Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

1.4

LinB

LinBPerth, WA

Wouldn’t buy it again

My little Australian terrier developed bloody stools after eating this and I have now changed her diet and she is fine. I gave the biscuits to a friend and she had to take her dog to the vet today with the same problem. I think this product needs to be taken off the shelves ! Even the girl in the pet shop said they had had a few complaints. If you care about our dogs this product must be removed! Don’t feed to your dig!

Purchased in February 2021 for $35.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon

Louie L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrheal+vomit+KILLED! Cause damage to puppy’s kidney and stomach!

My puppy had taken both dry food and wet food with this brand for more than three months. He was totally fine with previous packages but started to have diarrhea a couple times since he took the new package from March. I noticed the size and shape were different and my puppy refused to eat anymore.
In the past 5 days, he was diagnosed with kidney and stomach damage due to Toxin!! My puppy is still in the hospital now.
Don’t buy this brand if you still want your dog alive!!!

Purchased in February 2021 at Petbarn Online store.

TomSydney, NSW

Avoid: Diarrhoea + Blood

Dog was perfectly healthy with no diarrhoea before consuming Ivory Coat. After a recommendation citing the quality of Ivory Coat dog food we made our first purchase of the brand. Our dog had diarrhoea with blood present after consuming the product. We didn't think it would be from Ivory Coat so took other food items out of her diet but the diarrhoea only stopped after we stopped feeding her this product.

I wish we did more research online, it seems the ingredients have been alerted somewhat recently and this is now a common occurrence. I would recommend avoiding completely.

Purchased in November 2020.

Shari C

Shari CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ivory Coat has certainly changed, and not in a good way

Purchased for $120.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil
Your friend

Your friendSydney

Recent packet of Lamb & Kangaroo causing diarrhea

After reading all the recent comments here, it makes sense why my dog has had diarrhea since he started feeding on the new packet. He had no problems with the old packet we got. To confirm I stopped feeding him for a couple of days and his diarrhea stopped. Feeding it again re-started his diarrhea. Ivory coat has changed for worse.

Purchased in February 2021.

Boyd

BoydLaunceston

Ivory Coat no longer what it used to be

Purchased in November 2020 at Petbarn Online store.

James CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been buying for 5 Years, No More

We first started with this brand around 5 years ago (wet and dry) after having read such great reviews. It’s been great, never had an issue. Something has clearly changed within 2020 with the food, it no longer smells or looks the same. Dog has been having bad skin allergies and trips to the vet and after changing brands it improved instantly as well as friends observing how happy our Moodle looks again. Something is not right with this food, should be avoided now it’s changed. Seems other reviewers are experiencing the exact same issues.

Purchased in September 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo and Ocean Fish & Salmon

MimiWA

It's changed for the worse

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Physical store for $34.00.

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo, Lamb & Sardine and Turkey & Duck
SummerSkye

SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No longer buying

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine and Lamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)

Em B.

Em B.Perth, WA

My dog became extremely unwell on this crap. One star is too many

• +3Thumbnail

Purchased in October 2020 at City Farmers for $116.99.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey (Reduced Fat/Senior)
Roxy

RoxySouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog is unwell after eating this food

Purchased in September 2020 at Pet Circle for $95.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil

Vomiting

When our dog turned 2 we switched to the adult range and immediately he started vomiting. Have switched back to the lamb based puppy formula. However, we have been advised that this dog food is not good.

Purchased in July 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine

Jennifer O.

Jennifer O.Gippsland, VIC

Ditch this product ASAP!

We’ve fed our schnauzer Ivory coat for her whole life - 3.5yrs. In Aug 2020 she started vomiting blood & had diarrhea so badly We had to take her to Bet where she stayed overnight for hydration & monitoring. She was a VERY sick girl. And the $1000 vet bill was also hard to swallow! Upon chatting to our local pet shop I found they no longer sells it due to the terrible horror stories of dogs getting sick. She said the company have been bought by a Chinese company whose standards aren’t nearly as regulated. I have ditched it for another brand now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for $90.00.

Meadowrider

MeadowriderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer feeding

I was feeding the puppy food to all my girls and the puppies. It was great at first. You opened a bag and it smelled like roast chicken. Then about June I opened a bag and it didn't smell the same. So I tried a different bag, same thing. The mothers and pups got diarrhea and didn't want to eat. I had stool checked and there were no other issues. I changed food (immediately) and within two days their stools were normal and they were eating again. Such a shame that this good food has gone downhill so terribly. Seems to be the ongoing story of local companies selling out to big ones and quality lost.

Purchased in June 2020.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

The flatulence is unbearable!

My two Current collie x dogs, 14yo and 20mths old have always had a varied diet of raw meaty bones and vegetables mostly. Different brands of kibble have always been part of it. Like Royal Canin, Blackhawk, Instinctive Bites, Etc. in over 18 years of feeding my dogs I have never experienced such regularly occurring foul smelling flatulence of both of them. Only hours after each meal. The product I bought is Grainfree Turkey & Duck.

Purchased in August 2020 at Petcircle for $99.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

Great Ingredients but can't stand associated farts

Made my dog have the most foul farts of his entire life. It's too bad we love the ingredients and thought it would be good food for him. He loves the taste but the aftermath is insufferable. Going back to Blackhawk asap just for the fresh air.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bishops for $125.00.

Lollygirl86

Lollygirl86Perth, WA

Severe illness due to potential contamination

Bad batches of this food may be circulating (May-September 2020). My dogs became gravely ill with severe vomiting and diahorrea while on this food, so did my friend's dog, and I see the reports of other dogs becoming ill on this review thread. This food should be pulled from all Australian shelves and subjected to independent, extensive testing covering a broad scope of potential toxins because clearly, the testing the company carries out on each batch before release is not sufficient for safety. Readers, feel free to inbox me for help and/or support if your dog has become sick.

joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I've been using the puppy Ivory coat on our 13 mth old boy and he has had a beautifully shiny coat and no smell to him and he loved it!!! Just bought first bag of adult, Lamb and he really is not happy with it, he now has really bad breath and he smells !!!! Also I have noticed he is shedding so much hair, where before he hardly shed any........ very disappointed considering the price for this food.

Purchased in June 2020 for $110.00.

L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for $104.67.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!