Japan Rail Pass Now

Japan Rail Pass Now

See the Best Travel Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Japan Rail Pass Now

Not good value for us

It was not good value really for us. We travelled nagano-kyoto- tokyo. Too hard to use in Kyoto - ended up stressed, catching wrong trains. Not enough info on the web in English. Have used JR east before and was happy with that. Japan Pass was a waste of money

Cornelia
CorneliaSydney, NSW

Poor knowledge

I was horrified to find that their "rail expert" didn't even know that the Shinkansen stopped at Shinagawa, and told me I had to go to Tokyo Station from Haneda to catch a service to Shin Osaka. When I queried this, they corrected the information, but I simply got a "sorry for the inconvenience" from another "expert".

Improve

We needed to be able to book seats on Shinkansen before we left Australia as it was to late when we arrived and spent most of our travel standing up. We paid for first class because we are older and wearing out so this was a major problem. Other than than as always the staff were great

John
JohnSydney, NSW

Unnecessary ..Queuing

Off 10 hour flight had to wait over 1 hour for JP Rail pass Narita airport to Tokyo Ticket.
Was so tired did not order next trip.....2 days later waiting 1.5 hours for other trip tickets.
Only to be told later that I had booked a seat on a cancelled train(was cancelled when I booked it--but not advised)
Waited another 1 hour to move cancelled ticket from PM to AM Ticket same day.
Only to be told later that all train that day was now cancelled (Typoon)
I do not understand why tickets/ seats can not be booked online like plane tickets ?
With Phone SMS message for cancelled trains & advice.

Travel Services

Find out how Japan Rail Pass Now compares to other Travel Services

Roisin
RoisinSydney, NSW

Unclear what trains can't take with pass. No extension despite one day of 7 day pass lost due to Typhoon Hagibis.

Had to get off empty train pointlessly despite it going where we wanted to arrive in 20 mins. Had to pay to get back to Tokyo the day after Typhoon Hagibis even though all trains had been cancelled the day before. Small print issues very poor.

Review collected in partnership with Japan Rail Pass Now

Needs to allo booking from home before you arrive in Japan

Need to do what Eurail does -allows bookings from outside of host country including booking seats and posts tickets before you leave home -Japan rail system is too cumbersome and needs to be modernized.

Review collected in partnership with Japan Rail Pass Now

Card worked perfectly the one time we used it but was a costly mistake