Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

3.2 from 57 reviews · View Details

1.5

Vomiting

When our dog turned 2 we switched to the adult range and immediately he started vomiting. Have switched back to the lamb based puppy formula. However, we have been advised that this dog food is not good.

Purchased in July 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine
Jennifer O.

Jennifer O.Gippsland, VIC

Ditch this product ASAP!

We’ve fed our schnauzer Ivory coat for her whole life - 3.5yrs. In Aug 2020 she started vomiting blood & had diarrhea so badly We had to take her to Bet where she stayed overnight for hydration & monitoring. She was a VERY sick girl. And the $1000 vet bill was also hard to swallow! Upon chatting to our local pet shop I found they no longer sells it due to the terrible horror stories of dogs getting sick. She said the company have been bought by a Chinese company whose standards aren’t nearly as regulated. I have ditched it for another brand now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for A$90.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Meadowrider

MeadowriderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer feeding

I was feeding the puppy food to all my girls and the puppies. It was great at first. You opened a bag and it smelled like roast chicken. Then about June I opened a bag and it didn't smell the same. So I tried a different bag, same thing. The mothers and pups got diarrhea and didn't want to eat. I had stool checked and there were no other issues. I changed food (immediately) and within two days their stools were normal and they were eating again. Such a shame that this good food has gone downhill so terribly. Seems to be the ongoing story of local companies selling out to big ones and quality lost.

Purchased in June 2020.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

The flatulence is unbearable!

My two Current collie x dogs, 14yo and 20mths old have always had a varied diet of raw meaty bones and vegetables mostly. Different brands of kibble have always been part of it. Like Royal Canin, Blackhawk, Instinctive Bites, Etc. in over 18 years of feeding my dogs I have never experienced such regularly occurring foul smelling flatulence of both of them. Only hours after each meal. The product I bought is Grainfree Turkey & Duck.

Purchased in August 2020 at Petcircle for A$99.00.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Great Ingredients but can't stand associated farts

Made my dog have the most foul farts of his entire life. It's too bad we love the ingredients and thought it would be good food for him. He loves the taste but the aftermath is insufferable. Going back to Blackhawk asap just for the fresh air.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bishops for A$125.00.

Lollygirl86

Lollygirl86Perth, WA

Severe illness due to potential contamination

Bad batches of this food may be circulating (May-September 2020). My dogs became gravely ill with severe vomiting and diahorrea while on this food, so did my friend's dog, and I see the reports of other dogs becoming ill on this review thread. This food should be pulled from all Australian shelves and subjected to independent, extensive testing covering a broad scope of potential toxins because clearly, the testing the company carries out on each batch before release is not sufficient for safety. Readers, feel free to inbox me for help and/or support if your dog has become sick.

joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I've been using the puppy Ivory coat on our 13 mth old boy and he has had a beautifully shiny coat and no smell to him and he loved it!!! Just bought first bag of adult, Lamb and he really is not happy with it, he now has really bad breath and he smells !!!! Also I have noticed he is shedding so much hair, where before he hardly shed any........ very disappointed considering the price for this food.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$110.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for A$104.67.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Very sick dog after eating Ivory Coat :(

I bought this a week ago & since introducing it, my dog has been vomiting & very lethargic. Totally not her usual energetic self. I don't recommend this product at all! Such a shame as the idea of natural, grain free is what our pets deserve!

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Athina

My puppy keeps vomiting when eating this

Bought this because it was recommended by a friend but my dog keeps vomiting up his dinner. I realised now after reading the reviews that it’s the food!!! Do not buy, my dog is had experienced dehydration because of this food!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for A$60.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Dad of Stella

Dad of StellaFar North Queensland, QLD

its making my dog vomit!!!!

I am very disappointed....this has been fine from 2 months old until a month ago....my pup is now 5 1/2 months....in the last month she has been consistently vomiting up her dinner meal at very late hours in the night (we thought she had been vomiting from eating our older dogs mess but now we know it it not crap making her sick but crap food!!!!) the other day she even refused to eat one meal.
something has changed, and now WE are also changing. We also live in FNQ Cairns.... I feed my older dogs prepared meals twice a day and will find another puppy dry food until she is fully grown and then swap her to the same home cooked food my others enjoy... :-)
thank y'all.... Bye: Have a Beautiful time!!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Cafe for A$106.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Jen

JenFar North Queensland, QLD

Product changed

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Olivia

OliviaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The ingredients have changed and is making my dogs sick

I have been buying this brand for several years now but something has definitely changed over the past ~4 months. The kibble is now foul smelling and is making my dogs vomit. I originally thought it was just an off bag but then I bought another one and had the exact same issue. One of my dogs has been on this brand since he was a puppy but I will definitely be changing now.

