Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Satisfied

I have been feeding ivory coat (variety of flavours) to my four dogs for years. We have never had an issue.
As well not one of my customers over the last four years have every complained about their dogs health while on this brand. Nor have I ever received a recall on any batch of this brand. ’m in a small area with majority of my customers buying regularly from me so if there was an issue with any of their dogs being unwell I would be sure to know about it.
I find dogs have very sensitive guts and switching is quite hard on them. Some foods work some just don’t agree with them. Transitioning from one brand to another should be a 12-14 day process. Find what works And stick with it.

Purchased in May 2021.

Hi there,
Thank so much for your feedback on our Ivory Coat products and for your support of our brand!

Jim Liddle

Jim LiddleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy Customer

Changed over to Ivory Coat, "Ocean Fish and Salmon", on advice from our vet. We were using a chicken based food and our dog had a terrible "doggie" smell. Our vet suggested the change and now she smells lovely, has a new spring in her step and gets extremely excited every morning to receive her cup of bickies. At night we feed her a mainly veggie food we cook ourselves. We have been feeding her Ivory Coat since mid 2020. No complaints here.

Purchased in March 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $139.00.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Jim, Its fantastic to hear your girl is going so well on our Ocean Fish & Salmon variety! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a great review.

coop

My girl really likes this food

No immediate adverse reactions or side effects from this food but I'm just a bit concerned about the high 32% protein. I believe this could mean less calories which could be a good thing. I'll research this further but any feedback would be welcome.

Purchased in February 2021.

Find out how Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food compares to other Dog Foods

saw a positive change overnight on this food

from the time we got our puppy he had very runny, smelly poos. We tried so many diet variations...chicken mince and rice, chicken, vegies and pasta, steamed pumpkin and over the months 5 different types of dry food. We tried Ivory Coat puppy for large breed when he was 8 months old. The change was overnight. Solid poo, not smelly and no more smelly farts. He's 10 months now and we have introduced vegies again as well as a few leftovers but always the Ivory Coat. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Barn Kangaroo Flat for $99.00.

Smell
joybelle48

joybelle48Melbourne, Victoria

UPSET STOMACH

Stars may be unfair because it may be our dogs digestive system. Dog loves it . Read another users comments about stinky farts, diarrhea. I researched & found out it could be because dog is a fast eater. Had a bag full left so fed chicken and rice for a day. Now partly softening the dry food with hot water and feeding with half chicken & rice. Normal pooh now & not so smelly. I believe it is good quality so will use this bag but will gradually change to good brand vegan food such as Veganpet. Wholly Aus owned, human grade so if the shops have empty shelves in Melb we will share it. Smile.

Purchased in July 2020.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Great ingredients, great price.

Bought this for my malinois puppy I got 2 weeks ago. got it on pet.co.nz. wanted to try the smaller bag and got the second free ( close expiry date). I don't mind. Ive gone through the first bag already and the expiry date isn't until 2 months. My pup loves her food as I use it for training. Stool isn't too smelly and is firm. Coat looks nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at pet.co.nz for $34.99.

Smell
4Legs Natural Dog Food

Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dogs eat it but they don't love it

I bought a 18Kg bag of Ivory Coat Lamb & Brown Rice Puppy. Both my Shih Tzu and Staffy are fine with it. They don't love it anymore but they eat it, maybe I should've bought a smaller bag to vary the flavour. I also mix the dry food with wet food which I change often. Wet foods I've mixed with: Nature's Gift Lamb, Eukanuna Lamb, 4 Legs Beef.

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell
Simon C

Simon C

Ok I rate it, but reading reviews, sold to Chinese and changing size of kibble and diarrhoea concerns me greatly

I've used the Ivory Coat for years. I've tried several other brands and several have had mouldy kibble (white mould).
Never had bad mould.
I did notice in the September October time frame my seal on the 2 kg bag was different. Thinner and didn't seal as easily. I have noticed now this is the norm.
Sometimes my dogs stools are soft, I generally use the puppy variety which is the chicken flavour and smaller kibble.
Haven't noticed any size change in the Kibble, but going to research when this company was bought by Chinese company as that's the time when things change.

Like when they tried changing the flavour of bbq shapes, anyone still remember that?

Maybe it's time to look for an alternative. I do rate this kibble though.

Purchased in November 2019 for $31.00.

Simon C

So I've decided to go off Ivory Coat after doing a test the last month noting my dogs are getting sick both vomit and diarahhea eating the ivory coat after its two weeks old.

Lorraine

LorraineSouth Australia

Disapointed

I have been feeding my rotti kangaroo and lamb for three years now I bought a bag 13kg and noticed the kibble was really small and since I have opened the bag and fed him his stool has been sloppy now he only gets that food nothing else so I know it has something to do with the biscuits have you changed anything.

Pet's Life StageAdult

Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $18.00.

Lily

LilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for sensitive tummy

our dog have such a sensitive tummy and also picky eater. we tried a few brands of food and so glad that we found ivory coat. our doggy loves it and leave no food behind (i mean it when i say she is a picky eater. we used to need to hand feed her)

Purchased in January 2017 at Petbarn for $120.00.

Smell
Rosie

Rosie

Perfect for dog with allergy

Switched to grain free Chicken and Coconut Oil Flavour for one of my dogs as a suggestion from the vet. Has worked well and her coat is amazing on it!

Purchased in October 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for $116.00.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the great feedback. We're thrilled to hear your dog is going well on our Ivory Coat dry food!

Ad

My dogs enjoy this product!

My four dogs do enjoy eating this dry kibble and seem to thrive on it! I will buy it again and can recommend it to others. There is a nice choice in products to choose from and, I tend to vary my purchases so that my dogs can experience a change! So far they are eating with relish!

Side EffectsNo
Alana G

Alana G

A recent formula change?

We fed our staffy the lamb and kangaroo without incident for a few years but noticed in the last bag that the food had changed shape. We didn't think much of it until the next day when our dog had a super upset stomach which has now lasted a week!

Purchased in September 2019 at Best friends.

Thirsty  dog

Thirsty dogSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thirst dog

Tried it for the first time, our dogs seems to eat it OK, but she has developed a dry mouth and is constantly smacking and l8ck her lips. Left her of it for 48 hours and NO lip smacking, don't think we will be trying ivory coat again.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet barn.

See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!