Janome 8002DX

4.1

Jill

JillSydney

Awful

The worst machine I’ve ever owned. It’s noisy and it moves all over the table. I couldn’t go full speed because it would’ve fallen off the table, very annoying to thread. I would strongly advise that you don’t buy this machine. It’s not my first overlocker but definitely the worst. Thank goodness I could get my Elna fixed.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Judy H.

Judy H.asked

I have Janome overlocker 800 2DX I have good quality thread and the right needles it just continually breaks the thread and it’s even on right tension and threaded right?.

ShirleyC2011
    ShirleyC2011

You need to thread the orange and blue first then the others.

jaya36
    jaya36

Pull it all out and re-thread the machine, following the thread guide as to order... even if you did it right first time, sometimes thread can jump off hooks. Thread quality - you can get a bad reel, even in the best brands, so take all thread brand claims with a large pinch of salt. Sometimes it will break if there's a buildup of fabric dust within the machine. Give it a thorough clean as well.

Shirley

Shirleyasked

I'm interested in a Janome 8002DX. Does anyone have a recent review on one. All the reviews I've read are old & people are having trouble with Treading & Tension.

Georgiana
    Georgiana

Hi Shirley, my review is very recent as I purchased my Janome 8002DX earlier this year. I haven't had any issues with threading and I find it very easy. Obviously there is a learning time involved but there are very clear graphics inside the cover to assist. On the issue of tension, I mostly have no issue with it at all. Once I have the tension right for regular overlocking, I don't find I need to alter it. The only time I did need to adjust it was when I tried out the blind hemming function, which didn't really work at all. I decided that blind hemming was better on my sewing machine instead, but still needs some work to get it right. The tension does need to be altered very slightly for different types of fabrics, but this is to be expected. If you follow the extensive manuals provided, you shouldn't have any issues. They provide a regular manual that tells you about all the parts and basics and a second manual that shows you how to create all the different stitches. I am still very happy with this overlocker and am delighted for the price and what it does. I hope this is helpful :)

Debbieasked

What about if you live hundreds of miles out in the bush? Has anyone found a link on youtube maybe? I can't afford to spend $$ if I can't use it!! Debbie

Janet G

If you live in the bush (Australia) then Draft Depot could deliver to your door. Janome Australia has "How to videos" http://www.janome.com.au/learn_videos.php?muid=lsew
    Plus there are so many YouTube tutorials available, e.g: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSRH6ldom4
    or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOzqtC7pURg

Hope that helps =)

Ooops, I meant Craft Depot

Debbie

Thanks for your reply.....just worried about spending $$ and not being able to get he benefits! Cheers

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers