Janome 1600 Professional

Janome 1600 Professional Questions & Answers

1600P, 1600P-QC, 1600P-DB, etc...

7 questions from our users

Cindy H.asked

Does this machine come with a 1/4 inch foot

Laurelle C

The standard foot the machine comes with is 1/4 inch but it doesn't have a guide on the side. You can purchase a 1/4 inch foot with the side guide for this machine. I mostly use the cloth seam guide that comes with the machine and the standard foot. This is a metal guide that screws into the bed of the machine next to your foot. Another foot worth purchasing is the walking foot. This is essential if you want to quilt your own quilts with straight lines. It is also fantastic when attaching bindings or just for sewing multiple layers together. I still sew on my machine nearly every day. It is a real work horse and has not given me any problems. I make quilts and it is the perfect machine for quilters. Check out this review https://houseofmeggs.com/janome-1600p-qc-straight-stitch-machine-and-kit-review/

Cindy H.

Thanks Laurelle, much appreciated. it sounds perfect for what I love sewing which is piecing and free motion quilting.

Cindy H.asked

Does this machine come with a 1/4 inch foot

patty R.

patty R.asked

1600P

when I sew straight back and forth the machine sews well.When I sew side to side the stitch lengths are long, the bobbin thread is not catching.I just bought a stitch regulator, thinking that would help,but it doesn't.It has to be something I am doing wrong,because when I take the machine off the frame I have no problem.I'm very frusterated with it. Any help?

Janet G

Janet Gasked

1600P-QC

Can this machine sew leather please?

Jeannie Mc Mahon

Jeannie Mc Mahonasked

1600P

I am just getting used to this machine, i am using my walking foot to quilt my quilt, i am having trouble with the tension under the quilt(the bottom) The thread pulls out very easy underneath my quilt, what tension control do i use to correct this? thanks
jean

Laurelle C

I'm not an expert but it sounds like the needle top thread is too loose. I would try tightening the top tread first . The bobbin should just stand up and sit in the palm of your hand whilst gently pulling the thread up with your other hand . Here is a link to some helpful information. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/514811/Janome-1600p-Qc.html?page=32
I always try adjusting the top tension first though. If you do need to adjust the bobbin only adjust the screw in tiny increments. Cindy Needham has a great online craftsy class " Design it , Quilt it" and explains how to adjust bobbin tension which I found really helpful. Good luck with your quilting :-)

Lumpy202

I am also not an expert but i agree with Laurelle I would adjust the top tension first and see how that goes when you quilt. I have had the same problem and and adjusting the top tension has rectified it. Good luck

Passionate quilter

Passionate quilterasked

I do not own and have no experience of this machine (Janome 1600qc) but am curious about the comments I have read about thread breakages in free motion work. Has this problem been resolved?

Laurelle C

I have found that thread breakage is usually due to the wrong size needle for the thread, not the machine. When I free motion I usually use cotton Aurifil thread and a large needle size 80 or 90. The other tip I found that really helped was to loosen the foot pressure to practically zero ( by turning the knob on top of the machine. ) I try not to go too fast as well. I have free motioned quite a few quilts and although the thread breaks from time to time once I change the needle or rethread the problem is usually resolved.

Lumpy202

No. My janome 1600 still has this problem. I have to say that i approach quilting
With this machine with great trepidation. I do not have any faith in it working consistently. If i had my choice sgain i certainly would not buy this machine. Very very frustrating is my description of this machine

rosie309

rosie309asked

I had a janome 6500P and found it 'ate' fabric at the start of each seam- even with a straight stitch plate. how are the newer janomes with this?

Quiltingcow
Quiltingcow

I have no problems with this. I do patchworking and clothes sewing and am very pleased that the 1600 has never done it.

Laurelle C

Mine has not done that. I have been very happy with mine.

Get an answer from our members and Janome representatives