James Boag Premium Light

James Boag Premium Light

See the Best Light Beers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for James Boag? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.3

Best light beer ever!

I've been drinking light beer only since 2003. Hahn, then I found Cascade, but once I found James Boag, it's been all Boags. Light refreshing and not the sour aftertaste of its competitors!

Purchased in December 2019.

Why?

Why did they need to change? Lowering the alcohol and changing the taste wasn't necessary. I can't bring myself to drink cascade so I think 3.5 is the go from now on.

Other Light Beers

Bye bye Boags

Lowered alcohol content has altered taste. It tastes like water. It was the only light beer I enjoyed. Disappointed with the change.

Boags Light - Tasteless , Colourless and odourless !

Ruined. Might just as well buy Cascade light - except it's just as shocking !

New beer for me . . . .

Light Beers

Find out how James Boag Premium Light compares to other Light Beers

JR
JRBrisbane

Another Customer Lost

The old Light tasted very similar to the Premium lager. This is a very poor copy. Bottle is stupid, does not fit in the majority of domestic bar fridges.

Dreadful-they have lost my custom

This new shaped bottle hides a horrible and tasteless flavoured water. I do not know why the Japanese had to meddle with what was a great light beer.

New light

The new lower alcohol boags beer is terrible. No flavour unlike the old light that tastesd like a real beer. Please return to original recipe. I drink 2 cartons a week or will have to change to cascade

Coloured water

Like the new shape, don't like the new contents. It has no taste, like drinking coloured water. If it doesn't go back to the original great taste I will have to drink cascade premium light.

Other Light Beers

Paul Crain
Paul CrainNewcastle

Best Light Beer around

I experienced the taste of Boags Premium Light when visiting Launceston Tas. Have continued to drink this beer as my preferred choice ever since. I always take a couple of bottle to golf on Saturday and now at least 10 of my mates have been converted to Boags Blokes.....Boags is by far and away the best Light beer out there.
Great taste