Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food

• Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten (4), Adult (6) and Senior (1)
  • Side Effects Yes (0) · No (11)
  • Smell
Jim Liddle

Jim LiddleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy Customer

Changed over to Ivory Coat, "Ocean Fish and Salmon", on advice from our vet. We were using a chicken based food and our dog had a terrible "doggie" smell. Our vet suggested the change and now she smells lovely, has a new spring in her step and gets extremely excited every morning to receive her cup of bickies. At night we feed her a mainly veggie food we cook ourselves. We have been feeding her Ivory Coat since mid 2020. No complaints here.

Purchased in March 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $139.00.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Jim, Its fantastic to hear your girl is going so well on our Ocean Fish & Salmon variety! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a great review.

Ad

saw a positive change overnight on this food

from the time we got our puppy he had very runny, smelly poos. We tried so many diet variations...chicken mince and rice, chicken, vegies and pasta, steamed pumpkin and over the months 5 different types of dry food. We tried Ivory Coat puppy for large breed when he was 8 months old. The change was overnight. Solid poo, not smelly and no more smelly farts. He's 10 months now and we have introduced vegies again as well as a few leftovers but always the Ivory Coat. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Purchased in June 2020 at Pet Barn Kangaroo Flat for $99.00.

Smell

Great ingredients, great price.

Bought this for my malinois puppy I got 2 weeks ago. got it on pet.co.nz. wanted to try the smaller bag and got the second free ( close expiry date). I don't mind. Ive gone through the first bag already and the expiry date isn't until 2 months. My pup loves her food as I use it for training. Stool isn't too smelly and is firm. Coat looks nice.

Purchased in May 2020 at pet.co.nz for $34.99.

Paul

PaulVictoria

My Schmoodle loves it

Changed brand recently and my puppy lapped it up immediately. I was drawn to the natural, grain free ingredients and it appears to be a good choice. A healthy option.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $18.00.

Lily

LilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for sensitive tummy

our dog have such a sensitive tummy and also picky eater. we tried a few brands of food and so glad that we found ivory coat. our doggy loves it and leave no food behind (i mean it when i say she is a picky eater. we used to need to hand feed her)

Purchased in January 2017 at Petbarn for $120.00.

Rosie

Rosie

Perfect for dog with allergy

Switched to grain free Chicken and Coconut Oil Flavour for one of my dogs as a suggestion from the vet. Has worked well and her coat is amazing on it!

Purchased in October 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for $116.00.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the great feedback. We're thrilled to hear your dog is going well on our Ivory Coat dry food!

Tim C.

Tim C.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent chow for the fur animals

Our two ridgeback cross mastiffs love their Ivory Coat feed.. A wewk after we starting feeding them this we saw massive changes in their behaviour and health for the positive.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetStock for $119.00.

tjz25

tjz25Sydney, NSW

Excellent super premium brand Australian made dog food

My schnauzer loved the salmon one. It's very tasty.
He was on WELLNESS prior to it, and obviously likes this one more.
He's a slow and fussy eater usually but he literally gulps down these biscuits like crazy, never seen him do that before, they must smell and taste better. Got mine from Petbarn, a good idea is to look at sales online then get them to match prices. I got a 13kg back for around a hundred bucks.

Purchased in June 2019 at Petbarn for $100.00.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ivory coat is great

My dogs enjoy these biscuits. They are slightly on the bigger size so more for them to chew. Im happy with the ingrediants and less filler foods. My dog gets the low fat turkey as he suffers from pancreatitis. There could be more flavours in low fat for variety as I like to change flavours for my dogs.

Purchased in December 2018 for $94.00.

Sally

SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dog food, comes highly recommended by vets!

Purchased in April 2019 at Petbarn Physical store for $32.99.

Consumer advocate

Consumer advocateSydney, NSW

Yum yum

My little furball loves this brand. It comes recommended from a number of vets and fancy pets stores . Although a little pricey for dog food I feel good knowing that my pup loves his dinner and it's healthy. Sprinkle with a few cooked chicken pieces and it's 5 stars from Brutus.

Purchased in January 2019 for $30.00.

Cleomum

Cleomum

On our 4th 13kg bag and more to go.

Tried Optimum when they were on special and dog started having bad guns and bad breath. Then moved on to Royalcanin but still couldn't get rid of her bad odour from both coat and breath.

Since I've changed to ivorycoat her breath and smell from her coat is much nicer so whatever the ingredients in them seems to work on the doggo. We are sticking around as it works like wonder. And it actually smelsl delicious to me too.

Liz

LizMaryborough Qld

Ivory Coat Ticks All The Boxes.

SteveB

SteveBMid North Coast, NSW

An excellent quality product

I did a hell of a lot of research before I decided to purchase Ivory Coat Grain Free. I would normally consider a lower purchase price on dog food but after comparing the ingredients of various other products, the Ivory Coat won hands down. The Ivory Coat had much better quality ingredients.
I also noted that the amount of Ivory Coat recommended per meal is somewhat less than cheaper products.
I also found an online store which offers excellent discounts on Ivory Coat which also helped me decide on my purchase.

