Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

1.4

Leesa
LeesaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This should be recalled

I fed this to my dog, within a few days she was extremely unwell, vomiting and unable to eat. The spent the night in a vet hospital, and once she (luckily) recovered, after about a week, my vet said she could return to her normal diet, I gave her some Ivory Coat (not realising this was the problem) and she then became sick again. I googled Ivory Coat and was amazed at the amount of other people who had sick dogs due to this food. I wish I knew this before ever buying Ivory Coat, I really think it needs to be recalled!

Purchased in May 2021.

R.Nichol
R.NicholWestern District, VIC

Not suitable for puppies

Chicken Puppy food the first bag was reasonable but after a couple of days on it I awoke to foul smelling watery diahorea all over the tiles. I went to our vet she was put dog on special diet for two weeks and all was good. As soon as I reintroduced Ivory Coat diahorea returned. Dogs are deserving of better than rubbish food.

Purchased in May 2021 at Pets Domain Warrnambool for $115.00.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

May 2021 - DO NOT BUY - INGREDIENTS HAVE CHANGED

I had both a Maltese 9 month old and a 15 month old on this food. The 15 month old had diarrea and vomiting. I took him to vet immediately. That same evening the breeder who buys the same food said the same had happened to both my pup's parents and siblings of this litter and also a more recent litter. All were using Ivory Coat food, all living in different areas. My dog has since switched to Hills Science Digestive and is on the road to recovery. Ivory Coat you should recall this product! Shame on you.

Purchased in May 2021 for $120.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil

Oliver M.
Oliver M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dog food - Blood in stool and vomiting

Purchased in May 2021 at PetStock for $120.00.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine
Hawka
HawkaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrhea galore!

We have previously used Hills Science & Royal Canin large breed dry food's but we took advice to try our 9 month old golden retriever on the Ivory Coat grain free large puppy and definitely did not agree with her... We transitioned from the old to new but the diarrhea did not subside. It was horrible and she clearly was not herself.

We switched back to Hills Science and no more diarrhea!!!! magic! I think we over-complicate things instead of just sticking with what works! We will definitely not try switching again.

Purchased in April 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $98.00.

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb with Coconut Oil (for Puppy large breed)
LinB
LinBPerth, WA

Wouldn’t buy it again

My little Australian terrier developed bloody stools after eating this and I have now changed her diet and she is fine. I gave the biscuits to a friend and she had to take her dog to the vet today with the same problem. I think this product needs to be taken off the shelves ! Even the girl in the pet shop said they had had a few complaints. If you care about our dogs this product must be removed! Don’t feed to your dig!

Purchased in February 2021 for $35.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedOcean Fish & Salmon
Louie L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Diarrheal+vomit+KILLED! Cause damage to puppy’s kidney and stomach!

My puppy had taken both dry food and wet food with this brand for more than three months. He was totally fine with previous packages but started to have diarrhea a couple times since he took the new package from March. I noticed the size and shape were different and my puppy refused to eat anymore.
In the past 5 days, he was diagnosed with kidney and stomach damage due to Toxin!! My puppy is still in the hospital now.
Don’t buy this brand if you still want your dog alive!!!

Purchased in February 2021 at Petbarn Online store.

TomSydney, NSW

Avoid: Diarrhoea + Blood

Dog was perfectly healthy with no diarrhoea before consuming Ivory Coat. After a recommendation citing the quality of Ivory Coat dog food we made our first purchase of the brand. Our dog had diarrhoea with blood present after consuming the product. We didn't think it would be from Ivory Coat so took other food items out of her diet but the diarrhoea only stopped after we stopped feeding her this product.

I wish we did more research online, it seems the ingredients have been alerted somewhat recently and this is now a common occurrence. I would recommend avoiding completely.

Purchased in November 2020.

Shari C
Shari CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ivory Coat has certainly changed, and not in a good way

Purchased for $120.00.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil

Your friend
Your friendSydney

Recent packet of Lamb & Kangaroo causing diarrhea

After reading all the recent comments here, it makes sense why my dog has had diarrhea since he started feeding on the new packet. He had no problems with the old packet we got. To confirm I stopped feeding him for a couple of days and his diarrhea stopped. Feeding it again re-started his diarrhea. Ivory coat has changed for worse.

Purchased in February 2021.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo
Boyd
BoydLaunceston

Ivory Coat no longer what it used to be

Purchased in November 2020 at Petbarn Online store.

James CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been buying for 5 Years, No More

We first started with this brand around 5 years ago (wet and dry) after having read such great reviews. It’s been great, never had an issue. Something has clearly changed within 2020 with the food, it no longer smells or looks the same. Dog has been having bad skin allergies and trips to the vet and after changing brands it improved instantly as well as friends observing how happy our Moodle looks again. Something is not right with this food, should be avoided now it’s changed. Seems other reviewers are experiencing the exact same issues.

Purchased in September 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Kangaroo and Ocean Fish & Salmon
MimiWA

It's changed for the worse

Purchased at My Pet Warehouse Physical store for $34.00.

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil, Lamb & Kangaroo, Lamb & Sardine and Turkey & Duck
Em B.
Em B.Perth, WA

My dog became extremely unwell on this crap. One star is too many

• +3Thumbnail

Purchased in October 2020 at City Farmers for $116.99.

Pet's Life StageSenior
Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey (Reduced Fat/Senior)

Vomiting

When our dog turned 2 we switched to the adult range and immediately he started vomiting. Have switched back to the lamb based puppy formula. However, we have been advised that this dog food is not good.

Purchased in July 2020.

Flavour(s) PurchasedLamb & Sardine

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.
kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy
Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!