Purchased in April 2020.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Gill

GillPerth, WA

Chicken and coconut oil.

My dogs have are ivory coat for 3 years with no problems. I bought the chicken and coconut oil and started it on the Friday, by the sunday, one of my dogs became very unwell with gastro. It has took over 2 weeks for him to get better. At one point it was touch and go with him. We think it was the food as due to quarantine we haven't been anywhere and the smell coming from the new large bag was overpowering. I will never buy this flavour again!

Purchased in April 2020 at PetStock for A$129.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Disappointing

Bought this after being told it was good. Both dog's now have reflux which is new and one is occasionally vomiting. Shame I bought the giant bag for while in quarantine. Have no way of returning the bag as I am rural and takes hours to drive to a shop.

Shell

Thanks for that but it would take over an hour to drive back to where I bought it from. Also, I did introduce the food slowly. Over weeks not days.

Danielle K.

Danielle K.Sydney, NSW

They've changed the formula

My dog has eaten this her whole life ( 2.5 years) & eaten the same flavour ( turkey and duck) with no issues- she loved it. However, when i opened the latest new bag i noticed the kibble biscuits were half the size of before and very coated in what I'll call seasoning...? She was eating it reluctantly but started to have noticeable digestive issues ( foul smelling stools and gas) then just flat out refused it. They never answer the phone & i returned the bag for a refund. She is fine now she's not eating the ivory coat.

Purchased in December 2019 at Petbarn Online store for A$26.00.

LynOsmington Western Australia

Noticed a change

I had been purchasing Ivory Coat Grain Free for my two dogs since it first came out and was always happy and the dogs loved it but now with the last 2 bags purchased, they have often refused to eat it and one particularly, will walk away and go hungry. I have noticed that on occasions, one of the dogs particularly ends up with an upset stomach for no reason and I can only put it down to the Ivory Coat. I have now stopped buying it

Purchased in November 2019.

Lorraine

LorraineSouth Australia

Disapointed

I have been feeding my rotti kangaroo and lamb for three years now I bought a bag 13kg and noticed the kibble was really small and since I have opened the bag and fed him his stool has been sloppy now he only gets that food nothing else so I know it has something to do with the biscuits have you changed anything.

Girl

GirlPerth, WA

Dont try it

Bought it yesterday, my pup loved it but now he is having diarrhoea! I think I fell for the good reviews and bought this pricey bag , which Im regretting now.

Purchased in November 2019 at City Farmers for A$136.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon
See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!

PAL

PALasked

My dog loves Ivory Coat (low fat) BUT her breath is very smelly!
Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your question on our Ivory Coat product.
Bad breath is not expected to occur in pets fed out products, and is more commonly an indication the pet has some dental disease, particularly if they are an older animal.

If you haven’t had your dog’s teeth checked recently by your veterinarian, we’d suggest booking in to make sure there are no underlying dental problems.
Your vet clinic can also provide you with some information on maintaining your pets good dental health.
We hope this helps

Ollie

Ollieasked

Is this food a light low calorie

Lyn

Hi Ollie. As far as I know it is not low calorie as that wasn't an issue with my dogs when I began purchasing it. I used to purchase this dog food when it first came out and Australian owned and made, now I see it is now owned by a Chinese company. Towards the mid and end of last year, my dogs would not eat it when previous years they would wolf it down and I am not sure if the recipe has changed since the change of ownership but I do not buy it anymore as I refuse to support an overseas company but most of all not a Chinese owned company. There is a very good pet food which I am now buying which is an Australian owned and made with all Australian ethically sourced ingredients called "Scratch" have a look at their Facebook page or website. Be very careful with some of the products being sold as top pet food, they are shockers.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Ollie, Great question! We have two dry food products in our range that are lower in fat and calories compared to our Adult varieties. These products are suitable for older dogs, less active dogs or for overweight dogs. You are welcome to visit our website to learn more: https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/dog-puppy-food-and-grooming/mature-dog.
We hope this information helps

Get an answer from our members and Ivory Coat representatives