James Boag Premium Light

James Boag Premium Light

See the Best Light Beers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for James Boag? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.3

Why?

Why did they need to change? Lowering the alcohol and changing the taste wasn't necessary. I can't bring myself to drink cascade so I think 3.5 is the go from now on.

Bye bye Boags

Lowered alcohol content has altered taste. It tastes like water. It was the only light beer I enjoyed. Disappointed with the change.

Other Light Beers

Boags Light - Tasteless , Colourless and odourless !

Ruined. Might just as well buy Cascade light - except it's just as shocking !

New beer for me . . . .

JR
JRBrisbane

Another Customer Lost

The old Light tasted very similar to the Premium lager. This is a very poor copy. Bottle is stupid, does not fit in the majority of domestic bar fridges.

Light Beers

Find out how James Boag Premium Light compares to other Light Beers

Dreadful-they have lost my custom

This new shaped bottle hides a horrible and tasteless flavoured water. I do not know why the Japanese had to meddle with what was a great light beer.

New light

The new lower alcohol boags beer is terrible. No flavour unlike the old light that tastesd like a real beer. Please return to original recipe. I drink 2 cartons a week or will have to change to cascade

Coloured water

Like the new shape, don't like the new contents. It has no taste, like drinking coloured water. If it doesn't go back to the original great taste I will have to drink cascade premium light.

jsambell
jsambellVictoria, 3672

OK

This is only my opinion, but I find the Boags doesn't compare as well to its full strength sibling as the Cascade does to its own. With the Cascade you hardly know your drinking a light, but with the Boags you really do, and when you compare it with the full strength Boags you realize what you're missing out on. A pit really, since it's an otherwise decent beer.
Boags should leave the light to Cascade and concentrate on their full strength lager.
Light, fresh taste.
Good head retention.
Pleasant aroma.
You know you are drinking a light beer.
Flavor is not quite as nice as the Cascade light.

Other Light Beers