Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

LinB

LinBPerth, WA

Wouldn’t buy it again

My little Australian terrier developed bloody stools after eating this and I have now changed her diet and she is fine. I gave the biscuits to a friend and she had to take her dog to the vet today with the same problem. I think this product needs to be taken off the shelves ! Even the girl in the pet shop said they had had a few complaints. If you care about our dogs this product must be removed! Don’t feed to your dig!

Purchased in February 2021 for $35.00.

Louie L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrheal+vomit+KILLED! Cause damage to puppy’s kidney and stomach!

My puppy had taken both dry food and wet food with this brand for more than three months. He was totally fine with previous packages but started to have diarrhea a couple times since he took the new package from March. I noticed the size and shape were different and my puppy refused to eat anymore.
In the past 5 days, he was diagnosed with kidney and stomach damage due to Toxin!! My puppy is still in the hospital now.
Don’t buy this brand if you still want your dog alive!!!

Purchased in February 2021 at Petbarn Online store.

TomSydney, NSW

Avoid: Diarrhoea + Blood

Dog was perfectly healthy with no diarrhoea before consuming Ivory Coat. After a recommendation citing the quality of Ivory Coat dog food we made our first purchase of the brand. Our dog had diarrhoea with blood present after consuming the product. We didn't think it would be from Ivory Coat so took other food items out of her diet but the diarrhoea only stopped after we stopped feeding her this product.

I wish we did more research online, it seems the ingredients have been alerted somewhat recently and this is now a common occurrence. I would recommend avoiding completely.

Purchased in November 2020.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Shari C

Shari CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ivory Coat has certainly changed, and not in a good way

Purchased for $120.00.

Your friend

Your friendSydney

Recent packet of Lamb & Kangaroo causing diarrhea

After reading all the recent comments here, it makes sense why my dog has had diarrhea since he started feeding on the new packet. He had no problems with the old packet we got. To confirm I stopped feeding him for a couple of days and his diarrhea stopped. Feeding it again re-started his diarrhea. Ivory coat has changed for worse.

Purchased in February 2021.

Boyd

BoydLaunceston

Ivory Coat no longer what it used to be

Purchased in November 2020 at Petbarn Online store.

James CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been buying for 5 Years, No More

We first started with this brand around 5 years ago (wet and dry) after having read such great reviews. It’s been great, never had an issue. Something has clearly changed within 2020 with the food, it no longer smells or looks the same. Dog has been having bad skin allergies and trips to the vet and after changing brands it improved instantly as well as friends observing how happy our Moodle looks again. Something is not right with this food, should be avoided now it’s changed. Seems other reviewers are experiencing the exact same issues.

Purchased in September 2020.

MimiWA

It's changed for the worse

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Physical store for $34.00.

Rose

RoseVictoria

Long time customer - no more!!

Em B.

Em B.Perth, WA

My dog became extremely unwell on this crap. One star is too many

• +3Thumbnail

Purchased in October 2020 at City Farmers for $116.99.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Chun.Qin

Chun.QinSydney

What was once great is no more.

Still changed somewhere in the last two 13kg bags. Still changed and absolutely stinks. A good stool should be quite odourless even for faeces standards. Dog breath too. My family and I have been using ivory coat for over 5 yrs now. Rest in peace.

Purchased in September 2020 at Petbarn.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo and Turkey & Duck

Vomiting

When our dog turned 2 we switched to the adult range and immediately he started vomiting. Have switched back to the lamb based puppy formula. However, we have been advised that this dog food is not good.

Purchased in July 2020.

Pet's Life StageAdult

Jennifer O.

Jennifer O.Gippsland, VIC

Ditch this product ASAP!

We’ve fed our schnauzer Ivory coat for her whole life - 3.5yrs. In Aug 2020 she started vomiting blood & had diarrhea so badly We had to take her to Bet where she stayed overnight for hydration & monitoring. She was a VERY sick girl. And the $1000 vet bill was also hard to swallow! Upon chatting to our local pet shop I found they no longer sells it due to the terrible horror stories of dogs getting sick. She said the company have been bought by a Chinese company whose standards aren’t nearly as regulated. I have ditched it for another brand now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for $90.00.

Meadowrider

MeadowriderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No longer feeding

I was feeding the puppy food to all my girls and the puppies. It was great at first. You opened a bag and it smelled like roast chicken. Then about June I opened a bag and it didn't smell the same. So I tried a different bag, same thing. The mothers and pups got diarrhea and didn't want to eat. I had stool checked and there were no other issues. I changed food (immediately) and within two days their stools were normal and they were eating again. Such a shame that this good food has gone downhill so terribly. Seems to be the ongoing story of local companies selling out to big ones and quality lost.

Purchased in June 2020.

Lollygirl86

Lollygirl86Perth, WA

Severe illness due to potential contamination

Bad batches of this food may be circulating (May-September 2020). My dogs became gravely ill with severe vomiting and diahorrea while on this food, so did my friend's dog, and I see the reports of other dogs becoming ill on this review thread. This food should be pulled from all Australian shelves and subjected to independent, extensive testing covering a broad scope of potential toxins because clearly, the testing the company carries out on each batch before release is not sufficient for safety. Readers, feel free to inbox me for help and/or support if your dog has become sick.

Side EffectsYes

joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sharon

SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

I've been using the puppy Ivory coat on our 13 mth old boy and he has had a beautifully shiny coat and no smell to him and he loved it!!! Just bought first bag of adult, Lamb and he really is not happy with it, he now has really bad breath and he smells !!!! Also I have noticed he is shedding so much hair, where before he hardly shed any........ very disappointed considering the price for this food.

Purchased in June 2020 for $110.00.

Lisa V

Lisa V

Very sick dog after eating Ivory Coat :(

I bought this a week ago & since introducing it, my dog has been vomiting & very lethargic. Totally not her usual energetic self. I don't recommend this product at all! Such a shame as the idea of natural, grain free is what our pets deserve!

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock Physical store.

Athina

My puppy keeps vomiting when eating this

Bought this because it was recommended by a friend but my dog keeps vomiting up his dinner. I realised now after reading the reviews that it’s the food!!! Do not buy, my dog is had experienced dehydration because of this food!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Circle for $60.00.

Dad of Stella

Dad of StellaFar North Queensland, QLD

its making my dog vomit!!!!

I am very disappointed....this has been fine from 2 months old until a month ago....my pup is now 5 1/2 months....in the last month she has been consistently vomiting up her dinner meal at very late hours in the night (we thought she had been vomiting from eating our older dogs mess but now we know it it not crap making her sick but crap food!!!!) the other day she even refused to eat one meal.
something has changed, and now WE are also changing. We also live in FNQ Cairns.... I feed my older dogs prepared meals twice a day and will find another puppy dry food until she is fully grown and then swap her to the same home cooked food my others enjoy... :-)
thank y'all.... Bye: Have a Beautiful time!!!!

Purchased in May 2020 at Pet Cafe for $106.00.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!