Japan Rail Pass Now

Japan Rail Pass Now Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Simon A.

When I get my Rail pass voucher… can I make Reservations straight away.
Will my Pass voucher have my pass number with it?
Thanks…

Ela
Ela

We did not try that. When we were at the counter to get our JR pass the very helpful staff booked our Narita express to Tokyo and another trip. So easy

Simon A.

Thanks Ela….I’m very organised, and will have my big trip dates ready early, so I just wanted to know when I could start making my reservations. Thanks again…

Peter
Peter

Not happy with upcoming price rise especially on 2024 trip planning. Will have to seek alternative

der t.
der t.

do you have japan rail pass from brisbane to thailand khon kae and come to to australia darwin is still $300

Betta

Do you answer questions or not??
I asked a question 4 days ago which has not been answered
I get into Haneda at 8.30 pm
By the time I get bag & get through customs must be 9.30 pm
Where do I pick up Japan Rail Pass? Is there office in main train station in Kinjuku?

Betta

My grandson & I arrive at Haneda, terminal 3 at 8.30 pm on a Tuesday night. I believe the JR office is closed at Haneda
Can we exchange the voucher elsewhere in Tokyo the next day?
Robyn W

Tracy Sargent

Can I get from Haneda airport terminal 3 to Hamamatsu cho the station by monorail for free to exchange my JR Pass voucher. Does anyone know if the office will be open late after 8:30pm on a Friday night.
Thanks in advance Tracy & Paul

Hope you can help
We will arrive Haneda Terminal 3 from Australia at 8:00pm on a Friday night.
Will I be able to do the exchange at an office at this time of night?
If the office is closed, can we use the voucher to take the Monorail, and JR from Hamamatsucho to Tokyo
Is there any e-ticket available?

Aris
Aris

The Terminal 3 JR office closes at 8pm. There is a tourist information office at Terminal 2 that closes at 11pm. The voucher is not a train ticket so you will not be able to catch the JR until you exchange it and has to be done personally, not at a ticketing machine. Hope that helps.

Tracy Sargent

Thank you Aris! So the tourist info can exchange the voucher? How long does it take to get to Terminal 2, should we just buy the local 72 hour pass at a machine and exchange next morning?
Any idea how long it takes to get through customs etc.. thanks again

Jen R

We will be travelling to Hiroshima from Tokyo, having a night there and then stopping off in Osaka on the way back to Tokyo. All the timetables I can find online are for the bullet trains that are not included in the JR Pass. Is this trip possible using the JR Pass and if so, how long would the included trains take?

Kevin M.

Yes the jr pass covers the travel via the Shinkansen - it takes about 1.5 hrs from Hiroshima to Osaka- this is a bullet train - only a few express trains are not covered. We were travelling at 290 km/hr this morning - you can reserve your seats also

Jen R

Thanks for this - how about the Osaka - Tokyo part of the journey?

Kevin M.

Yes the same JR pass covers the fast trains along the spine of Japan - about 2hrs to Tokyo- just go to the JR ticket office after you get your pass and they will help reserve tickets

Russell H.
Russell H.

I am travelling Japan for 71 days on a flexible schedule and would appreciate Japan Rail Pass Now Representatives advising as follows:
1. If I enter using Japan Now Web and use the Customs Bar Code for entry, how does the JR Exchange Office know I am a tourist when I seek to exchange my first Pass and ticket?
2. In other words, once I do the exchange, how does the JR Exchange Office know I have Japan Rail Pass entitlements to obtain subsequent tickets?
3. Is there an issue if I do not wish to exchange within 30 days of arrival?
4. Alternatively, if I do exchange within 30 days for say a 7 day ticket, am I still entitled to later obtain 7, 14 or 21 day tickets outside the 30 days depending on where I may be in Japan at the time?

In anticipation, I look forward to your assistance.

Regards

Russell

Dannii C.

If I place the order today, can you guarantee we can receive it by Thursday the latest? We are leaving at Friday morning.

Warwick
Warwick

The receipt for my JR pass took about 3 or 4 days to arrive. You need the receipt to pick up the pass so I think you are cutting it fine.

Dannii C.

But we really need it can be sure receiving it by Thursday afternoon, so we can place the order.

Maureen
Maureen

I am leaving on 21/12/22 for Tokyo, will I be able to get the JR pass receipt by 21/12/22

Joshua Barlow
Joshua Barlow

I would buy directly thru the jr site and you can get it digitally!!!

Get an answer from our members and Japan Rail Pass Now representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Japan Rail Pass Now is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more