Janome Memory Craft MC5200

Janome Memory Craft MC5200

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Janome? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

curvychick57South East Queensland, QLD

I love, love, love this beautiful machine

I was looking for a new machine but most of the newer ones I tested were lightweight & flimsy. I came across this Janome Memory Craft MC5200 which debuted in about 2010. I was delighted to find a new one through Hobby Sew for half the original Price. It's a heavy machine weighing 11kg. I have been Sewing garments, home Dec & the odd bag. It's a great machine to use, very smooth and a perfect stitch.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
    whoodBribie Island

Love it.

I love the different straight stitches you can choose, I like the recommendations for needle thread tension and foot pressure and presser feet to use. I like the speed control slider. I haven't had it a long time, but I am really looking forward to putting it through its paces. It has so many functions, I really don't think I will get to use them all, but it is nice to know that I may.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Janome MC5200 Sale

Memory Craft 5200 | Computerised Sewing Machine

Hobbysew is selling them for $799. They are a well built machine and best value for money at the moment.
    The stylishly designed Janome Memory Craft MC5200 provides excellent versatility, including a convertible needle plate. With an abundance of unsurpassed features and handy stitch designs, it will ensure that your creative potential is fully realised. With the MC5200 you can bring your sewing ideas to life.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Janome Memory Craft MC5200 compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

stephanieasked

How do I oil this machine MC 5200

thankyou Stephanie

curvychick57

Hiya Stephanie, if you open the little door where the light bulb is you can get to the moving parts easier, especially if you have an oil container with a long nozzle. See the shaft that goes up & down when you turn the hand wheel manually ? I put a drop there & apply just a smidgen to the moving parts. You must not use too much otherwise you may get oil drops on your fabric.
    Also, if you take the plate off on top of the bobbin holder, so remove plate, remove Bobbin holder & you'll see a little square piece of felt, only one drop there & you're done.
    Computerized machines don't need slathering with oil unlike old manual Bernina etc Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Lindsey

stephanie

Thank you very much.That is most useful Stephanie

Debbie N.
    Debbie N.asked

How do you stop thread catching on bottom sewing plate?

whood

I’m sorry, but I have never had that happen to me. You need to contact your local Janome centre , or phone them, they will be able to help. I have always found them very helpful.

Traceyasked

I too have had trouble doing free motion and was later told the machine was not built to do free motion was very disappointed in this after spending so much on it.. i put it in to have it checked and they told me it couldn't do it.. i thoughg most sewing machines did this?

Sharon keay
    Sharon keay

What if you put your needle i position 4. I find then i can free motion quilt.

Tracey

I will try that sharon keay thanks

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers