James Boag Premium Light

James Boag Premium Light

See the Best Light Beers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for James Boag? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.3
Simon
SimonSydney Surrounds, NSW

For a light beer, best tasting. Costly which is indicative of the quality.

As a diabetic but still enjoying a beer, the Boags premium light I find the best tasting, no after taste etc.

Of course everyone's taste buds are different but it is worthy of an honest try.

Why?

Why did they need to change? Lowering the alcohol and changing the taste wasn't necessary. I can't bring myself to drink cascade so I think 3.5 is the go from now on.

Other Light Beers

Bye bye Boags

Lowered alcohol content has altered taste. It tastes like water. It was the only light beer I enjoyed. Disappointed with the change.

Boags Light - Tasteless , Colourless and odourless !

Ruined. Might just as well buy Cascade light - except it's just as shocking !

New beer for me . . . .

Light Beers

Find out how James Boag Premium Light compares to other Light Beers

JR
JRBrisbane

Another Customer Lost

The old Light tasted very similar to the Premium lager. This is a very poor copy. Bottle is stupid, does not fit in the majority of domestic bar fridges.

Dreadful-they have lost my custom

This new shaped bottle hides a horrible and tasteless flavoured water. I do not know why the Japanese had to meddle with what was a great light beer.

New light

The new lower alcohol boags beer is terrible. No flavour unlike the old light that tastesd like a real beer. Please return to original recipe. I drink 2 cartons a week or will have to change to cascade

Coloured water

Like the new shape, don't like the new contents. It has no taste, like drinking coloured water. If it doesn't go back to the original great taste I will have to drink cascade premium light.

Other Light Beers

Boags premium light

To first review ,cascade is lighter on the alcohol volume than boags premium light boags is 2.9 compared to cascade 2.7 ?.honestly as cascade light is brewed under license at c.u.b in abbotsford the water is defiantly not Tasmanian and for my taste boags p.light wins hands down sry but cascade has a after taste like tiger p..s.agree not nearly as good ad boags premium but has to be best light out there next to Hahn .c.u.b have there way of producing beer and it is off the beaten track of a traditionally brewed beer so to say.each to their own I understand

Light Beers