6Jayco Eagle

Touring 2019
Nathan B.
Nathan B.Western District, VIC3 posts

Absolute disgrace

Brand new 2020 eagle outback have had it for 7 months and nothing but issue after issue. Two seperate leaks in the roof. Silicone/sealant coming apart from joins. Cracked corner caps on the roof. Have contacted jayco with several emails and photos and receive no response. More than happy to take money for a service and claim that all warranty stuff has been lodged but they are awaiting approval. Absolutely disgraceful.  Show details
Jayco
Jayco   DM

Hello Nathan, thank you for contacting us and I am sorry to learn you have these concerns. So that we can further assist you, please send your concerns including your vans chassis number to info@jayco.com.au. Customer Relations Team

Bad Vans
Bad Vans

Jayco Dealers are hopeless and Jayco are thieves

Jayco vans are rubbish. Dont be fooled. The dealers are not interested in fixing problems they make you wait until you pay for a warranty service to fix their problems. It is a rort and the ACCC should do something about it. I complained to Jayco head office refused to take calls and they hide behind emails. Finally I got Jayco head office to do the service for $500 because they dont want to upset dealers with a cheaper service price. I marked everything before the service and nothing was touched. I embarrassed them so badly they refunded the money. I would never take my van back to any of them. I have slowly been upgrading the problems myself as I can because I am a qualified trades person not a child with a pop rivet gun.

Greg E
Greg EHunter Region, NSW10 posts
Stones
StonesRoleystone2 posts
  Verified Eagle

Nice Camper - light, easy to tow. not a family camper

2005 Jayco Eagle Outback
I bought my camper approx. 5years ago, i have young family (3 kids under 5).
Its nice and easy to tow around
I found that the older Jayco outbacks (campers) are built better then the new, as silly as it sounds - must be the simplistic no fuss
electric brakes are also a great relief when towing with a smaller SUV, with the family in the car
however, i wouldn't recommend it as a caravan park camper - its more just for off-road parts that are in-accessible for larger caravans or if your on a budget
i eventually sold my camper and upgraded to a 2012 Jayco expanda - shower/toilet/etc. and its fantastic in comparison! Show details
Ronny
RonnyAU

Roof won't wind down

I have a problem with my Eagle Outback 2004 > I can wind it up fine, but when I wind it down it only goes a short way down and then the handle mechanism becomes totally loose (no tension at all the and handle winds very loose) and the roof remains up (approximately 80% of its full opening height). Luckily it is in my driveway at home and not out remote.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Otherwise, my Jayco has been great, travelled Cape York no problems at all!!

CVC
CVCTownsville2 posts
rawtz
rawtz

Jayco eagle rubbish

Canvas leaks on bed ends wetting all bedding, leaks along all stitching holes despite being 'weathered' as instructed. Plastic parts are not uv stabilised so break within in 12 months.

Kimbers74
Kimbers74Sydney2 posts

Recently purchased but recalled

I'm in the same boat. Purchased an eagle but can't take delivery due to the recall. I'm being told the parts are coming but who knows when they will actually arrive and if they are the right ones (recall 1 vs 2). So annoying! Totally taken the shine off getting my van.

garkye
garkye
  Eagle

There are better campers out there

Camper has the ability to be good value but the workmanship on the van and the aftersales service is terrible.

Such as missing items, scratches on new bench, super glue used to glue down screw caps and chipped melamine, a poorly fitted weather strip that caused a leak on the first camping trip. A poorly wired 12 pin plug that caused a short and flattened both the starter battery in the car and the van battery and a company that won't return a phone call or offer to make things right, once they have your money it's too bad, so sad!

Betty
Digruntled
Digruntled

Eagle 2014 outback

Sold it after 3 months putting beds out than have to make them :(

May as well kept the soft floor camper no room inside awning was poor

Needed to do more homework next time

Poor quality was told as well built to a price