Cec

CecSydney

It's great

I recently changed from The Hills Science diet as I read bad reviews of the grain fillers in it, swapped to the grain free chicken and coconut oil biscuits and my 4 year old Bulldog seems very happy with the swap. He has allergies so we're hoping this will help and he seems to love the taste as well.

paws

paws

good food for dogs biscuts

I buy ivory coat in many flavours grain free of course. Its a hood product. Chicken free meat free some are which is good because both of my dogs are allergic to chicken. Ivory coat very good ingredients. I suggest u try grain free . Your dogs will be happy u chose this product for them

September 6th 2018 Update: reduced fat turkey ivory coat for dogs

I strongly recomend reduced fat turkey biscuts dry dog food for older or over weight dogs. I have only just started using reduced fat as my dogs are over weight and thats not good or healthy for them so far my dogs seem to like the taste and ive read other reviewS were other peoples dogs have been loosing the weight from this product.

jackie

jackiemyrtleford

Perfect. At last!

Since my dog has been on Ivory Coat Grain Free biscuits (3months) her allergies of 4 years have cleared up considerably. She had many vet visits resulting in $100's of dollars and many different meds none of which worked. She suffered from hair loss, severe inflammation of tummy and groin area, constant itching, and ear eye and mouth infections which we thought were seasonal allergies.
I have researched and tried many dry dog foods and none until now made any difference.
I cannot praise this product enough and hope you never change the formular and quality.

tigerblues

tigerbluesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

With quite a few fur babies I look for quality dry food.. I was recommended Ivory Coat as I had been using Royal Canin and my babies were not happy with this brand. I am slowly mixing Ivory Coat in with their current food and so far they all seem to love it. I have noticed a very positive change in their litter tray smells too - for the better!

Melanie Cao-Gray

Melanie Cao-GrayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My picky eater loves it

Stacey Lee

Stacey LeeMelbourne

Ivory Coat - Chicken and Coconut oil

Great product. My 1.5 year old pug x brussels griffon is a highly fussy eater.
After trying a few of the different premium grain free dry dog food brands, and having issues with him eating his daily recommended amount with all of them, it was a relief to find something he loves.
He now finishes his daily serve without any issues, and most of the time is hunting for more.
Highly recommend.

Flavour(s) PurchasedChicken with Coconut Oil
See all Ivory Coat Grain Free Dry Dog Food reviews

coopasked

Is Ivory Coat FDA approved since there doesn't appear to be a pet regulator in Australia currently.

Hi Coop,
Our Ivory Coat products are manufactured in line with the Australian Standards (AS5812), which addresses all quality controls associated with manufacturing pet foods. This includes the raw ingredient selection and safety, factory management, product formulations, quality and safety process monitoring in addition to the control and labelling of pet food products.
All our manufacturing factories are also accredited to global food standards such as the SQF global food standards and we are members of, and fully support the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA).
We hope this information helps!

coop

Thank you for getting back to me.

kevin w.

kevin w.asked

Recently bought some Ivory Coat dog food. I have not fed my dog any of it yet. Then I read all these horror stories about the new recipe. Should I bin it and go to another product? Kevin.

James C
James C

I binned everything I had on hand, I figured it would be too hard to get a refund from the retailer as it was an online order. The last time we feed our Moodle the Ivory Coat her eyelids went red within 30 minutes. There must be some nasty chemicals in it these latest batches. I moved to Royal Canin Dry food and 4Legs wet food now. Dog is very happy and empty bowl each time. I presume every dog is different and you may have a different batch of product than I did.

Hi Kevin,
We would like to assure you that our Ivory Coat products are made in line with the safety and quality requirements found within the Australian Standards. They are also carefully formulated to ensure they provide pets with a compete and balanced diet.

All customer feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated and to date there is no reason to suspect there is any health or safety issue with any batch.

As always, we are here should you need to get in touch, please reach out on 1800 732 573 (option 1), or through our Ivory Coat website https://www.ivorycoat.com/en-au/support/contact-us

Mimi
Mimi

Hi Kevin, go with what your gut says. You can always try it for a week and see whether your dog likes it and how their poo is. Many retailers offer a full refund if you've used less than 50 per cent of the bag. Personally I don't think it's a premium product even though it has a (relatively) premium price tag. There are heaps of alternatives out there. Maybe your vet has advice? Also keep in mind that dog food is largely unregulated in Australia so be wary when companies say it's in line with Aus standards - this means nothing!

Joy

Joyasked

Hi our 17 month cavoodle is on the ivory coat chicken grain free puppy food. When would you shift to adult food? He weights 6.7kg and is moderately active. Hadn’t been changing weight so probably fully grown now. Thanks.

Real Pet Food Co.Ivory Coat

Hi Joy, Small to Medium breed puppies can be swapped to an adult formulated food at approximately 12 months of age.
We hope this helps!