Janome 1600P

2 questions from our users

patty R.

patty R.asked

1600P

when I sew straight back and forth the machine sews well.When I sew side to side the stitch lengths are long, the bobbin thread is not catching.I just bought a stitch regulator, thinking that would help,but it doesn't.It has to be something I am doing wrong,because when I take the machine off the frame I have no problem.I'm very frusterated with it. Any help?

Jeannie Mc Mahon

Jeannie Mc Mahonasked

1600P

I am just getting used to this machine, i am using my walking foot to quilt my quilt, i am having trouble with the tension under the quilt(the bottom) The thread pulls out very easy underneath my quilt, what tension control do i use to correct this? thanks
jean

Laurelle C
Laurelle C

I'm not an expert but it sounds like the needle top thread is too loose. I would try tightening the top tread first . The bobbin should just stand up and sit in the palm of your hand whilst gently pulling the thread up with your other hand . Here is a link to some helpful information. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/514811/Janome-1600p-Qc.html?page=32
I always try adjusting the top tension first though. If you do need to adjust the bobbin only adjust the screw in tiny increments. Cindy Needham has a great online craftsy class " Design it , Quilt it" and explains how to adjust bobbin tension which I found really helpful. Good luck with your quilting :-)

Lumpy202
Lumpy202

I am also not an expert but i agree with Laurelle I would adjust the top tension first and see how that goes when you quilt. I have had the same problem and and adjusting the top tension has rectified it. Good luck

Tracey
Tracey

The thread from the bobbin will not move once the bobbin is in the bobbin case and put into the housing. I have checked everything: bobbin tension, bobbin position, needle position, needle tension and more. My top thread catches the bottom thread but the bobbin will not move and the bobbin thread keeps breaking. Any suggsestions.

See all Janome 1600 Professional questions

Get an answer from our members and Janome representatives