Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

JessicaSydney, NSW

Something has defintely changed with this product

My cav has been eating Ivory Coat for nearly 3 years. I purchased a big 13 kg bag about 6 weeks ago ready the new year. She now hates it! It does not look or smell the same anymore. There has definitely been a change. There must be a bad batch or something because I googled and found all these other complaints with similar issues. I never complain about anything, but there is something wrong with this pet food now. Don't buy it!

I tried to contact the company and have been unsuccessful.

Purchased in December 2020.

SummerSkye

SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No longer buying

Roxy

RoxySouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog is unwell after eating this food

Purchased in September 2020 at Pet Circle for $95.00.

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

The flatulence is unbearable!

My two Current collie x dogs, 14yo and 20mths old have always had a varied diet of raw meaty bones and vegetables mostly. Different brands of kibble have always been part of it. Like Royal Canin, Blackhawk, Instinctive Bites, Etc. in over 18 years of feeding my dogs I have never experienced such regularly occurring foul smelling flatulence of both of them. Only hours after each meal. The product I bought is Grainfree Turkey & Duck.

Purchased in August 2020 at Petcircle for $99.00.

Side EffectsYes
Flavour(s) PurchasedTurkey & Duck
Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Great Ingredients but can't stand associated farts

Made my dog have the most foul farts of his entire life. It's too bad we love the ingredients and thought it would be good food for him. He loves the taste but the aftermath is insufferable. Going back to Blackhawk asap just for the fresh air.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bishops for $125.00.

Pet's Life StageAdult
joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

L P.

L P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad flatulence from Natural Health Grain Free for Puppies!

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Circle for $104.67.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Maggie

MaggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changing brands....

We have also been using Ivory Coat for nearly 3 years but the last 2 bags (chicken and coconut grain free) have had a pretty awful smell and the kibble is a much darker colour. I am now researching other brands.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn.

JH

JHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This product has changed!

We’ve been using Ivory Coat Grain Free Chicken and Coconut Oil for a long time now, with no problems. Unfortunately the last bag we bought had a different and very distinct smell. Our dog has started to refuse it. Such a shame, because we’ve had no issues up until now. We’re concerned and have decided to try another brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

Lyn

LynOsmington Western Australia

Noticed a change

I had been purchasing Ivory Coat Grain Free for my two dogs since it first came out and was always happy and the dogs loved it but now with the last 2 bags purchased, they have often refused to eat it and one particularly, will walk away and go hungry. I have noticed that on occasions, one of the dogs particularly ends up with an upset stomach for no reason and I can only put it down to the Ivory Coat. I have now stopped buying it

Purchased in November 2019.

Lorraine

LorraineSouth Australia

Disapointed

I have been feeding my rotti kangaroo and lamb for three years now I bought a bag 13kg and noticed the kibble was really small and since I have opened the bag and fed him his stool has been sloppy now he only gets that food nothing else so I know it has something to do with the biscuits have you changed anything.

Pet's Life StageAdult
Alana G

Alana G

A recent formula change?

We fed our staffy the lamb and kangaroo without incident for a few years but noticed in the last bag that the food had changed shape. We didn't think much of it until the next day when our dog had a super upset stomach which has now lasted a week!

Purchased in September 2019 at Best friends.

Thirsty  dog

Thirsty dogSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thirst dog

Tried it for the first time, our dogs seems to eat it OK, but she has developed a dry mouth and is constantly smacking and l8ck her lips. Left her of it for 48 hours and NO lip smacking, don't think we will be trying ivory coat again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet barn.

Charlee-Dee G.

Charlee-Dee G.South East Queensland, QLD

Salmon Flavour giving dogs diarrhoea.

Pro - Looks and smells fresh and my dogs usually like it.
Con - Recently bought the Salmon dog food and my dogs seemed to be doing well but have started having diarrhoea

Purchased in July 2019 at Petbarn for $132.99.

Disappointing

My Dog once loved this food and it helped with her allergies and sensitivities. She has been on it for over a year but in the last couple of months she has had diarrhoea and an upset stomach and starting to lick her paws again. Not sure if they’ve had an ingredient change but very disappointing and upsetting knowing this has been making my baby sick.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!