Janome 8002DX

I love this machine 8002DX

Lana Osterfield

Lana OsterfieldCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

trick to fix

You can stop a machine from walking by placing it on some of that rubberised matting that is used in cutlery draws. I have not used this machine but have had over 50 years of sewing experience.

ShirleyC2011Darwin, NT

Sewing Machine

I purchased my Janome sewing machine approximately 3 years ago. It has never let me down. I just love using this machine. I do simple mending, attempted all the different stitches, added attachments and the machine has always stood up to the work I demand. I taught my granddaughter to sew on this machine and she loves it also (she is 8), so much so that when she comes to visit and I am using my Janome, she wants me to use my old machine so she can use my Janome. LOL, but we do give in don't we. Getting back to the sewing machine, I would like to add that the machine is so easy to use, even the new sewers in our group love the feel of the machine. Easy to clean also. I hope my Janome lasts me many years as did my previous machine.

Purchased in February 2016 at Airport Toyota Service Centre.

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Janome 8002DX compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

GeorgianaVIC, 3461

So far, fantastic!

I have written a review of the sewing machine that I purchased as part of a package deal with this overlocker. I have only had these a week so I really need more time to do a proper assessment. I'd like to see how I feel about them in 12 months time. However, straight out of the box, this works like a dream and has handled the fabric beautifully. I have not yet tried the 'tricks' it can do but so far, it's a very smooth running machine and much faster than the 30 year old overlocker I've just retired!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Janet GElliott Heads

A little powerhouse of awesome

I bought this as I have always owned Janome sewing machines and this was a great offer by Craft Depot.
Yes the Overlocker is a little intimidating at first, but after taking lessons (your dealer offers them free) I am thrilled. Yes, it takes patience to thread, there are a couple of tricks I learned in how to make this so much easier. My machine stands up to the work I put it through (lots and lots) and keeps on humming. Great machine, Great price

Judy H.

Judy H.asked

I have Janome overlocker 800 2DX I have good quality thread and the right needles it just continually breaks the thread and it’s even on right tension and threaded right?.

ShirleyC2011

You need to thread the orange and blue first then the others.

jaya36

Pull it all out and re-thread the machine, following the thread guide as to order... even if you did it right first time, sometimes thread can jump off hooks. Thread quality - you can get a bad reel, even in the best brands, so take all thread brand claims with a large pinch of salt. Sometimes it will break if there's a buildup of fabric dust within the machine. Give it a thorough clean as well.

Shirley

Shirleyasked

I'm interested in a Janome 8002DX. Does anyone have a recent review on one. All the reviews I've read are old & people are having trouble with Treading & Tension.

Georgiana

Hi Shirley, my review is very recent as I purchased my Janome 8002DX earlier this year. I haven't had any issues with threading and I find it very easy. Obviously there is a learning time involved but there are very clear graphics inside the cover to assist. On the issue of tension, I mostly have no issue with it at all. Once I have the tension right for regular overlocking, I don't find I need to alter it. The only time I did need to adjust it was when I tried out the blind hemming function, which didn't really work at all. I decided that blind hemming was better on my sewing machine instead, but still needs some work to get it right. The tension does need to be altered very slightly for different types of fabrics, but this is to be expected. If you follow the extensive manuals provided, you shouldn't have any issues. They provide a regular manual that tells you about all the parts and basics and a second manual that shows you how to create all the different stitches. I am still very happy with this overlocker and am delighted for the price and what it does. I hope this is helpful :)

Debbieasked

What about if you live hundreds of miles out in the bush? Has anyone found a link on youtube maybe? I can't afford to spend $$ if I can't use it!! Debbie

Janet G

If you live in the bush (Australia) then Draft Depot could deliver to your door. Janome Australia has "How to videos" http://www.janome.com.au/learn_videos.php?muid=lsew
Plus there are so many YouTube tutorials available, e.g: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pSRH6ldom4
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOzqtC7pURg

Hope that helps =)

Ooops, I meant Craft Depot

Debbie

Thanks for your reply.....just worried about spending $$ and not being able to get he benefits! Cheers

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers