Jayco Optimum

28Ft Floor Plan, 25Ft Floor Plan

14 questions from our users

Nick H.

Nick H.asked

I Have a 2018 (think actually it is a 2017 but sold as 2018) on an Iveco 7-210 chassis.
I previously had a 5-170 avida which had inputs for USB and AUX in the cab. Can't find any in the Jayco. Anyone know if they are there

Bob

Bobasked

20018 29.5 optimum on iveco cant seem to isolate squeaking dont know if its suspension or inside motorhome any help would be great thanks Bob.

Bruno

Brunoasked

Where is the 12volt fuse for the fridge located.

Hi Bruno. I will ask my Auto Electrican, as he was in there a fair bit when doing upgrades recently; and a wire had fallen off and the fridge and it wasn’t going. Once put back on the right terminal - away she went. Cheers

Peter

I think it would be behind the bottom outside fridge vent. That’s where the power is connected 12v /240v and gas.

John Walshasked

I have just picked up my new Optimum fro Coffs Harbour and driven to Sydney on the new expressway all good but on the concrete sections the ride was extremely uncomfortable I am a old truck driver but this is a hard ride is it the tortion bar front end
Walshey

bully74

Check tyre pressure, the front tyres can go up to 90 psi but most run at 65 psi softer ride.

Peter

62-65psi- not 75 or 80 psi. Also the ride height height at the front. If it is low gives a rough ride. I gave ours a wheel alignment ( almost new ) and had the front torsion bars adjusted to the correct height. Made a lot softer ride.

a rough ride

John Walsh

Thank. You I will have it checked.
Regards John

Paul K.asked

I have no power to my lounge slideout all of a sudden can anyone help ??

Peter

Check with jayco factory-there must be a fuse or circuit breaker somewhere. The controllers under the bed pull the power cables off then push them back on.I have had problems with other electrical equipment and this has worked

Paul K.

Must have gotten wet I think it’s working perfectly again now thanks Peter

Scottyasked

Slide out hole in underside of flooring allows mice and small animals into interior

bully74

Scotty the hole is due to the way Jayco have set up the seat belts in the optimum 28.5, if you decided to not have the seat belts in the back of the motor home then the hole would not be there. They possibly could have used a different material instead of brush seals that may have better sealed the hole when the slide out is extended. If thinking of buying new one I am sure you could discuss with Jayco re better seals over the hole. They may have issues but no more them other brands do, but their warranty last well beyond the specified time if it is an issue that they believe has happened due to the manufacturing process. My unit is three years old with a one year warranty period but they have just completed warranty works for me due to they believed it was due to the method of construction, have not heard of other manufactures doing that.

Thank you for your help I will contact Jayco

Cocky

Cockyasked

a ladder,and price?,for an IV 29-5

bully74asked

Optimum 28Ft Floor Plan

How do you replace the electric motor on the jayco optimum 28.5 slide out? I need details how to remove.

Cheers

ian irvin
ian irvin

I am sorry as I have not hag an issue with my first model had two slide outs present one has only one have not had a problem make sure you check control under bed for slide out first Ian Irvin

bully74

Thanks Irvin since my request I found out it is a problem with the gears and shaft, so I will have to remove the frame from the motorhome to see what is going on.

Cheers and thanks for the reply

Rogerasked

Optimum 28Ft Floor Plan

Have a 2017 Jayco optimum 28ft on order but have now noted various comments re after service ( or lack of it) and am now concerned by those comments. I could cancel but on the positive side the van would have all the gear you could possibly need for an extended holiday. Would apreaciate any further comments. Roger

dontshoot007

hi roger join our group on facebook .. (Jayco Optimum & Conquest Motorhomes) ........read up more over 400 members your question will be answered

Judy V
Judy V

Don't worry Roger. You can get service and warranty in many many places in Australia for Jayco RVs. We're on our 4 the Jayco Motorhome and we wouldn't buy anything else. We picked up our 2017 Jayco Iveco 28.5 in April this year. It's an amazing unit. We loved our 2014 Jayco Iveco so we updated to the latest model. Jayco have really good after sales service. From our perspective we've found that some of the city dealerships are run off their feet in the service department. So if you need some warranty work done take it in to one of the regional areas and get it done there while on your travels. And join the Jayco optimum and Conquest Facebook page. Lovely people with loads of experience to help you along the way.

Roger

Thank you, we have our new van and as you say it's a ripper, very pleased with the finish, easy to drive and very comfortable. Have joined the Jayco Optimum and Conquest group and receive much valuable information. Thank you for your comments.

