Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

SummerSkye

SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No longer buying

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine and Lamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)
4Legs Natural Dog Food

Looking for Dog Foods?

Read the reviews for 4Legs Natural Dog Food

3,145 reviews
Ad
Roxy

RoxySouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog is unwell after eating this food

Purchased in September 2020 at Pet Circle for $95.00.

Smell
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil
Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

The flatulence is unbearable!

My two Current collie x dogs, 14yo and 20mths old have always had a varied diet of raw meaty bones and vegetables mostly. Different brands of kibble have always been part of it. Like Royal Canin, Blackhawk, Instinctive Bites, Etc. in over 18 years of feeding my dogs I have never experienced such regularly occurring foul smelling flatulence of both of them. Only hours after each meal. The product I bought is Grainfree Turkey & Duck.

Purchased in August 2020 at Petcircle for $99.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck
Dog Foods

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

Great Ingredients but can't stand associated farts

Made my dog have the most foul farts of his entire life. It's too bad we love the ingredients and thought it would be good food for him. He loves the taste but the aftermath is insufferable. Going back to Blackhawk asap just for the fresh air.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bishops for $125.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo
L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for $104.67.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken (for Puppy)
Lyn

LynOsmington Western Australia

Noticed a change

I had been purchasing Ivory Coat Grain Free for my two dogs since it first came out and was always happy and the dogs loved it but now with the last 2 bags purchased, they have often refused to eat it and one particularly, will walk away and go hungry. I have noticed that on occasions, one of the dogs particularly ends up with an upset stomach for no reason and I can only put it down to the Ivory Coat. I have now stopped buying it

Purchased in November 2019.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil
4Legs Natural Dog Food

Looking for Dog Foods?

Read the reviews for 4Legs Natural Dog Food

3,145 reviews
Ad
Charlee-Dee G.

Charlee-Dee G.South East Queensland, QLD

Salmon Flavour giving dogs diarrhoea.

Pro - Looks and smells fresh and my dogs usually like it.
Con - Recently bought the Salmon dog food and my dogs seemed to be doing well but have started having diarrhoea

Purchased in July 2019 at Petbarn for $132.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageSenior
Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon
See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!