ivory coat after its two weeks old.

Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$18.00.

Lily

LilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for sensitive tummy

our dog have such a sensitive tummy and also picky eater. we tried a few brands of food and so glad that we found ivory coat. our doggy loves it and leave no food behind (i mean it when i say she is a picky eater. we used to need to hand feed her)

Purchased in January 2017 at Petbarn for A$120.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo, Lamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed) and Ocean Fish & Salmon
Rosie

Rosie

Perfect for dog with allergy

Switched to grain free Chicken and Coconut Oil Flavour for one of my dogs as a suggestion from the vet. Has worked well and her coat is amazing on it!

Purchased in October 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for A$116.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the great feedback. We're thrilled to hear your dog is going well on our Ivory Coat dry food!

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

My dogs enjoy this product!

My four dogs do enjoy eating this dry kibble and seem to thrive on it! I will buy it again and can recommend it to others. There is a nice choice in products to choose from and, I tend to vary my purchases so that my dogs can experience a change! So far they are eating with relish!

Tim C.

Tim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent chow for the fur animals

Our two ridgeback cross mastiffs love their Ivory Coat feed.. A wewk after we starting feeding them this we saw massive changes in their behaviour and health for the positive.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetStock for A$119.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Excellent super premium brand Australian made dog food

My schnauzer loved the salmon one. It's very tasty.
He was on WELLNESS prior to it, and obviously likes this one more.
He's a slow and fussy eater usually but he literally gulps down these biscuits like crazy, never seen him do that before, they must smell and taste better. Got mine from Petbarn, a good idea is to look at sales online then get them to match prices. I got a 13kg back for around a hundred bucks.

Purchased in June 2019 at Petbarn for A$100.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Susan

SusanNewcastle NSW

Why do some Ivory Coat bags say "HYPOALLERGENIC" & other Ivory Coat bags only say GRAIN FREE??

Purchased in April 2019 at Pet Circle Online store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior
Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ivory coat is great

My dogs enjoy these biscuits. They are slightly on the bigger size so more for them to chew. Im happy with the ingrediants and less filler foods. My dog gets the low fat turkey as he suffers from pancreatitis. There could be more flavours in low fat for variety as I like to change flavours for my dogs.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$94.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dog food, comes highly recommended by vets!

Purchased in April 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for A$32.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Consumer advocate

Consumer advocateSydney, NSW

Yum yum

My little furball loves this brand. It comes recommended from a number of vets and fancy pets stores . Although a little pricey for dog food I feel good knowing that my pup loves his dinner and it's healthy. Sprinkle with a few cooked chicken pieces and it's 5 stars from Brutus.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$30.00.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!

PAL

PALasked

My dog loves Ivory Coat (low fat) BUT her breath is very smelly!
Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your question on our Ivory Coat product.
Bad breath is not expected to occur in pets fed out products, and is more commonly an indication the pet has some dental disease, particularly if they are an older animal.

If you haven’t had your dog’s teeth checked recently by your veterinarian, we’d suggest booking in to make sure there are no underlying dental problems.
Your vet clinic can also provide you with some information on maintaining your pets good dental health.
We hope this helps

Ollie

Ollieasked

Is this food a light low calorie

Lyn
Lyn

Hi Ollie. As far as I know it is not low calorie as that wasn't an issue with my dogs when I began purchasing it. I used to purchase this dog food when it first came out and Australian owned and made, now I see it is now owned by a Chinese company. Towards the mid and end of last year, my dogs would not eat it when previous years they would wolf it down and I am not sure if the recipe has changed since the change of ownership but I do not buy it anymore as I refuse to support an overseas company but most of all not a Chinese owned company. There is a very good pet food which I am now buying which is an Australian owned and made with all Australian ethically sourced ingredients called "Scratch" have a look at their Facebook page or website. Be very careful with some of the products being sold as top pet food, they are shockers.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Ollie, Great question! We have two dry food products in our range that are lower in fat and calories compared to our Adult varieties. These products are suitable for older dogs, less active dogs or for overweight dogs. You are welcome to visit our website to learn more: https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/dog-puppy-food-and-grooming/mature-dog.
We hope this information helps

Get an answer from our members and Ivory Coat representatives