Paulasked

Optimum 28Ft Floor Plan

Thinking of buying a second hand Jayco Fiat Optimum with twin slide outs, appreciate some comments. Paul

dontshoot007

hi Paul come and join my site called jayco optimum & conquest motorhomes on Facebook ask all the questions you like we have over 60 optimum owners fiats mercs iveco s ...see u there

dennis wells
dennis wells

paul just think about it dont go any further

Bought one in SA last June, love it

Smiles64asked

Has anyone else had problems with the large slide out on the Jayco Optimum ?

dontshoot007

having problems with lounge slide have been back twice still not happy

Jayco Junk
Jayco Junk

I have nothing but trouble and Jayco are no help at all
Why didn't I spend my 200k with Sunliner or Paradise instead of a mass produced Jayco rubbish
Never never again will I buy Jayco
There is no support from Jayco at all
The selling dealer has tried twice in the first month to fix my slide out but still no good
It sticks in or out it makes metal on metal scraping noise
Jayco want me to drive to Melbourne from the south coast of Nsw to have them listen to the noises
But will not fix it when I get there I'll have to bring it back again IF THEY THINK THE NOISE IS NORMAL are they serious ?
I to scared to take my motor home away I picked it up on the 06.07.16 and don't want to be stranded in a park with it stuck out
What do you do if it jams you can't tow the vehicle is to wide
Do Jayco care NO

Smiles64

We said to them that it needs a bigger motor! The response "Well that's not likely to happen"
Yes they need to change their name to JUNKO

Kaysieasked

Jayco optimum motor home. Having problems with 3 water issues. 1. Water inlet: cannot get enough pressure to even get a drink of water when water hose attached to van. Enough water pressure from the water hose when not attached so appears there may be a restriction in van itself. Any ideas.
2. Grey water discharge wasn't happening at all valve opened.
3. Water leaking into drawers under sink. Can't seem to locate issue. Tried turning on taps and viewing - nothing. Not coming from waste. But water in drawers. Been back to retailer and was supposed to be fixed

This van is brand new.

Help? please

Jim
Jim

Water waking into drawers was a problem we had with new Jayco caravan a few years ago...local dealer offered to fix it .....couldn't.......then Jayco offered to replace the entire kitchen.....
I refused the offer and VERY strongly reminded them that we had paid for a new van .....not a new/repaired van.....same as you
Long story short Jayco replaced the entire van .....obviously not a new problem despite what they will try and tell you they are well aware of it

Kaysie

Thanks Jim sounds as though you ended up with the correct solution. We are quite disappointed as there are quite a few other issues also. Thanks again

dontshoot007

we have had the same problem leaking under sink as well found drain had come loose all good now I have start a web site free to join all optimum owners to review all problems and how to fix them likes and dislikes

Stephen Mackeyasked

I have ordered a new Jayco Optimum on the Iveco chasis, but I am unable to get much information on it even though the dealer I have ordered the vehicle from has been pursuing my requests for a broucher or more information on a regular basis. Is there any details on this vehicle over and above that it is the Iveco with 8 speed auto, and a larger single slide out?

Regards

Stephen

Max H
Max H

That's interesting, if it is an Optimum it must be the 28-5, that is the only Optimum with the Iveco cab. I also have one on order and so far as I know it still has two slide outs and not a single slide out. I believe that the nosecone is going to be a full fiberglass nosecone like the Mercedes powered Optimum, also, Jayco plan to male the access doors larger for the storage compartments but not much else will be changed. Where did you get your information about a single larger slide out?

Stephen Mackey

The Jayco dealer in Hobart provided me the the floor plan for the 28-5 Jayco Optimum with the new Iveco cab that shows a single slide-out. I was also initially advised that the two front seats in the Iveco do not swivel, we have optioned it to have swivel seats in the cab.

Regards

Ozman
Ozman

Hello Stephen, any chance you can send me an image of the floorplan, my email is justcruising@gmail.com
I'll have to follow up with the dealer regarding the swivel seats as I definitely don't want fixes front seats either.

Thanks.

wenburns

wenburnsasked

We are considering buying a Jayco 28' Optimum. We have had a Iveco/Winnebago Esperance, which we liked but not happy with the new Avida Esperance. We would appreciate any advice you may have.
Ken and Wendy

phil
phil

I own a jayco 28' optimum and would not recommend you buy one. Why it's 4 years old, jayco still can't fix the leaks in it and all the plastic trims are coming off.
It has spent more time in the repairers than being used . My wife and I are stuck with it as we are unable to upgrade to something else . Phil

bully74

Stay clear of them i purchased 2016 optimum 28.5 and would not buy another jayco had issues and now the slide out has broken could not get it fixed so we had to cancell our trip and come home tried Dubbo jayco and they told us at least two to three week waitdid not offer any options they did not seem to care was not there problem attitude i was told to take it back to were i purchased from not an option when you are so far from were you purchacsed it should not matter were it was purchased from jayco sell then self as having dealers all over australia that can help, not true.

Cheers

Ian

Get an answer from our members and Jayco representatives