Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food (page 3 of 4)

Lorraine

LorraineSouth Australia

Disapointed

I have been feeding my rotti kangaroo and lamb for three years now I bought a bag 13kg and noticed the kibble was really small and since I have opened the bag and fed him his stool has been sloppy now he only gets that food nothing else so I know it has something to do with the biscuits have you changed anything.

Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Lily

LilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for sensitive tummy

our dog have such a sensitive tummy and also picky eater. we tried a few brands of food and so glad that we found ivory coat. our doggy loves it and leave no food behind (i mean it when i say she is a picky eater. we used to need to hand feed her)

Girl

GirlPerth, WA

Dont try it

Bought it yesterday, my pup loved it but now he is having diarrhoea! I think I fell for the good reviews and bought this pricey bag , which Im regretting now.

Rosie

Rosie

Perfect for dog with allergy

Switched to grain free Chicken and Coconut Oil Flavour for one of my dogs as a suggestion from the vet. Has worked well and her coat is amazing on it!

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the great feedback. We're thrilled to hear your dog is going well on our Ivory Coat dry food!

My dogs enjoy this product!

My four dogs do enjoy eating this dry kibble and seem to thrive on it! I will buy it again and can recommend it to others. There is a nice choice in products to choose from and, I tend to vary my purchases so that my dogs can experience a change! So far they are eating with relish!

Alana G

Alana G

A recent formula change?

We fed our staffy the lamb and kangaroo without incident for a few years but noticed in the last bag that the food had changed shape. We didn't think much of it until the next day when our dog had a super upset stomach which has now lasted a week!

Thirsty  dog

Thirsty dogSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thirst dog

Tried it for the first time, our dogs seems to eat it OK, but she has developed a dry mouth and is constantly smacking and l8ck her lips. Left her of it for 48 hours and NO lip smacking, don't think we will be trying ivory coat again.

Charlee-Dee G.

Charlee-Dee G.South East Queensland, QLD

Salmon Flavour giving dogs diarrhoea.

Pro - Looks and smells fresh and my dogs usually like it.
Con - Recently bought the Salmon dog food and my dogs seemed to be doing well but have started having diarrhoea

Tim C.

Tim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent chow for the fur animals

Our two ridgeback cross mastiffs love their Ivory Coat feed.. A wewk after we starting feeding them this we saw massive changes in their behaviour and health for the positive.

tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Excellent super premium brand Australian made dog food

My schnauzer loved the salmon one. It's very tasty.
He was on WELLNESS prior to it, and obviously likes this one more.
He's a slow and fussy eater usually but he literally gulps down these biscuits like crazy, never seen him do that before, they must smell and taste better. Got mine from Petbarn, a good idea is to look at sales online then get them to match prices. I got a 13kg back for around a hundred bucks.

Viv

VivSydney, NSW

Be aware of quality issues

My 5 month indoor kitten developed diarrhea from having ivory coat kitten dry food. Initially we wont sure the source but after investigating we are now sure because every time we fed him this dry food he gets diarrhea straight away. I’m just very disappointed that the package seems quite misleading. We purchased this product from pet circle and the expiry date on the product some time in 2020.

Susan

SusanNewcastle NSW

Why do some Ivory Coat bags say "HYPOALLERGENIC" & other Ivory Coat bags only say GRAIN FREE??

plumboss

plumbossPerth, WA

Ivory Coat

Ivory Coat used to be a great pet food, our pet (Dean 9 year old Lab) has been eating it for years without a problem. Lately Dean has allergies on his legs and his stools are very loose. Looking at the food itself it has changed, it is now a ruff texture and a slight colour change..

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ivory coat is great

My dogs enjoy these biscuits. They are slightly on the bigger size so more for them to chew. Im happy with the ingrediants and less filler foods. My dog gets the low fat turkey as he suffers from pancreatitis. There could be more flavours in low fat for variety as I like to change flavours for my dogs.

Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dog food, comes highly recommended by vets!

Consumer advocate

Consumer advocateSydney, NSW

Yum yum

My little furball loves this brand. It comes recommended from a number of vets and fancy pets stores . Although a little pricey for dog food I feel good knowing that my pup loves his dinner and it's healthy. Sprinkle with a few cooked chicken pieces and it's 5 stars from Brutus.

Disappointing

My Dog once loved this food and it helped with her allergies and sensitivities. She has been on it for over a year but in the last couple of months she has had diarrhoea and an upset stomach and starting to lick her paws again. Not sure if they’ve had an ingredient change but very disappointing and upsetting knowing this has been making my baby sick.

Cleomum

Cleomum

On our 4th 13kg bag and more to go.

Tried Optimum when they were on special and dog started having bad guns and bad breath. Then moved on to Royalcanin but still couldn't get rid of her bad odour from both coat and breath.

Since I've changed to ivorycoat her breath and smell from her coat is much nicer so whatever the ingredients in them seems to work on the doggo. We are sticking around as it works like wonder. And it actually smelsl delicious to me too.

Liz

LizMaryborough Qld

Ivory Coat Ticks All The Boxes.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!